Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 11-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #15
rjcamaro
312 HP

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
In all fairness, the Camaro does make a decent winter car with the right tires. However you made a fine choice! I dig the new Cadillac. If I couldn't have a Chevy, I'd have a Cadillac of sorts.

Love that interior. If you don't mind me asking, what was the price out the door for the Caddy?
Sticker was $53K as this was loaded. They start in the mid $30's. I leased this one for $97 a month.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #16
rjcamaro
312 HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
Those are nice,I was looking at one recently thinking about trading my wifes car but the rear seat has no more room than what we have(2kids)already so I'll wait and order a 13 1LE around march or april for myself.What is the ride on the lift looks like a Camaro?
Actually if you are comparing the rear seat room with the Camaro this car has more. What's interesting the Caddy is actually smaller in overall size than the Camaro. It's only taller than the Camaro. But it feels much bigger inside.

The car on the lift was my son's Nissan Sentra that we just sold this weekend.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #17
rjcamaro
312 HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
How do you like the ATS? I'm currently looking at the CTS and the ATS for my other car. Those are kind of pushing the limits of my limit, but if I can grab a great deal I might pounce on it.

The other cars are a Ford Fusion, and Subaru Legacy. I should note that I'm in the market for an AWD car.
I love the ATS, on paper it's actually faster than the V6 Camaro from 0-60 as it's much lighter around 3400 lbs. Other than more back seat room the ATS to me is better than the CTS. Also the ATS offers a 2.0 Turbo AWD with 272hp which mine has so you get good gas mileage with it. I was getting deals at invoice and below. Sorry not a Ford guy.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
I am SO GLAD my other half has a Camaro and understands .... (and also, he has NO SAY in what I drive anyway )

But still :( to see another go
Old 11-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #19
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcamaro View Post
I love the ATS, on paper it's actually faster than the V6 Camaro from 0-60 as it's much lighter around 3400 lbs. Other than more back seat room the ATS to me is better than the CTS. Also the ATS offers a 2.0 Turbo AWD with 272hp which mine has so you get good gas mileage with it. I was getting deals at invoice and below. Sorry not a Ford guy.
Well I'm currently not in the market to replace my Camaro, but rather have a secondary car (note winter) as my other one died. I'm surprised the ATS has more backseat room than the CTS as the CTS is considered to be a bigger car. I didn't get to sit in the ATS so I couldn't compare, but from what the dealer said it sounded like it would be more in line with the Camaro where no one would be able to sit behind me.

There seems to be some good deals on new 2012 (as in leftovers) CTS that I could snag a really good top of the line one for the same price as an ATS low end. However this is really more of a dream, and unless I can score a pretty good deal it won't happen.

As for the Ford Fusion, like I said I'm in the market to buy another car for some winter driving. I looked around to see what kind of AWD cars there are and there aren't that many. I'm not an SUV fan, so outside of a Wrangler (terrible gas mileage), Subaru, or Fusion there really isn't that much. I've test drove the Legacy, Imprezza, Fusion, and CTS so far.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
I am SO GLAD my other half has a Camaro and understands .... (and also, he has NO SAY in what I drive anyway )
I can only imagine what i'd say if my fiance said to get rid of it. Be another body in the merrimack river probably.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #21
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Oh ya and jus cause u don't have a camaro doesn't mean you can't come to shows with the caddy i'm sure i'd love to test your faster then the V6 Camaro theory in person

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 11-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #22
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post

But still :( to see another go
Me too, mine was in with for me to get it. She hates two door sportscars but loves the Camaro. That said your ATS looks the shizzle though, and I would not hesitate to get a Caddy if I could swing it, but I love the CTS-V.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
rjcamaro
312 HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Well I'm currently not in the market to replace my Camaro, but rather have a secondary car (note winter) as my other one died. I'm surprised the ATS has more backseat room than the CTS as the CTS is considered to be a bigger car. I didn't get to sit in the ATS so I couldn't compare, but from what the dealer said it sounded like it would be more in line with the Camaro where no one would be able to sit behind me.

There seems to be some good deals on new 2012 (as in leftovers) CTS that I could snag a really good top of the line one for the same price as an ATS low end. However this is really more of a dream, and unless I can score a pretty good deal it won't happen.

As for the Ford Fusion, like I said I'm in the market to buy another car for some winter driving. I looked around to see what kind of AWD cars there are and there aren't that many. I'm not an SUV fan, so outside of a Wrangler (terrible gas mileage), Subaru, or Fusion there really isn't that much. I've test drove the Legacy, Imprezza, Fusion, and CTS so far.

Oops sorry misunderstanding the CTS is bigger in the back seat than the ATS. You're right I think the ATS is going to bite into CTS sales mostly because of the 2.0 turbo that the ATS has but not the CTS so I think the deals will be coming. Keep an eye on some incentives from cadillac on CTS's.

The other SUV to look at is the new BMW X1 with the 2.0T. Go test drive the ATS I think you will be impressed.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #24
rjcamaro
312 HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDimond View Post
Oh ya and jus cause u don't have a camaro doesn't mean you can't come to shows with the caddy i'm sure i'd love to test your faster then the V6 Camaro theory in person
Thanks! I think? MacMulkin is only like a mile from my house. Of course I did say in theory based on what GM published for specs.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #25
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Maybe next season at drag night in salem?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #26
rjcamaro
312 HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDimond View Post
Maybe next season at drag night in salem?
Oh sure I can see it now, hey honey I'll be right back I'm going to the track with the caddy to race some camaros.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #27
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
if i was to go from camaro to cadillac...it would have to be CTS-V....going ATS is like going to the Malibu... lol

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
It's a shame to see another member go. But enjoy your new ride!