Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-04-2018, 05:36 PM   #29
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Guess I'm in the minority... This thing looks bad ass...

Attachment 966790
I agree! The front end looks as though it belongs on a commercial-grade truck, such as a 4500 or higher Silverado HD.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #30
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Supposedly this thing is freaking huge.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:23 PM   #31
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
GM does it again somehow they managed to design the ugliest truck I’ve ever seen in my life. They beat the Camaro with the ugly stick and now they beat down the Silverado. They’ll be closing more plants for sure. That new front end looks like an advertisement for cars with Down syndrome. If the Griswalls film a new vacation movie they have their ugly family truckster right off the lot. Lol
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:31 PM   #32
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
I like it!
Old 12-04-2018, 07:41 PM   #33
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
GM does it again somehow they managed to design the ugliest truck I’ve ever seen in my life. They beat the Camaro with the ugly stick and now they beat down the Silverado. They’ll be closing more plants for sure. That new front end looks like an advertisement for cars with Down syndrome. If the Griswalls film a new vacation movie they have their ugly family truckster right off the lot. Lol

There's always one.

"I think this car is ugly! GM is going to go out of business because I don't like this car!"
Old 12-04-2018, 08:49 PM   #34
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:

Attachment 966790
To be fair, the majority who are talking would not spend their money in a huge truck whose function is heavy work, it is not a Daily Driver which you would expect to brag it every time you go out there. This is a Big Ass MotherF ***** Heavy Duty Behemoth, and the people who are going to buy this vehicle do not compromise looks for practicality or functionality, or do they think that the Super Duty of Ford and Ram HD are beautys? No, they are beasts. I know what is the function of this truck for how it looks is as you say, Bad Ass.

It is healthy to try to look for beauty to everything that has wheels but these people go over the edge, at least in the future they will want a bus with the front end like a Ferrari or Bentley.
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #35
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:

Attachment 966790
I like it plus the LTZ and the High Country will look even better.
I see early '60's C series truck along with first gen Avalanche and Colorado in the front end design, Heritage.
Attached Images

Last edited by RLHMARINES; 12-04-2018 at 09:31 PM.
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #36
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
To be fair, the majority who are talking would not spend their money in a huge truck whose function is heavy work, it is not a Daily Driver which you would expect to brag it every time you go out there. This is a Big Ass MotherF ***** Heavy Duty Behemoth, and the people who are going to buy this vehicle do not compromise looks for practicality or functionality, or do they think that the Super Duty of Ford and Ram HD are beautys? No, they are beasts. I know what is the function of this truck for how it looks is as you say, Bad Ass.

It is healthy to try to look for beauty to everything that has wheels but these people go over the edge, at least in the future they will want a bus with the front end like a Ferrari or Bentley.
Ummmm I beg to differ sir. I have a 2018 F150 I'm looking at selling soon and replacing with either a trackhawk OR a new diesel. I had a 2012 f250 lariat 6.7 diesel with a lift and 37's I bought new bc in Texas it's what we drive lol. That thing was badass! The 2015-2018 hd Denali and high country are badass! The new f250's are wayyy badass. This damn monstrosity of a silverado is downright hideous and I will definitely not remotely consider it as a replacement for my f150 if I don't get a trackhawk.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:35 PM   #37
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Ummmm I beg to differ sir. I have a 2018 F150 I'm looking at selling soon and replacing with either a trackhawk OR a new diesel. I had a 2012 f250 lariat 6.7 diesel with a lift and 37's I bought new bc in Texas it's what we drive lol. That thing was badass! The 2015-2018 hd Denali and high country are badass! The new f250's are wayyy badass. This damn monstrosity of a silverado is downright hideous and I will definitely not remotely consider it as a replacement for my f150 if I don't get a trackhawk.
Did you use the F-150 to work? Or You would use the Trackhawk to work?
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:05 PM   #38
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I like it plus the LTZ and the High Country will look even better.
I see early '60's C series truck along with first gen Avalanche and Colorado in the front end design, Heritage.
But isn't this likely the high end version? I just assumed the model they showed would be a nicer trim.

If there are going to be other trims with different grille designs then I very much look forward to seeing them...and I think Chevrolet had better show them....quickly!
Old 12-05-2018, 12:14 AM   #39
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
But isn't this likely the high end version? I just assumed the model they showed would be a nicer trim.

If there are going to be other trims with different grille designs then I very much look forward to seeing them...and I think Chevrolet had better show them....quickly!

No. This is an LT Z71.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:31 AM   #40
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Did you use the F-150 to work? Or You would use the Trackhawk to work?
F150 was used very lightly just to say I have a truck and 4x4 for the rare occasional mudding. Trackhawk would 100% never ever see work what so ever. At most might pull a very light small trailer.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:09 AM   #41
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Have always been a GM guy but I gotta admit I like the exterior styling of Ford and Dodge offerings in the pickup arena by far right now. Current pickup is 2013 GMC 2500HD and yes I actually use it for its intended purpose and luv it. Interiors on the new ones are sweet but struggle to get past this front end unfortunately. And no it’s not going to grow on me over time. Maybe they can fix it before production just as I stated when I first saw the 19 SS refresh.

Last edited by Realist; 12-05-2018 at 06:24 AM.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:37 AM   #42
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
I like it!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote