Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-03-2018, 10:03 AM   #29
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Frankly the miles on your engine? That's where you wonder the shape of the bores the rings, the lands, and know your stock Head gasket will blow eventually if you turn it up too high, your stock hypereutectic pistons are OK but you had better have a good conservative tune from a smart tuner or you could go south easily with a lean condition eating the rear pistons...….And then there is keeping it oiled well...…….the heat it creates, the, fuel requirements, etc etc.....

I built my N/A with forged for the future for strength but it can live its entire life strong and have no problems in the hundreds of thousands of miles But I know cammed I better change out the springs after 25k or more or risk ...valve float, spring breakage, engine trashed...And being a daily I cant have that...….And yes built I get crappy mileage in the city driving all the time..imagine it even worse with FI.....

Whatever you do the supporting mods is what you should look at; a better high volume pump , dog bone dampener if yours is even not broke already, etc.....and how about those trunnions..? A complete package is $$$$$$$$, so look at others mods; and add$ And yes I have about the power a zl1 has and torque stroked. And yes I use driven racing oil and understand being a old motor head the increased maintenance of hot rod engines/blowers etc...…...or then theres the guys who eventually post down the road hey only got so many miles from this pile of money what happened...……?????

Tags
5th gen, supercharged 2010 camaro