Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 08-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #8583
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Old 08-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #8584
dirishboy
as in Irish European

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Nice! Does Ken always eat Pizza in such an insulting fashion?

So how many Camaros do they estimate?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #8585
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Hi all - Just chilling out and wanted to say a thanks to my Camaro Family. We had lots of fun hanging out, going to dinner, watching each other show off our cars and drive. I wish I could remember all the cool things that happened!

Thanks to the Thursday caravan for being patient and hanging out. We ended up with 20 cars from Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana........is that all?

Thanks to my ACE5 family for keeping up for me and inviting me to dinner, taking care of my chairs, cooler, cornhole boards etc Watching me autocross and go down the drag strip, admiring my new mods, carrying my stuff (yeah I overpacked)

We even adopted a Kentucky couple, Joe and Pat..........

I'll post a couple of pictures
Attached Images

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words

Last edited by dianeokie; 08-05-2012 at 06:54 PM.
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #8586
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

It's over! I just made it home, now I'm trying to stay awake for a little while longer so I don't wake up wide awake at 4 AM.

Thanks to you all for the good times, good food, and most importantly great people. I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirishboy View Post

So how many Camaros do they estimate?
I'm not sure if he does or not!

On Friday there were 7xx spectators and high 100s, low 200s people racing.

There were a bunch to say the least.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #8587
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Had a great time with everyone. Had a blast at the AutoX, just wish I signed up for both days, cause I needed more. Learned a lot about our ACE5 members, and to be perfectly honest it would be better not have learned most of it!

Shane, Gina/Pat, Dan, Dex, Scott, and Jim should also be home by now. Shane, Gina/Pat, Dan, Jim, and I stopped at the Corvette Museum, so it took a little longer to get back.

I would post pictures, but I didn't take any.

Hope eveyone posts that they got home ok.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #8588
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Had a great time with everyone. Had a blast at the AutoX, just wish I signed up for both days, cause I needed more. Learned a lot about our ACE5 members, and to be perfectly honest it would be better not have learned most of it!

Shane, Gina/Pat, Dan, Dex, Scott, and Jim should also be home by now. Shane, Gina/Pat, Dan, Jim, and I stopped at the Corvette Museum, so it took a little longer to get back.

I would post pictures, but I didn't take any.

Hope eveyone posts that they got home ok.
First time I have spend a lot of time around you David...and you're a hoot.

Just next time be careful about how you talk about other peoples "undercarriages."
Old 08-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #8589
Skidpuppy
ACE5

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
I had a great time also. I should've joined you guys at the corvette museum.. I was home by about 3:45. The worst traffic of the day was 85 north... Felt like rush hour.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #8590
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Well guys I didn't make it home yet I stayed in tn too long and didn't have time to go home and come back so I just went ahead and went to work so home will have to wait till the morning. I had a great time thanks for putting up with me can't wait for the next event!
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #8591
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Alright, here goes:

J.T.: YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!

Ken: I'm sure you've learned to roll your windows up more often now. Hope work isn't too bad and enjoy driving that beast of a machine. Glad to hear it's running better and cooler. Also, I hope you enjoyed your tiny beer shots.

David: Thanks for the advice on the Adam's products and the ride to and from the restaurant. I want a cam now more than ever! Wish I had seen you run on the autocross! Also, you made my night when you interrogated Alex about his girlfriend(s) back home.

D'Shante: I forgot how damn good your car sounds with the cam/SC combo. I'm glad I made those people move to allow you to park so I could hear it. And nice seeing you run down the dragstrip. Also, you know now to check whether you're buying Corona or sissy Corona. Call them coronitas if you want, they're sissy coronas. But that Hennessy you brought proved you didn't buy the sissy corona's on purpose. That's some strong stuff!

Scott: I'll be purchasing a roll of tape from Autozone in the next 24 hours. With literally thousands of dollars in advertising and vendors showing off products, the first (and really only) mod I want to do is mess around with flat black pinstriping, thanks to you. Also, you carry way too much duct tape, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Oh and I'm glad your username doesn't come from you running over a puppy. That would be bad...

John: Thanks for the talk. I'm glad I finally got to hear the cornhole story. Makes sense now. But I'll leave it to you to keep calling him cornhole. Oh and the further education on your definition of redneck is invaluable.
But I really do appreciate the talk. Puts things into perspective.

Shane: "I AM DEFINITELY NOT MARRIED". Yeah that's the damn truth. We all know now that if we want you to giggle like a school girl, we should hand you keys to something with ~500-600 horsepower. Also, thank you for teaching me about my peripherals. Good tips.

Diane: Did you happen to do the autocross course in reverse? That would make that Lingenfelter guy look like nothing. And your cornhole boards were invaluable. I know everyone knew we were the Georgia club when they saw us playing cornhole in the parking lot.

