Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #7127
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I was bone stock last year and I had a blast no one looked down on me.so stop being a.lityle baby and just stop by!
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #7128
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
speaking of tint.. I just called a shop I've worked with in the past down in augusta about having mine done. they said $176?? Isn't that on the cheap side? I don't want them to use cheap product.

I just know from car shows in the past when I've done, its been annoying that among all the REAL cars there's some guy with a totally stock car sitting beside it like he belongs among all the supermodified and classics. Anyone with a fat enough wallet can buy a car from a dealership.

I don't wanna be THAT guy.
http://www.formulaone.com/en/Default.aspx

This should give you an idea about tint. I got 35% ceramic, myself.

You seem to be stuck in the "car show" mind of these events. Forget about that, and put yourself in the mind of meeting new people with similar interests. It just so happens that our common interest is cars. No one is going to judge you, or even your car, unless you choose to have your car judged. We have chosen this FBody day as a day for a vast amount of us to get toghether and talk about cars, drink a little liquor, play a little corn hole, eat some food, poke a little fun of each other, etc. You have been very well invited, so we hope you can get over the stock car thing and make it out.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #7129
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
The shop uses 3M. A friend of mine got her G8 done there. If you wear sunglasses in her car that are polarized it makes phosphorous colors out the side windows, it's quite trippy.

I would wait for when I have more money, but if I ever park outside (rare really.. parking garage at work, garage at home..) a dark colored car with black interior will get hot in a HURRY. Tint will help a lot. Plus summer's coming.. aaand it just looks cool.

Just asked em.. they use this one:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...omotive_Films/

its polyester, it's not ceramic.

Should I go somewhere else?

Edit: yea, I'm going somewhere else.

I'm not running crappy purple tint.

Called these guys:
http://www.customsuncontrol.com/Automotive.aspx

formulaone pinnacle tint $350+tax.

I'm not ready to spend that much. Hafta be next month or the month after to drop that much on window tint.

Last edited by DarkFox1; 05-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #7130
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
speaking of tint.. I just called a shop I've worked with in the past down in augusta about having mine done. they said $176?? Isn't that on the cheap side? I don't want them to use cheap product.

I just know from car shows in the past when I've done, its been annoying that among all the REAL cars there's some guy with a totally stock car sitting beside it like he belongs among all the supermodified and classics. Anyone with a fat enough wallet can buy a car from a dealership.

I don't wanna be THAT guy.
Just park next to my '91 bone stock RS (if it makes it there ).

It's the fellowship that makes it a blast. The cars are just the catylist.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #7131
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
The shop uses 3M. A friend of mine got her G8 done there. If you wear sunglasses in her car that are polarized it makes phosphorous colors out the side windows, it's quite trippy.

I would wait for when I have more money, but if I ever park outside (rare really.. parking garage at work, garage at home..) a dark colored car with black interior will get hot in a HURRY. Tint will help a lot. Plus summer's coming.. aaand it just looks cool.

Just asked em.. they use this one:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...omotive_Films/

its polyester, it's not ceramic.

Should I go somewhere else?

Edit: yea, I'm going somewhere else.

I'm not running crappy purple tint.

Called these guys:
http://www.customsuncontrol.com/Automotive.aspx

formulaone pinnacle tint $350+tax.

I'm not ready to spend that much. Hafta be next month or the month after to drop that much on window tint.
Don't know if Xpel makes tint, that's what I have for my paint protection for the front end, mirror and gills. That's supposed to be a good product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Just park next to my '91 bone stock RS (if it makes it there ).

It's the fellowship that makes it a blast. The cars are just the catylist.
We're not there for the show, but it's a nice distraction. We're there for the fellowship and fun. We got to know each other well, and just hung out and got some group mods at the same time

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #7132
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Yeah, I fail miserably at "showing" a car. Grass in the rear floormats, everything still in the trunk, engine pulleys dirty. I had to give the judge a "Really dude?" look over some of that crap.

But the beer was cold so all was well
Old 05-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #7133
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Website in my avatar

www.fbodygathering.com
Just what I needed.
Thanks Mr. G !
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #7134
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53007 View Post
I was bone stock last year and I had a blast no one looked down on me.so stop being a.lityle baby and just stop by!
There's ya some tuff love
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #7135
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
its a combination of being totally socially inept, and being really.. really.. lazy.

I've lived here in ATL for about 6 years now, haven't made any friends. Figured this car club thing might help.
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #7136
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
6 more days, 3 more finals, and I'll be back next friday for the entire summer!

Ready to get to work making $$$ for more mods!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #7137
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
its a combination of being totally socially inept, and being really.. really.. lazy.

I've lived here in ATL for about 6 years now, haven't made any friends. Figured this car club thing might help.
In order for this car club to help you have to show up to meets/ cruise in and talk to people bud
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #7138
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:

Na I don't think I'll be going to the Fbody fest. There's apparently entry fees n stuff, no one wants to look at a stock camaro.

Edit: You've got to go to an event.......

Last edited by CamaroKid300; 05-04-2012 at 09:36 PM.
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #7139
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
James, I'm about to pay for your tint just so you don't have to worry about being stock.

Haha for real man, I'll give you a set of those HID DRLs I was talking about. Consider it as a welcome gift from the club as a whole! And it'll be your first mod so you won't have to worry about "being stock" anymore, haha.

And you should have seen when I showed up at my first ACE5 meet. I believe it was Joe, Franscisco, JT, Ken, Adam, and a few other people. Joe showed up in his shiny IOM Callaway, polished to perfection. My camaro was DISGUSTING. It was literally caked with dust and dirt and it was stuck on there from rain spots. I hadn't had time to wash it since getting back from school, so it had gone a good month or so without a wash. Seriously, made my camaro look disgusting. Not to mention everybody there had a good 10 years on me in age, so I was ready to feel intimidated.

But when I showed up it was great! Everybody introduced themselves, complimented my stock camaro (and everyone was sitting there with dozens of mods on their camaros!). It was a great feeling to finally find that club where everybody shares your passion. We checked out the local Chevy dealership and went to grab a bite to eat. Good clean fun, talked cars and everything else (including Ken's announcement of his newly purchased bed ).

All I'm saying is, your stock camaro is awesome, no matter what people say, or what you think when you see a modified camaro. I'm sure you were like me, you spent the nights after you got it sitting in it in the garage messing around with stuff on it.

Now you need to come out and join us!!! You'll get good advice on what mods to do too!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #7140
Brolik10
BLOWN!!!

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep