The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #57
MiamiDadeVette

Drives: 2014 Corvette Z51
Send a message via AIM to MiamiDadeVette
Lorenzo Bomnin Chevrolet

Had some issues with my car as I described in other posts. I have to tell you that despite the problems with my new C7 z51 this dealers general manager JC and mechanic Stan were excellent to deal with, kept their word and worked with GM to do everything possible to fix my issues. I am very pleased with this Miami chevy service department
MiamiDadeVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #58
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '22 Challenger GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahowley View Post
Ok so I got my car back. Let me start by saying I love my car. It drives amazing. I am so happy to be in it. I had a little run in with a ZL1 on the way home. FUN FUN FUN. Now for the not so fun.

The torque tube was replaced. That issue seems to be solved.
The Track mode as I called it or TPM menu now is operational.
The nag/informational system was replaced with a new unit, but still is not operational. An engineer is coming to the dealership on Thursday to look at my car and hopefully fix issue. They offered to keep me in rental, but I declined and took my car back.
That's my story. I am happy to have her back and I am sure Chevy will get the issue straight. It's just tuff to have this amazing machine for 24 days and have 10 of them sent in the dealers garage. I love this car the best car i've ever driven!
Thanks
Those 10 days in the shop and ANY mileage they put on your car extendeds your factory warranty by that many days and/or miles.

It's in the fine print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM_Crash View Post
I haven't had any strange issues. I do hear the dash pad creak a little when going over uneven ground. It's kind of annoying because otherwise the car feels really solid.
My dash sounds like an old creaky ship going over uneven roads.

This is where the GM Customer Service Rep goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Customer Service
I'm sorry you're having these issues... blah blah blah blah...
A whole lot if talking with no one doing anything to fix it.

Last edited by Hulkamaniac; 08-23-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #59
runs516

Drives: 2014 Torch Red Coupe
DRL out

Picked mine up August 2 and after 1,500 miles the passenger DRL goes out. Just looking for any suggestions as my dealership cannot get me in to look at the car until November 5. Crazy. The headlamp and turn signal on the same side function fine just no DRL.
runs516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #60
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
I suggest a different dealership! I can understand the service department being busy and booked for a week or so, but not 6 weeks! What would happen if this was your only car and it had a major safety issue? Would they make you wait 6 weeks for that? And technically, all exterior lighting is a safety item.

Look elsewhere for service. My dealership always works me in within 5 days. There are plenty more out there who will too.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:54 PM   #61
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Try another dealer. Unless waiting for a part i never wait longer than a week before they can get me in.
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #62
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, you are aware that when you use the signal, the DRL goes out?
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #63
runs516

Yes, this was a chance meeting with a small town police officer who stopped me during the day because this light was out. I think he wanted a closer look at the car because that is all we talked about. He did have me turn headlights on to show they worked fine.
Now I just toggle the DRLs off during the day.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #64
runs516

Found a dealer only fifty miles away who has several techs on staff and my appointment is next Tuesday.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:05 AM   #65
Tribefan7

Drives: 2014 stingray
I am about to write GM and tell them to take this car back. I have a lemon. Been in the shop many times, they keep telling me it is normal. I am at my end with this car. i love it but it is not worth the truble. Problems:
Rattling when in V4
Rough shifts in trans, especially when in V4. You can hear a knock when it shifts
Radio screen jumps on and off
When using launch control, the car loses power and cuts in and out for a second then grabs and goes.
Body panel on rear is off by a whole inch
When ideling it has a bad ticking sound
Water pump shaft broke and had to replace water pump, pully, and mainfold.
Horriable pluse in steering wheel once I get over 50mph. Dealer told me it was from my run flat tires.
Am I being to picky or do you guys think I have a lemon.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #66
purpleRac3r

There should be no rattle or rough shifting in V4 mode. There is a known problem that some torque tubes in automatic trans cars are bad and need to be replaced. Similarly, some infotainment screens are bad from the manufacturer and need replacement. These are not "normal" conditions you describe, and both items will be replaced under warranty. If your dealer is unwilling to do the work, absolutely find a new dealer!

The pulsing steering to me indicated a front tire out of balance, or perhaps a bent wheel. The pulsing in NOT a normal condition. Again, any dealer worth dealing with will be willing to at least rebalance the front wheels to rule that out, and replace a bad wheel. It is admittedly a little more challenging to balance a run-flat in some equipment but not impossible.

The body panel again should be a warranty repair if you can show it was that way at delivery. An inch of misalignment is NOT normal. The factory takes excessive care to make sure panels are within just a few millimeters

The water pump issue is a fluke, and I don't think you should hold that against the car. If more than one fails in a short time, it would be an issue worth pursuing.

Finally, the mechanical fuel pump does normally make a sewing machine-like sound but us usually not noticeable except at low speeds and idle with the windows down. The torque tube issue does create louder ticking or rattle that can sound like its coming from the engine. Replace the tube and I suspect the your engine rattle goes away too. Hope this helps some!

Overall, it sounds like dealership doing your service is the lemon, not your car! Go elsewhere - there are many great dealers out there.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

Old 10-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #67
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
Direct injection makes a ticking noise.
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:05 AM   #68
Pollickjp

Drives: 3LT all option minus competi seats
I had torque tube replaced at 1800 miles but it really was crankshaft endplay from faulty bearing which slapped into torque tube...eventually car started stalling and engine had to be replaced...returned under lemon law got all money plus tax back...driving '13 audi S7, much more happy...do miss the C7 tho
Pollickjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #69
Jonny AZ

Drives: 2014 Z51 Stingray Convertible
ENDLESS PROBLEMS PAIRED WITH POOR SERVICE

I Have a 2014 Z51 Corvette Stingray LT3 Convertible with just about everything you can get but the sport seats. I got this car on a whim while taking my Lexus IS F in for service. This beauty was sitting on the lot with only 3600 miles on her. They were being flexible on price and working with me to trade in my IS-F. Had I know this car was a bag of problems, I never would have purchased it.

So at around 4,000 miles I hear a grinding noise coming from the engine bay. I take the car in for service and get a pulley tensioner replaced 2 days in the shop. Okay that's fine. At around 6300 miles I am out with a friend who just bought a Jaguar F-Type with with a 5.0 Supercharged V8. We are both cruising through a section of road in Scottsdale when my car just seizes. I go to turn it on and all power is gone including hazards. I can't get it out of park, the hazards wont turn on and I am in the middle of the road. Not a good situation to be in at night when there are cars coming around the turn at you . Thank god my friend was able to park his car behind mine and turn on his hazards or I would have been hit. After 2 hours of waiting for GM roadside assistance, we determined that my car had major problems and needed to be towed.

Two days later I get a call from dealer Van Chevrolet in Scottsdale letting me know that the starter burned out thus blowing my whole fuse system. The good new is we fixed all that. The bad news is we took your car for a test drive and discovered that you have an impacted flywheel and bent rod bearing. "WE HAVE TO REPLACE YOUR ENTIRE MOTOR" and cooling system. About 16 days later I get a call back-- we took your car for another test drive.. the motor works great but.... we think you need another torque tube. "ANOTHER TORQUE TUBE?" I asked. They said yes there was one put on this car at 1000 miles. Words can't describe how frustrated I was. I love the car and its performance but it is just not worth making car payments on 75K car when I am in a GMC Terrain or Chevy Silverado loaner for a month. I called GM Customer service to open a case for a buyback. They declined saying that the torque tube was a previous issue that caused the engine issues and other issues. Honestly GM I DONT CARE WHAT PART CAUSED IT. YOU MANUFACTURED THE PART AND THE CAR. IT SHOULD NOT NEED AN ENGINE REPLACEMENT AT 6600 MILES.

SO to make matters worse, I get the car back from the dealership only to discover that my alignment was off. I soon discovered that my passenger side black wheels were curbed badly. I also noticed scratches filled with automotive grease on the front quarter panel. Back to the dealership I go to give them the what for. So after 21 days in the shop I have to turn around and bring it back for dealer negligence. GM...get it together. When I was with Lexus, my 420 HP IS-F never had a single problem other than oil changes , brakes and tires. I always got a nice loaner car if I needed one not an economy car that in no way matched the value of my car or car payments.

To all of you considering a Stingray-- please re-consider. GM while designing a great looking car with amazing capabilities builds horrible quality and denies accountability. Do yourself a favor and choose another brand. GM had the nerve to call me today to take a customer satisfaction survey. They offered to re-open my buyback case. I highly doubt that they will do the right thing and finally buy this hunk of problems back. I am so done with this car and this company!
Jonny AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #70
purpleRac3r

Jonny, most if not all of your current problems seem to be as much the dealership as the the car itself. Also, the dealer you bought it from sounds like they may not have told you the entire story during the sale, probably trying to move it quickly. I would suggest a different dealership before bashing GM too harshly. Greasy scratches, bad alignment and curb rash are results of careless dealership staff, not poor design. It actually sounds like someone there took your car and really hammered it. I would be curious to know the difference in mileage from when you dropped it off to when you picked it up - my suspicion is way more than it should be! And if they beat on your car, its conceivable the latest motor problem are more related to that than design/production flaws. There are, sadly, too many unscrupulous dealers out there. I would investigate them a little deeper, and get that second opinion. Something seems off with your situation