Dexter: Yet again I see how you can make a good time out of any situation. I'm sure you and Dan enjoyed your "speckled trout" (as David put it) at Red Robin. I hope you can clean JT's snot off the headliner of your camaro, cause I know you worked really hard shampooing it in the first place.

Chris: Hate that I didn't get to talk to you much until the last night. Was great to swap stories about school. And I'm glad you could educate me on the punch top can, although it's probably one of the easiest things and I should have known how to do it in the first place.

Joe: Holy crap. My mind is blown. Literally everything I ever thought about LED lights on a car changed when you unveiled. From a 2 minute show in a 120 degree trailer, to endless hours of the night in the parking lot, I was entranced by your latest technology. I really hope to be able to use your products in my camaro. The only lighting technology I want to come near my camaro is yours. Also, glad to see the convertible didn't melt when it got wet, I was worried it might....

Jim: Did you enjoy your milk and cookies? We all know you should have won the lighting competition. AAC controls their lights with outdated TV remotes. Joe stepped it up with iphone apps. But I gotta admit the fact that you use mind control to adjust your LEDs is pretty darn cool. It was nice to see you running on the dragstrip!

Gina/Pat: My rear bowtie will be gone shortly. After an hour or so of driving and staring at the back of your camaro on the trip up, I'm definitely doing a bowtie delete. Hopefully it's just sticky tape on there. Oh and good job on the dragstrip!

Joe/Pat: "doo-doo Joe", it was great meeting you and talking about old school muscle cars. Also appreciate your advice on the cover and drying towels, I'll be looking into that! Best of luck to you finding a coupe to drive in addition to that convertible! And Pat, I'm glad you remember our names so easily. Probably the first person to remember everyone's name that was there. Takes me months... Hope to see you both soon!

Dan: "Right on". Couldn't put it better myself. Probably the two most significant and meaningful words of the entire trip. I'm glad I can always depend on you to stay out 'till absurd hours of the night to hang out. And I'm glad you caught on to running the Ice machines dry like JT and I did while everyone else paid for ice. Like I said, if you need any help at all with moving, let me know and I'll be happy to help out!

Norm: Thanks for enduring my painful lack of knowledge in suspension components. I didn't know much until you better highlighted the changes of 2012, and now if makes 100% sense. And I'm glad to hear you have more fun in your V6 on that training course than the rest of us do anywhere. If it was any sign, the tire wear on the outside edge of your tires was it.

Alright who did I forget?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #8592
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
Sounds like you guys had a blast. Wish I could have made it. Maybe one day I will get my car back lol.
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #8593
dodojoe

Drives: 2011 SS RS Camaro Convertible-VR
First, let me say "thanks" to all of you guys that allowed us to join in with your group. You all are a great group of individuals to hang with. Pat and I enjoyed every moment, including dinner, parking lot chatter, etc. Hope I didnt hurt any feelings with my comments, especially Dexter about his tinted lights and Ken about your reverse gear location! Im contacting gm this morning to see if they will relocate reverse or if there is a way to put the tranmission in backwards so that reverse will be over where u want it, haha. Anyway, I really enjoyed each one of u guys. Got to get off of here and go get my "undercarriage" taken care of! Oh, man it is good to be back home and my "toilet paper" dont like that thin stuff! Dont forget us ky folks!
dodojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #8594
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Thanks everyone for the great time. My family and my parents all had a great time and can't believe it is finally over. We tried to leave about 5:30am, but that was when the storm hit Sunday morning. We ended up leaving close to 6:30, and got home about 4:30. I crashed on the couch and then woke up and went to bed. Slept until 7am...which I haven't done in many years. Getting ready to unload the car and clean it back up, then back to work tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #8595
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Alright, here goes:

J.T.: YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!

That's all you have to say about me.

whore.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #8596
Seawolf

Drives: Ordered:2SS HyperBlue/Ceramic White
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53007 View Post
Well guys I didn't make it home yet I stayed in tn too long and didn't have time to go home and come back so I just went ahead and went to work so home will have to wait till the morning. I had a great time thanks for putting up with me can't wait for the next event!
Thanks for letting me drive that monster, Ken. The best part was when that squirrel got sucked up into the turbo...j/k

Be careful in that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirishboy View Post
Having known Ken for 12 years I can tell you that everything about him is insulting. LOL I'm just teasin' ya man.

2/5/2016: Ordered -- '16 order never picked up...
4/28/2016: Ordered '17
5/3/2016: 2000.......5/31/2016: 3400
5/4/2016: 3000.......6/14/2016: 3800
5/9/2016: 3000.......6/15/2016: 4200
TPW 6/6/2016..........6/17/2016: 4300
5/25/2016: 3100......6/18/2016: 4200
5/28/2016: 3300......6/21/2016: 5000
..............6/22/2016: 6000..............
Seawolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep