Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 06-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #15
pbeyer2010

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Really? Why? Is your car legal? If there's no issues, it shouldn't be a big deal. I'm in mahopac, the place i go is right off the taconic pkwy, bryant pond rd exit.
its bone stock so no issues there. I have just gotten attitude before at several gas station garages because they don't know me and i am not a regular. Putting myself in their shoes (wrong or right) why would i want to take time out of my day to make $15 on an inspection if you are never going to let me change your muffler bearings or flux capacitor ....

hows the 5th gen scene in your neck of the woods ? i was actually over in Mohegan lake last week. Anyone doing cars and coffee over there ?
pbeyer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:53 PM   #16
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeyer2010 View Post
its bone stock so no issues there. I have just gotten attitude before at several gas station garages because they don't know me and i am not a regular. Putting myself in their shoes (wrong or right) why would i want to take time out of my day to make $15 on an inspection if you are never going to let me change your muffler bearings or flux capacitor ....

hows the 5th gen scene in your neck of the woods ? i was actually over in Mohegan lake last week. Anyone doing cars and coffee over there ?
I guess, but businesses should be willing to do it, you may be a new customer for them. You could also go to a dealer (as much as that sometimes sucks). I've never had any issues with it, just gotta catch them when they're not busy.

There's a camaro/firebird group that does a Tuesday night cruise at dunkin donuts in Yorktown (rt 202), and there's also a sunday morn cars & coffee there as well. Also wed night bear mtn car show is huge if you've never checked it out.