Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #15
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
I debated back and forth on black VS white when I.ordered my vert, nothing shines like black freshly waxed, bu nothing shows dirt either! Plus imo black hides the lines and details in the camaros design.sorry for your predicament, but glad to hear I made the right choice!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #16
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Quoted for 6-7k so ^#%} that I gusse I'm stuck with black..
There really insent anything better that a clean black car, it's just it only stays clean for about 31.45 seconds after it's washed I timed it

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #17
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTIE G. View Post
White shows scratches and dirt, just as much as black.. a scratch that just gets past the clear coat shows up as a black mark on white, not to mention that birds love the color white. Keep in mind you must keep a good coat of wax on white or as it ages it won't be summit white anymore. This is my second white car. My first was a 96 camaro and now the 2010. I can tell you that compared to my old car the new ones paint sucks. Too thin a layer of paint. The difference in tint is more obvious with white. ( I hope you know that there is a noticeable shadow on rear panels of camaros to give it a simulated depth look at a distance... Stand back and check out a white one ..like standing across the street from one...you will see it. It is not noticeable on black. Keep what you have...
I disagree. I have a 2004 white Sierra that has lived its entire life outside, finally washed it for the first time in 6 months last weekend haven't waxed it EVER. It looks great. My 3 month old black camaro already shows scratches. Oh well, the wife wanted Black..
Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #18
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
[QUOTE=ARTIE G.;2768902]White shows scratches and dirt, just as much as black..QUOTE]

NO IT DOES NOT... Have you ever owned a Black car? Beautiful when clean, but a nightmare to do so especially if you are a perfectionist and the car is not a gargage queen. White hides everything... including dirt for the most part.
newagemuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #19
Hawgredcamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2LT Camaro
Not sure if anyone else has ever tried this but, my last three cars before the Camaro were black and someone told me a few years ago to never use soap on black. The first time I tried it, it blew me away how much easier it was to get rid of all the spots when I washed it with water alone and skip the soap. Just thought I'd share.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Chr...14880961919019
Hawgredcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #20
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
White is so much easier to keep up than black!!! 7 out of my last 10 cars have been white. Your best bet would be trade for the color you want. You will take a loss but by the way you sound you really don't like your choice of going with black. Bite the bullet if you can afford it, it will make you happy!
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #21
cphelan
This is a nice car!!!

Drives: 11' Summit White RS/SS
Im extremely pleased with SW. Had contimplated black.....whew! Glad I went with SW.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
I had a black 99 Trans Am. NEVER AGAIN!
Metallic colors hide stuff great, so i got IOM.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #23
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
both white and black are pains to clean in there own ways....but if you are serious about wanting the summit white...my suggestion would be to do it right and trade the car for a summit white...for the price you are going to pay you are better off eating it in trade then painting a whole car....thats a ton of time and work..especially going from black to white...and it will never look factory...just my 2 cents...good luck
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #24
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I waited months to order my summit white SS as it was not initally available.
Nothing looks better in my opinion. Almost 2 years old and I've never had to wax it. It still looks like new with 9500 miles. The darker the color the worse to keep clean.
As far as repainting goes- big expense and big depreciation at trade in. No one wants a used repainted vehicle.
Attached Images

myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #25
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
White is so much easier to keep up than black!!! 7 out of my last 10 cars have been white. Your best bet would be trade for the color you want. You will take a loss but by the way you sound you really don't like your choice of going with black. Bite the bullet if you can afford it, it will make you happy!
I love the Blacked Out look, So i am very Happy with the Black, I just hate having a 4 month old car with Dings And rock Chips and scratches and everything else.. Plus the Picture of the White Vert with black Stripes in his Profile Picture..is really makeing me Want A SW Thats SICK.
Next Car in a few years.. Ither a Z06 Or another Camaro will be white or a bright color. Until then il just repaint the front bumper once a year and deal with it :( lol

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #26
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
i kinda have a similar lament. I think a white camaro with matt black wheels and tinted out windows would look badass. like a storm trooper.

but i agree. black shows....everything

Last edited by blackknight; 01-26-2011 at 12:56 PM.
blackknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #27
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
I'm so sick of finding new scratches and swirls and rock chips on my Black SS.
Not to mention every time i get near a puddle the car gets water spotted and dust just sticks to it.
I'm really contemplating Painting it white, When i bought it there was a matching white SS on the lot but i figured the black would look better with all the mods i was planing ( Plus all the other cars iv owned have been black ) But the more i see summit white the more i like it, Thinking just painting my car summit white with flat black stripes and flat black wheels..

Any one have any idea what it would cost to paint a full Camaro..
I feel your pain
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #28
Hawgredcamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I waited months to order my summit white SS as it was not initally available.
Nothing looks better in my opinion. Almost 2 years old and I've never had to wax it. It still looks like new with 9500 miles. The darker the color the worse to keep clean.
As far as repainting goes- big expense and big depreciation at trade in. No one wants a used repainted vehicle.
Two years old and already 9500 miles? You need to park that thing, you're driving it way to much...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Chr...14880961919019
Hawgredcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote