Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 03-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #57
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Tranny Gone !

Well another set back. Good news is...it runs like a raped ape. So I am told...

Guys took a couple passes to test her out and by the time I got there.....Trans is gone. Smoked the clutches big time. I was told its like driving on Ice. Put her in D and nothing but wheel spin but still lost the tranny. They were sure all grinin when I got there. They said it is absolutely scary fast and keeping it on the road is next to impossible. Looks like I might need Drag radials but I am afraid to hook it up won't be able to keep a drive train underneath it or I may twist the car up and I dont want a cage in such a clean car. anyway...new tranny on the way with no promises it will hold up. Got the strongest 350 I could find supposedly good to 550 HP but I am 150 over that. Really dont want to go turbo 400 too many other changes to make. If this one goes I will have to go with all new drive train. Rear and tranny, new drive shaft manual valve body and all that krap. Just want it for playing on the street so I will just try and be careful at least for this summer. Trans will be here begining of next week so two steps forward one back. It was the original trans except for valve body and TQ converter and I did beat it pretty hard with the old blown small block so hopefully the upgrades will hold me.

I did manage to get it outside for some pics in the day light. I will post those next but for now DOA.:(

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #58
carguy
Carguy

outside Pics

Name:  DSC02613.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  133.0 KB

Name:  DSC02615.jpg
Views: 1837
Size:  143.1 KB

Name:  DSC02616.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  135.9 KB

Name:  DSC02623.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  168.2 KB

Name:  DSC02624.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  170.1 KB

Name:  DSC02625.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  170.9 KB

Name:  DSC02626.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  171.9 KB

Name:  DSC02627.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  172.6 KB

Name:  DSC02628.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  152.6 KB

Remember still have to lower front end....waiting on springs.

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
Old 03-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #59
carguy
Carguy

one more...

Name:  DSC02617.jpg
Views: 1791
Size:  141.9 KB

Old 03-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #60
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Nice!

Those wheels are so close, most folks won't even notice
Old 03-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #61
carguy
Carguy

Springs came in...putting them in tomorrow. Hopefully they will get me down where we need it up front. Darn motor is so light I'm not sure I'm gonna get the two inches I need. We will find out tomorrow. Tranny is supposed to be delivered tomorrow as well so maybe by Monday, weather permitting, we will have some cool burn out video's.

Hope the rear end holds up...

Stay tuned....:,

Old 03-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #62
carguy
Carguy

Mission Accomplished

Update....Back on The road !

Ok Folks here is where we are at. Tranny is in , Springs are in and I am as happy as one guy can possibly be !

There are no words to explain the Grin on my face or the giggles that periodically come uncontrollably blurting out of my mouth at any given moment. This is one BAD son of a Gun. Just exactly what I wanted.

I have driven a lot of fast cars in my day ....still own several over 600hp and tq...but none compare to this thing.

I finally got a chance to flog it yesterday and I am still smiling.

With a turbo 350 in place there is absolutely no reason for first gear. I can be putting down the road in second and stand on it and i have all I can do to keep it on the road. Nothing but smoke. Absolutely crazy...

I wasted a lot of tire yesterday. I was going to shoot some video but was too busy driving it to get out and take pics or even locate a safe place to take the video. This is going to take some real preplanning. Like a deserted four lane highway...

The front springs Have me right where it needs to be...got 10 inches of Rubber on all four corners and I will be rotating them often I am afraid.

The only loose items are...Radiator overflow can, recharge AC, Get Tach converted to work on low voltage signal,dial in speedo ( not that it matters only goes to 85mph), New rear shocks, had air shocks from days gone by ....no longer necessary. Ride height is perfect. Not even a hint of wheel hop. And I must do something with the coil covers still trying to decide whether to polish them or paint them or chrome them but having to much fun right now to worry about that minute detail. I have to freshen some decals on the hood etc so I will give it more thought than. But for Now....There isn't a happier man on the planet.

Its just about HUNTING SEASON if you catch my drift...and PUN.

For now, life is good. Few details and the project can be called complete.

I never thought I would like to drive anything more than my 2 blown 2010's even at 652 HP my 2010's Don't hold a candle to this thing. Hopefully I will get some video on youtube as soon as I can find someone willing to hold the camera.

Oh yeah ...gotta give a huge Shout out to Dan and Jimmy ! These guys really pulled off the impossible.

Also Kolby and Korey at Turnkey Engine Supply for building such a Kick A.. motor !

Mission Complete !

Last edited by carguy; 03-24-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #63
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Car looks awesome. very straight too....for now lol

If your looking for someone to hold the camera im your guy. Hahaha been a while since ive been in a fast car.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #64
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Car looks awesome. very straight too....for now lol

If your looking for someone to hold the camera im your guy. Hahaha been a while since ive been in a fast car.
C'mon over, you are close to me ! I would be more than happy to give you a ride!

Be prepared for a permant grin that takes days to remove. Still smilin !

This thing is an absolute blaaaaast !

Old 03-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #65
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
That is the sickest late 2nd gen ever!!!!!

I want to do the same someday.
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #66
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David79z28 View Post
That is the sickest late 2nd gen ever!!!!!

I want to do the same someday.
Thanks....it really turned out nice. Funny it was sitting in the drive this afternoon and a guy driving by saw the fuel pump and pickup hanging down from the back and he stopped and asked if it had nitrous cause of the fuel pump and tank, which is about the only visible sign of something not being quite right without raising the hood. My response..... Not yet ! I was sitting with the guy who did most of the work and we both just busted up laughing. We didn't say another word and the guy left, I believe, a little confused.

That's the best part of the whole project. You would never have a clue unless you saw it from the back. The three inch exhaust kinda gives it away a little too. But the blower whine definitely raises eyebrows but I would bet most would guess gear drive.

We have all been just flogging it and staring at it. It's pretty much unbelievable. At least to me. Loved the 6/71 but this is just a sick SOB.

Thanks for the props.....

Old 03-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #67
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
C'mon over, you are close to me ! I would be more than happy to give you a ride!

Be prepared for a permant grin that takes days to remove. Still smilin !

This thing is an absolute blaaaaast !

Sounds like a plan, according to google maps your only 9" away which to their calculations is 2hrs. once i get a little more time logged into my car id be willing to make the trip. Ill show you mine if you show me yours.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #68
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
This looks amazing.

Only if I had the money and it would fit under a shaker hood.....
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #69
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Sounds like a plan, according to google maps your only 9" away which to their calculations is 2hrs. once i get a little more time logged into my car id be willing to make the trip. Ill show you mine if you show me yours.
Stay in touch...sounds like a good deal to me ! Not to sound shady...but would love to see yours as well !

Just Love cars especially Camaro's Hence the screen Name car guy. I can even get you a ride in a neat 70 maverick with a 2011 coyote motor in it. Its fasts hell too. Same guys built it !

Old 03-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #70
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
This looks amazing.

Only if I had the money and it would fit under a shaker hood.....
Don't think it would make it under a shaker...its so close up front where the air inlet tube clamps to the throttle body I have to have the hose clamps turned to the side otherwise they would hit the hood.

Everything on this thing just barely fit...Thats why its so cool. I lucked out on everything. Doesn't usually happen that way...usually just miss.:face palm:

Its like it was just meant to be !