Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
Paperer
Ragin' Cajun

Drives: '02 Camaro SS - '10 CGM 2SS/RS
I live right on I75 about 2-3 miles into Oklahoma, so I have the liberty of driving in both Oklahoma and Texas. The drivers in both states are completely different.

I drive in Texas 89.9% of the time. The Texas drivers in Northern Texas know how to drive...on the highway. Off the highway, it's a different story. I can't tell you how many simple rear endings at stop lights I've seen, or people getting in the wrong lanes and holding up traffic.

Now, in the part of Oklahoma I live in, it's one giant speed trap. People drive like grandma's on the highway because they're so afraid of being pulled over. And it seems like in Oklahoma, people don't know how to use the passing lane, they get in it and cruise at 60. Once you get into towns in Oklahoma, it couldn't be any smoother.

Overall, both areas aren't very accident prone, just too slow at times.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #16
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
how about riding a bike?
How about Bike over..'bike'..

Wait.. this is Pittsburgh not Michigan. Nevermind..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 View Post
obviously you've never been to Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh? BWAHAHAHA! More like all of PA.

Don't forget the people that put on their turn signal for a fraction of a second, and then proceed to veer across eight lanes of traffic onto an exit ramp and act like it's your fault they just almost took down three cars and a truck.

2SS RJT with black rally stripes, RS package, sunroof, painted engine block cover. It's either that or a damned similar 'vert in a few years.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #18
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
^^^ true... but I was mainly talking about the never endless supply of hills
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #19
RAdams
Car Guy

Drives: '08 Mustang GT, '01 Isuzu VehiCROSS
I'm in central Oklahoma and must agree with Paperer - pokie-Okies are always cruising in the passing lane on the highways. I don't see much improvement in the cities though - if there are 2 people on any given stretch of road, they are driving side-by-side 20 MPH under the speed limit.

I'm not sure, but brake lights and turn signals on trailers may be illegal here. If I ever see a trailer with lights, I'll ask the driver and report back.
RAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #20
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Punk-A$$ White Boys: Too Fast

Old People: Too Slow (on initial take-off)

Orientals: Too Slow, Period.

Illegals: Slow, Because They Don't Want To Get Pulled Over By The Cops For Speeding.

Everyone else is cool pretty much.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #21
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
I could go on and on about how terrible the drivers in Florida are. A lot of the drivers feel the need to live on the edge and just swerve into another lane without looking. Others feel the need to do 90 in 45 zones, and then there are those that do 20 in 55 zones. I love it when you go to pass them and you look down and you are doing 120, and they are still besides you. I also love it when you are at a light, and soon after the left/right lane has to merge, so they decide to try and pass you. As someone mentioned before, the people who stop to talk to others, yeah that pisses me off as well. Another thing I hate is the morons that go to my college. They insist on ignoring stop signs. The city commute here is bad. I can drive 30 miles in around 35-45 mins pending on lights, in the morning its more like 1 1/2 hrs, maybe 2. During the lunch rush it's still pretty bad, and for the rush hour commute in the evening its pretty bad as well. The highways are no better. You either get stuck behind someone doing 30 in a 75 zone, or are doing 100 just so you dont get ran over. Florida at it's best.
DropTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #22
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

Don't forget the people that put on their turn signal for a fraction of a second, and then proceed to veer across eight lanes of traffic onto an exit ramp and act like it's your fault they just almost took down three cars and a truck.
Lol. Had that happen to me before. Here in the Tampa bay region they have mad exits. I kid you not, they have like 6 exits within half a mile lol. One will go left, one will go right, the other will veer left or right, and during this whole time, people cut across like 4 lanes of taffic without turn signals, just so they don't miss their exit. It's pretty hectic. I also forgot to mention how the street signs here are set just right so in the morning, mid day, or at night the sun hits them so you can't see the name of the street. I also love how you may get directions, and it says to turn at North Tampa, but on the sign all you see is Tampa....
DropTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #23
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Badly
MikesZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #24
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
Kentucky drivers are okay where I am, except for a few things.

When you see a cop, you don't need to slam on your brakes and cause accidents, even when it's got someone pulled over or if it's on the other side of the highway...

You don't need to stop to merge on the highway, just go already!

If you don't want to turn right, gtfo of the right turn only lane!

Now Ohio drivers are just terrible overall so I won't even go into detail about them...
TahoeCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #25
TahoeCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

This is all over KY too... they do it when theyre just cruising too, even if they know it does them no good
Old 08-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #26
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Fayetteville NC. 1 word retarded. on top of bad drivers, i have never EVER seen so many cars that the rims on them are actually worth more than the car itself. We actually have a shop that rents 22" rims or bigger. RENTS them. so stupid. Its called rent & roll. It actually scares me owning my SS in this town.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #27
TahoeCamaro

That occurs alot in Covington, KY...
Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #28
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Does this happen alot in KY?
Attached Images