Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #57
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Sometimes I don't know why I even visit C5... the bickering, the whining, the trolling, the needling and silliness... worse than my grade school kiddos. But, being a sucker for pain, I still check in every now and then, and it is posts like THIS that are so top- shelf, beautiful, touching, inspiring--- even well written!--- that redeem every troll's negativity ten times over.

Great pics (how I do love SGMs... ), great backstory, and GREAT to see how the Camaro brothers and sisters ARE when it comes to philanthropy. THIS is what I dig about the "club..." good people.

(I will say this, though... you referenced how some of the yellow Camaro owners may have seemed mildly irritated by Bumblebee references by kids... while mine is not a Transformers Edition, nor even close, few things are more enjoyable to hear than kids talking about, or even talking TO "Bumblebee." It NEVER gets old... any yellow Camaro owner who gets irritated at a kid who is thrilled to see "Bumblebee" needs to turn in his Camaro, and go get a greyish, mid '90s Honda or Toyota, so he can blend in instead of stand out!)
Thanks! It is especially nice to see all the positive comments that people have left. Based on some of the threads I have read, I seriously expected some people to post some snide remarks. I'm glad they never showed up. Too busy bashing tail lights, I guess.

In regards to Bumblebee curmudgeons; they do exist. I actually heard one yellow Camaro owner utter the words "I hate Bumblebee!" And then he went on to explain why. I won't repeat any of that here, because to be perfectly honest, I had stopped listening at that point.
My wife even told me about a Boeing employee who bought a Transformers Edition when they first came out, and then removed all the badging because he just wanted a yellow Camaro. Not everybody who works there is a rocket scientist.

Enough horror stories. Perhaps a little optimistic news: My wife tells me that Tim will be seeing the doctors at University of Washington. They are pretty well equipped for this sort of thing, so hopefully they will be able to get a handle on what is going on. Keep your fingers crossed!

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #58
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Awesome! Well done.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #59
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
How do you vote to have this posted to the C5 homepage?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #60
ogre

Drives: 2013 2LS Black
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #61
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Faith in humanity bolstered by this thread. Thank you, Good People.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #62
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
Unfortunately, I think the mods don't care about what we do here in the NW. We assembled a bunch of nice cars, a record amount of Synergies in one place, we do something for the community, help out a friend in need, and all they are concerned about is C5 fest and the Woodward Cruise.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #63
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #64
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Unfortunately, I think the mods don't care about what we do here in the NW. We assembled a bunch of nice cars, a record amount of Synergies in one place, we do something for the community, help out a friend in need, and all they are concerned about is C5 fest and the Woodward Cruise.
lol! I just looked for the "Like" button...
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #65
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I like the green with white stripes, never seen that combo, sweet.
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #66
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Quote:
+10
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #67
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
what an awesome story ...this is what i love about this site ..there are still people who CAN show that they care...way to go
Old 08-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #68
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
+10
Well do we know how to be able to nominate this ? I'd be happy to be the one to do it if I knew how I"m not very familiar with how stuff works around here.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #69
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Sometimes I don't know why I even visit C5... the bickering, the whining, the trolling, the needling and silliness... worse than my grade school kiddos. But, being a sucker for pain, I still check in every now and then, and it is posts like THIS that are so top- shelf, beautiful, touching, inspiring--- even well written!--- that redeem every troll's negativity ten times over.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #70
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Well do we know how to be able to nominate this ? I'd be happy to be the one to do it if I knew how I"m not very familiar with how stuff works around here.
It involves the mods. They choose what goes on the first page. We are now old news, since Arizona is on the Front Page. I'm guessing community involvement doesn't mean much to them, let alone the great turn out. Thank you Merc from British Columbia and Jayhawk from Oregon did that drive! Thank you to every one who enjoyed and supported this event.