Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #589
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERROR View Post
For the person asking, this is what I'm referring too. On the concept, the sweep underneath (on the rear,) is similar to the vette, and creates a sweeping under/forward line to the entire car. On the prepros, the bumper no longer swings under, it swings downward, and it appears, even slightly backwards, changing the swing under/forward line of the entire car. I see it as a very big change.

I realize the photo angles are slightly different, but that's the way I see it, and it's a little dissappointing, as the rear is the number one reason I fell in love with the concept.
Terror, I'm gonna have to agree... The tail was one of the main reasons I liked the concept so much... but what can you do man? The worst possible case is that its dissapoingting but its very understandable. I can tell that huge masses are going to buy this car and GM has to protect them with all these safety changes.

Since less people buy the Corvette compared to the Camaro (Price Range), GM can justify having that smooth tail it has, which was very similar to the Concept Camaro. In theory, if the Camaro was priced in the range of a Corvette, I guarantee you that that tail end of the Concept would be the production version, because its almost exactly like the Corvette.

I'm thinking since there will be so many Camaros out there, Camaros are the one who are most likey to get into an acciedent, and thats the justification for all the lips on the car.

... but I don't know, just speculating.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #590
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
You put words into his mouth, if you are going to quote someone make sure you get it right.

what camero said.
I hope that if you don't like it that you never even see one, let alone have the privilege of owning one.

what you said
I hope you never even have the privilege of seeing it

We are PRIVILEDGED to have people like him come on this board, and give us his thoughts.

Give your opinion then shut the #$$% up! No need to argue and argue and argue. What does it solve? Just because you bitch do you think that it will be changed? no.

Having people like him on the board, makes me want to even more go give my money to gm! I am pleased to even beable to type to someone that had any hand in designing this car.

I for one hope that you are banned. Driving a way someone of importance to this board should be a great reason for that.

go buy a dodge.

thank you and have a nice day.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #591
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
I have a legitament question here. Now, I don't want anyone getting mad or anything, I'm only curious about the design.

So, to the designers:

You know how half way down the back bumper there is that lip... well was it attempted to extend the whole piece of the bumper out instead of just the bottom half. That whole concept bumper is one piece... why not make the whole piece just " 1 inch thicker/longer" instead of making the bottom half 1 inch thicker/longer?

In this way, you keep the smooth end of the bumper (like the concept) but you also get the benefits of the 5mph crash-worthiness. With either bumper, if you get rear ended you'll have to replace the WHOLE bumper piece, just like you would if you had the concept bumper. Now, this is assuming that the lower extended piece in the back is ONE WHOLE PIECE, and not just something attached to the back end.

I really don't know if my questions make any sence... just let me know.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #592
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You could spit venom!?!?!?! I'm destroying my desk right now for all the hitting I'm doing reading these Incredibly CHILDISH responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, Camero is NOT a rep for GM on this site: He is no ambassador. He's a person. Like you, like me, and he just so happens to work on the car. In other words, he's not bound by the company to provide kind and fluffy responses to your complaints. So kudos to those of you who pissed him off because of it. Congrats.

Secondly, and I can't believe I'm even writing this to members of this forum....The last few pages or so have been completely wrapped up in people whining (YES, at this point, it's WHINING!) about a FREAKING BUMPER!!!!! I'm unbelievably dissapointed that such a trifle thing could possibly carry on for such a long period of time. Everybody wanted the gas cap, nobody wanted a B-pillar, and for similar reasons there are different bumpers. Compound that with the fact that the reasons for changing it have been explained a thousand times over to everyone here by TWO people who WORKED on it! So, like everybody has done for the aforementioned concerns; I advise you to GET OVER IT.

If several comments about liking the car despite the bumper issue hold true, then it really shouldn't be too hard to do.

I thought for a while that the good nature of the people on this forum would win over like it usually does, and the whining and bickering back and forth would stop. I can't believe it didn't. A fact that pains me as I write this.

So thread closed, and no other will start up like this again, I can promise you all that.

a note; this is not targeted at everyone who took part in these conversations. There have been many well crafted, legitimate questions asked, and concerns voiced. But as it were, the few ruined it for the many. I also apologize to anyone who may not have had a question of theirs answered. There will no doubt be a questions thread after the Camaro's debut video; so feel free to ask them there.

Closed Thread