Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2019, 07:19 PM   #43
Codiath
brakes for squirrels

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
I wonder if this is why Chevy customer service abandoned the forum.
Codiath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:23 PM   #44
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
If you want to to pretend GM is a shiny, happy castle in some enchanted forest and cars are built by little GM gnomes, then you came to the wrong thread. Your perogative to click on another. To sweep the problems GM faces under the rug - and discount how it may affect CAMARO production and sales going forward, is fantasyland stuff. Politics at multi billion $ corporations in America is a fact of life. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:32 PM   #45
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by azulia View Post
Honestly, it’s beciase BMW are building in right to work states in the south and don’t have generations of people on pensions.
This^^^^^^^^^
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:11 PM   #46
Rob10CamaroSS

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Redline Phase 4
Im with a lot of peeps about not wanting to get deep into politics but...
(this is where i usually get myself in trouble, LOL...)

I honestly wouldn't care if my Camaro was made on Mars by little green penguins, it's just plan old Bad A$$ and I'd buy it again. I do however care about seeing EVERYONE'S job in EVERY Field dwindle away... It's not just the auto industry or any industry, it's every industry, and it's because of Greedy Corporate America and it's really that simple.

Blue collar workers are being replaced by robots & out sourcing, white collar workers are being replaced by technology & computers, local merchants are being replaced by orange or blue giants, malls & strip stores are being replaced by Amazon & Walmart, and Corporate America is cleaning up...

The World is going to ch!t
Old 02-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #47
67 to 91 to 13

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=StingrayblueSS;10428773][QUOTE=Vegas
Fyi your engine may have been assembled in mexico[/QUOTE]

Nope my window sticker stated otherwise
Old 02-04-2019, 09:21 PM   #48
DrLove38

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by azulia View Post
Let’s steer this back from politics. Posting and citing articles from Breitbart is barely more reliable than using your InfoWars source.
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/aut...-4-000-n966571

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.291348029eff

https://nypost.com/2019/02/01/gm-lay...ollar-workers/

She lost, get over it

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/busin...ffs/index.html
DrLove38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:23 PM   #49
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
If you want to to pretend GM is a shiny, happy castle in some enchanted forest and cars are built by little GM gnomes, then you came to the wrong thread. Your perogative to click on another. To sweep the problems GM faces under the rug - and discount how it may affect CAMARO production and sales going forward, is fantasyland stuff. Politics at multi billion $ corporations in America is a fact of life. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Uh huh... and if I wanted to get deep into this bullshit I would find a political forum to do it on. Sorry but car forums just aren’t the place for this stuff. Sure it may be related to GM but not in the way that this forum is supposed to be. I don’t see any posts in here about mods to anyone’s cars, I don’t see any answers to questions or problems related to 5th Gen Camaros that were built in Canada to begin with. No one ever said GM was perfect and it’s a shame that lots of people are loosing jobs over this. However I come to these forums to unwind from the constant storm of politically motivated crap that we all face constantly no matter what side of the isle, if any we associate. That being said I drove my Camaro Today and it was a blast as always.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:54 PM   #50
DrLove38

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Uh huh... and if I wanted to get deep into this bullshit I would find a political forum to do it on. Sorry but car forums just aren’t the place for this stuff. Sure it may be related to GM but not in the way that this forum is supposed to be. I don’t see any posts in here about mods to anyone’s cars, I don’t see any answers to questions or problems related to 5th Gen Camaros that were built in Canada to begin with. No one ever said GM was perfect and it’s a shame that lots of people are loosing jobs over this. However I come to these forums to unwind from the constant storm of politically motivated crap that we all face constantly no matter what side of the isle, if any we associate. That being said I drove my Camaro Today and it was a blast as always.
Camaro Lovers.
I am sorry I posted this in the wrong section.
Mods please move to general or whatever.
Or delete if needed.
I also did not intend for it to be a political subject.
I did see some that agree news like this is not good for any GM product.
I do not hate GM and will not be boycotting them.
I will not be selling my 5th Camaro any time soon.
DrLove38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:16 PM   #51
Codiath
brakes for squirrels

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
It's sad that people constantly have to censor themselves because somebody gets offended when the topic turns political. Yes, its a car forum but this is a relevant topic, even if it is somewhat political. Now if someone wanted to talk about abortion or something completely off topic I would understand not wanting to read about it on a car forum. I came here to learn more about my car and meet other enthusiasts/like minded people, but I'm not going to cry when somebody makes it political. If someone ever wants to talk politics feel free to PM me your argument and I will be glad to discuss it with you.
Codiath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:44 AM   #52
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
With the exception of a brief mention of Trump asking what he would think in post 2, I didn’t see anything political until post 10 and 11 which refer to right wing war on workers and bringing in politics into the convo when it wasn’t until that point. Both sides have let big business and Wall Street sell out the US worker.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:02 AM   #53
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
His entire point was, nobody forced you to click on this thread. If a topic doesn't tickle your fancy, move along.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #54
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I will freely admit that I too come here as a distraction to the cacaohony of political bickering. But in this climate - especially it it relates to corporations the size of GM, politics bleed over even into a car forum. There was another thread about CA exhaust laws. It turned political , as you might guess. But it was car/Camaro related as well. Sometimes the twain meet. Viva la Camaro!
Old 02-05-2019, 08:51 AM   #55
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob10CamaroSS View Post

Blue collar workers are being replaced by robots & out sourcing, white collar workers are being replaced by technology & computers, local merchants are being replaced by orange or blue giants, malls & strip stores are being replaced by Amazon & Walmart, and Corporate America is cleaning up...

The World is going to ch!t

Maybe blue collar workers need to get themselves cross trained on robot repair. Maybe white collar workers need to get themselves cross trained on technology & computers. Maybe local merchants, mall dwellers and strip stores need to get online and join larger marketplaces.

Workers and businesses need to evolve to survive.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:59 AM   #56
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Maybe blue collar workers need to get themselves cross trained on robot repair. Maybe white collar workers need to get themselves cross trained on technology & computers. Maybe local merchants, mall dwellers and strip stores need to get online and join larger marketplaces.

Workers and businesses need to evolve to survive.
The problem that a blue/white collar workers out of a job trying to get crossed trained is that being out of a job might mean money could be a problem to pay for those skills. Some employers offer community college courses for former employees to get retraining in alternative jobs but a vast majority don`t.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote