Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Thumbs down ICONZ = THIEVES!!

Will try to make this a story short but gotta tell it. Ken and ICONZ wheels stole wheels and money from me.

I purchased a set of Iconz wheels 2 yeatrs ago and sent 2 of the wheels back to Iconz for repairs this June. After talking to Ken via e-mail we decided that they would refinish brushed centers on both wheels and replace one of the chrome lips for $875. When I agreed to this price and sent Iconz the wheels I was told that there was a 2 - 3 week lead time on repair and return, and they did all repairs in house, which I found out later was BS!

Well a month went bye before I started emailing Ken about the wheels and it was one excuse after another, "1 of the wheels was done insuffeciently so they had to send it back for repair" and "well thay are backed up" who is "they" thought these were in house repairs??? a month later, "Yeah still waiting on the one wheel" blah blah blah....

August rolls around and still no wheels and then they stop responding to my e-mails and it wasn't until I started sending angry e-mails that I would get a reply from some douch bag named Dave or something saying :oh yeah their ready now and should ship soon" WTF is soon! I told them send my wheels back repaired or not since you have them and I will take the loss and move on......still nothing. Asked them to call me directly and they never did. They have no phone number to reach them by the way. Very conveinent for them, what type of busniness has no contact number??

Months later after several pissed off emails I finally get a response in October saying "oh I've been sending you emails but you have not replied and I need a shipping address for FedEx and a bunch of crap which is total BS. the guy even had the nerve to tell me that the hold-up was becasue I did not provide shipping address when in the e-mail he sent me this dumb a$$ excuse actually had the mailing address in a previous email I sent him 2 emails down from his repsonse. At this point I realized they are stealing from me and I tell him as much which I guess pissed him off and he immediately sent a response saying "we would never steal anything from anyone how dare I say this blah blah blah" So I say "Oh so you do get my e-mails and proves you have been full of sh!t the whole time like I thought"!

Last e-mail I got from them was in December and stated "wheels ready to ship and will send tracking info.......it's February and still no wheels. Went to my CC company finally and explained the whole ordeal and they just credited back my account for the $875 I spent for repairs.....but I'm still out the 2 wheels of course making the set useless!

With that said let it be known and I hope one of these Iconz a$$ holes reads this thread so they know that if they ever run into me or any of my associates in the Miami area there will be some serious furniture moving going on if you know what I mean! I like to think of myself as a cool calm kinda guy but in reality I'm from "off the corner" as they say and won't tolerate anyone taking anything from me and if I ever run into one of these guys I will get my money worth from them in flesh! And that's not a threat....it's a f'ing promise!

WARNING!!!! DO NOT do any business with ICONZ Wheels if that are actually still in business, you will be sorry. And so will these Iconz guys if me or my folks get a hold of em.

JP
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
It's ridiculous what some people feel they can do to others! You should get all your money back!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
The phone number on the front of their website doesn't work?
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
It's ridiculous what some people feel they can do to others! You should get all your money back!
Karma is a bastard and I believe everything that goes around comes around in some way shape or form. But unfortunately I will never see those 2 wheels again or get money back for them. I should have known better and gone with a reputable vendor of the forum like Noneball or something....won't make that mistake again.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirManFL View Post
The phone number on the front of their website doesn't work?
It seems to only go to a fax machine....can take in orders and CC information that's for sure, but talking to you on the phone....they don't believe in that.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #6
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Make a police report. Its theft if they don't give you back the wheels.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #7
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
Make a police report. Its theft if they don't give you back the wheels.
+1, at least make life a little more difficult for them.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
File with the Better Business Bureau too... Put their asses on the radar!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #9
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
i would google their name and go to every car forum they're a memeber of tell people about your story linking to one that has a long break down of the situation
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #10
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
i would google their name and go to every car forum they're a memeber of tell people about your story linking to one that has a long break down of the situation
Oh, the beauty and danger of the Internet.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #11
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
lay it to them man. Hope you find those f***ers
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #12
JProberts

Yeah at this point I'm gonna wait and see what the CC investigation turns up and then follow up with authorities. Once all evidence is in and situation resolved either way then I will go to the boards with facts and lay it out there for everyone to see. I suspect I'm not the first victim of this and since I never see anyone posting pics of new wheels from Iconz, so it's probably more of a case of I should have known better.

In my heart I knew it was a gamble to send them the rims for repair but went ahead with it anway. So in the end I have to take some responsibility also.....but that's not going to stop me from gettin in dat a$$ one way or another if and when I ever catch up to these guys.

People shouldn't steal and lie for their own gains. Simple principle in life but means everything. And it's more about that than the money.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #13
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Are these people vendors on this forum
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
Will try to make this a story short but gotta tell it. Ken and ICONZ wheels stole wheels and money from me.

I purchased a set of Iconz wheels 2 yeatrs ago and sent 2 of the wheels back to Iconz for repairs this June. After talking to Ken via e-mail we decided that they would refinish brushed centers on both wheels and replace one of the chrome lips for $875. When I agreed to this price and sent Iconz the wheels I was told that there was a 2 - 3 week lead time on repair and return, and they did all repairs in house, which I found out later was BS!

Well a month went bye before I started emailing Ken about the wheels and it was one excuse after another, "1 of the wheels was done insuffeciently so they had to send it back for repair" and "well thay are backed up" who is "they" thought these were in house repairs??? a month later, "Yeah still waiting on the one wheel" blah blah blah....

August rolls around and still no wheels and then they stop responding to my e-mails and it wasn't until I started sending angry e-mails that I would get a reply from some douch bag named Dave or something saying :oh yeah their ready now and should ship soon" WTF is soon! I told them send my wheels back repaired or not since you have them and I will take the loss and move on......still nothing. Asked them to call me directly and they never did. They have no phone number to reach them by the way. Very conveinent for them, what type of busniness has no contact number??

Months later after several pissed off emails I finally get a response in October saying "oh I've been sending you emails but you have not replied and I need a shipping address for FedEx and a bunch of crap which is total BS. the guy even had the nerve to tell me that the hold-up was becasue I did not provide shipping address when in the e-mail he sent me this dumb a$$ excuse actually had the mailing address in a previous email I sent him 2 emails down from his repsonse. At this point I realized they are stealing from me and I tell him as much which I guess pissed him off and he immediately sent a response saying "we would never steal anything from anyone how dare I say this blah blah blah" So I say "Oh so you do get my e-mails and proves you have been full of sh!t the whole time like I thought"!

Last e-mail I got from them was in December and stated "wheels ready to ship and will send tracking info.......it's February and still no wheels. Went to my CC company finally and explained the whole ordeal and they just credited back my account for the $875 I spent for repairs.....but I'm still out the 2 wheels of course making the set useless!

With that said let it be known and I hope one of these Iconz a$$ holes reads this thread so they know that if they ever run into me or any of my associates in the Miami area there will be some serious furniture moving going on if you know what I mean! I like to think of myself as a cool calm kinda guy but in reality I'm from "off the corner" as they say and won't tolerate anyone taking anything from me and if I ever run into one of these guys I will get my money worth from them in flesh! And that's not a threat....it's a f'ing promise!

WARNING!!!! DO NOT do any business with ICONZ Wheels if that are actually still in business, you will be sorry. And so will these Iconz guys if me or my folks get a hold of em.

JP

A lot of emails being sent. How about phone calls? A lawyer would have perfect for this type of situation especially if you have documented evidence which you do. In today's day in age emails are the easiest technology driven solution but you still have to pick up a phone.

Hope everything with your situation works out! BBB claim and a police report would be something to consider.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote