Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-10-2010, 02:22 AM   #29
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
must be stoned

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:00 AM   #30
TiffBiff
SNOT URS

Drives: '17 Krypton A10 ZL1 '14 Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Newbs always stick up for other newbs when they start a thread that has been asked a million times before. Look at it from the side of the guys that have been here a while. We're the ones that answered those same questions a million times before. If you're too lazy to look through 15 pages of threads to find your answer, then i'll be to lazy to spoon feed you. Information is abundant on this site and the search button should be worn out before you post a question. It frustrates the members that have been here for a while when someone asks what the best CAI is and there's 3-5 threads with the EXACT SAME TITLE on the current page.
And this kind of attitude is what will kill a board real quick... BTDT on 2 different boards about 2 different things.

After being flamed for posting a few stories here of my younger days and my '79 Z28 while waiting for my 2011 to arrive, I have decided to just read and not contribute as much as I would. So you may loose 'noobs' because they are afraid to join in.

Oh and let's say I do use the search feature and the particular question I want to know an answer to had been discussed but not quite answered what I wanted to know. And that thread is from 2009. Do I get flamed for bringing a thread back from the dead or get flamed for asking my question after it has been 'answered many times before' and to 'use the search feature'?
01/15/11 3300 ___________________ 04/18/17 TPW ~ 5/15/17
01/18/11 3400 TPW ~ 1/24/11 ______ 05/01/17 3100
01/27/11 4B00 ~ VIN#55960 _______ 05/03/17 3300
02/28/11 4B00 ___________________ 05/05/17 3400
03/14/11 Bought VIN#65770 ________ 05/16/17 3800 ~ VIN#209129
05/03/11 VIN#55960 delivered
______ 05/18/17 delivered
TiffBiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #31
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
Hmmm. Let's see. This is a Camaro enthusiast website. You posted a thread having something to do with the Camaro. And the only responses some people can come up with, is that it is too long, too boring or that you have too much time on your hands. Well sir, I would like to thank you for posting this. It was a refreshing change to read something from someone who seems articulate, can spell and doesn't use the word "like" every other word.

I realize that I have only been a member for 7 months, but I just don't quite understand the reasoning behind blasting other members for posting something that, they themselves may not find interesting. If this had been a thread about some damn exhaust system, would the OP had gotten the same response??

This is the reason that a lot of people on this website will not post a thread.

Oh and my favorite; If someone post's a thread asking a question that has been asked a million time before, the "friendly" response is someone blasting the OP about using the search feature....Have you really looked into using the search feature? You get 15 pages of crap that does not pertain to the question that has been asked. Why the hell not just answer the damn question and be on your way to read "a more interesting thread".

The members on C5 are by and large a great group of friendly, helpful people, but damn.......Does it give you some sort of feeling of self gratification to blast other members for having the courage to post a thread????

Thanks OP for your thread and now that my caffeine deprived, work induced rant is over, I agree with you!!
+ a Million

Quote:
Newbs always stick up for other newbs when they start a thread that has been asked a million times before. Look at it from the side of the guys that have been here a while. We're the ones that answered those same questions a million times before. If you're too lazy to look through 15 pages of threads to find your answer, then i'll be to lazy to spoon feed you. Information is abundant on this site and the search button should be worn out before you post a question. It frustrates the members that have been here for a while when someone asks what the best CAI is and there's 3-5 threads with the EXACT SAME TITLE on the current page.

As for the OP's post, i'm with several others here and lost interest in the first couple lines. Who really cares that the passenger doesn't have anything to do. Isn't that what Iphones and Droids are for? In my personal experience, they have plenty to do in my car. It's called HOLDING THE HELL ON. I'll also let them peruse the 800+ songs on my Ipod via the stereo. BTW: my 6yo turns on "Papercut" every afternoon when I pick him up. His mother, my wife, won't let him listen to "let the bodies hit the floor" anymore. The point of the matter is that this is A CAR, not a amusement park. GM made this car for THE DRIVER. If I want a amusement park in my car, i'd sit in the back of the wife's suburban and watch DVDs.
No way ?, Is this Newbie hating ?"Just asking ?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffBiff View Post
And this kind of attitude is what will kill a board real quick... BTDT on 2 different boards about 2 different things.

After being flamed for posting a few stories here of my younger days and my '79 Z28 while waiting for my 2011 to arrive, I have decided to just read and not contribute as much as I would. So you may loose 'noobs' because they are afraid to join in.

Oh and let's say I do use the search feature and the particular question I want to know an answer to had been discussed but not quite answered what I wanted to know. And that thread is from 2009. Do I get flamed for bringing a thread back from the dead or get flamed for asking my question after it has been 'answered many times before' and to 'use the search feature'?
+

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:17 AM   #32
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
You want to know why people complain about it? I'll tell you. It's because the car is low and the belt line is high and the passenger seat is non height adjustable. Taking all that into account you have a large majority of short people staring at a dash that in other cars would be where the windshield is. Since they aren't looking out the window all they see is dash and thats what they notice. Had the seat been adjustable I guaranty most of this complaining would never had appeared.
While I would like for the passenger seat to have been like the driver's, I'm 5'4" and I can see out of the windshield fine in the passenger seat. I've never understood what people wanted to be there that isn't. The Camaro logo, maybe? Would staring at the logo be that much more interesting? DJ for cryin' out loud.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #33
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
In conclusion, I'm personally convinced this is why people complain. They are greedy, envious, attention seeking people who want to be a part of something fun that they have never experienced before.

Let me know your thoughts and how crazy or sane you think I am.
So if someone is short and can't see over the dash which causes them to complain, they are "... greedy, envious, attention seeking..." ?

I'm all for having people not complain (if you complain about riding in my car, don't complain or don't ride in my car - that simple) but these assumptions are way off.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #34
Oneday

Drives: 2010 2LT RS / Chrysler 300c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
Hmmm. Let's see. This is a Camaro enthusiast website. You posted a thread having something to do with the Camaro. And the only responses some people can come up with, is that it is too long, too boring or that you have too much time on your hands. Well sir, I would like to thank you for posting this. It was a refreshing change to read something from someone who seems articulate, can spell and doesn't use the word "like" every other word.

I realize that I have only been a member for 7 months, but I just don't quite understand the reasoning behind blasting other members for posting something that, they themselves may not find interesting. If this had been a thread about some damn exhaust system, would the OP had gotten the same response??

This is the reason that a lot of people on this website will not post a thread.

Oh and my favorite; If someone post's a thread asking a question that has been asked a million time before, the "friendly" response is someone blasting the OP about using the search feature....Have you really looked into using the search feature? You get 15 pages of crap that does not pertain to the question that has been asked. Why the hell not just answer the damn question and be on your way to read "a more interesting thread".

The members on C5 are by and large a great group of friendly, helpful people, but damn.......Does it give you some sort of feeling of self gratification to blast other members for having the courage to post a thread????

Thanks OP for your thread and now that my caffeine deprived, work induced rant is over, I agree with you!!
Oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #35
71cam

Drives: 71cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
There is plenty to do in the passengers seat! Maybe she is giving you the hint. Ask her if she would like to see the headliner, the console, or look out the back window !
71cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #36
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
If they`re bored give them one of these or walk.

Last edited by mickss; 04-18-2011 at 07:56 AM.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #37
custompainter
Retired and diggin it!

Drives: 2011 camaro ss/rs
The only complaint ive had about the passenger side of the dash is: "You need a grab handle or something there to hang on to ya crazy bast**d!!
custompainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #38
BamaCommando
Roll Tide Roll!

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black
Quote:
Newbs always stick up for other newbs when they start a thread that has been asked a million times before.
From my pespective, you are the newb. And you haven't learned how to act yet.

Order number NGCC3D
1100 (Preliminary order accepted): 12/19/08
3000 (Order accepted by production control): 6/30/09
3100 (Order available to sequence):?
3300 (Order scheduled for production):?
3400 (Order broadcast):7/20/09
3800 (Order produced):7/28/09
4200 (shipped):7/30/09
HOME 8/12/09
The slowest 7 months and 3 weeks in history.
BamaCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #39
TwoEcho
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-Imperial Blue
Maybe I have been under a rock, but I have not seen many (or any, for that matter) complaints about the passenger side dash. You say this is the number 1 complaint? I have seen complaints about the passenger seat itself, but none about the dash. Besides, if passengers are gonna constantly complain about anything on my Camaro, they will quickly find that they are no longer welcome as passengers...

TwoEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #40
Jayson9

Drives: 2SS
Here's a little eye candy if they need something to look at - to help. When I debadge the rear deck, I took the SS emblem and had it painted to match the RJT color and then stuck it to the dash.
Attached Images

Jayson9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #41
DrJohn

Drives: 2010 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
I'm glad the OP took the time to post.. But to be honest with you I have the most fun with my car when I'm the only one in it.. My wife is 5'6" and she sees out the windows just fine.. How short do you have to be before you can't see out the windows?
My wife is 5'0" (no she's not Asian :P ) and all you can see from the passenger side when the window is down is her eyes and the top of her head. When the window is up people think I'm alone cause the tint is dark enough to hide her. LMAO. She would definitley like a power seat that raises her high enough to see over the dash.

BTW ... I think maybe it might not be a good idea to have anything on the dash in front of the passenger. In case of an airbag deployment they might have whatever is there in the face (or an SS badge indentation on the forehead. . Just sayin'

Mods after purchase:

OEM Spoiler
GFX Body kit
Magnaflow CAT Back
Airaid CAI
35% Tint
3M Clear Bra
Console Gauge Cluster
DrJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #42
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
you might want to read all of this one

my wife once said something to the effect that she wanted the seat to go up to see more of the outside world..... and my reply was she could sit on my lap while i drive

then she also at a different time that she needed something to do ...... and my reply was she could lean her head over to my lap to "look at the gauges" (you know my intentions)

I have however came to the conclusion that, do you remember that when you first drove your camaro it was like looking out a tank (small window visabilty)? i believe that is the effect that they are haveing, it is not that the seat is to low or that the door/dash is to high it is just they are not as use to the lack of visabilty that an every day camaro driver is use to.

as far as entertainment i have a orange plastic strip going across my dash witch is more than most cars, and if you need more than that then just put your head in my lap and tell me all your sorrows.

my boy once asked why the door was so high i told him it was because everything goes by so fast its to keep him from getting sick (motion sickness)
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote