Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2019, 04:07 PM   #1
@ReaperZL1
 
Drives: 2013 camaro zl1 aka the Reaper
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: North carolina
Posts: 237
lingenfelter lnc-2001

is anyone on here running lingenfelters lnc-2001 launch controller? would love to get some thoughts and reviews on people running them on their m6 zl1's
@ReaperZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
stratman2SSRS

 
stratman2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,108
Works great, took a while to figure out the CTAP though and get it set properly.
__________________
stratman2SSRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #3
@ReaperZL1
 
Drives: 2013 camaro zl1 aka the Reaper
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: North carolina
Posts: 237
lnc-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
Works great, took a while to figure out the CTAP though and get it set properly.
remind me again what CTAP again? I haven't had a chance to really look at the kit yet. it arrived right before I left for deployment
@ReaperZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
stratman2SSRS

 
stratman2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,108
Clutch Activation switch. You connect it to the clutch to act as the switch to turn the Launch Controller on and off.
You will want to get one of those.
https://www.lingenfelter.com/product/L460190108.html
__________________
stratman2SSRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #5
@ReaperZL1
 
Drives: 2013 camaro zl1 aka the Reaper
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: North carolina
Posts: 237
ctap

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
Clutch Activation switch. You connect it to the clutch to act as the switch to turn the Launch Controller on and off.
You will want to get one of those.
https://www.lingenfelter.com/product/L460190108.html

so is it always on everytime you push on the clutch? or do you have like a on off switch to turn it off during normal driving.
@ReaperZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:37 AM   #6
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd
 
Badbubba's Avatar
 
Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ReaperZL1 View Post
so is it always on everytime you push on the clutch? or do you have like a on off switch to turn it off during normal driving.
Depends how you wire the circuit for the ctap. I have a momentary pushbutton that will latch the ctap for a 1 time operation. While at a stop, push the clutch pedal down. Then press the momentary pushbutton, this applies power to the ctap. I then use the +12 volt output from the ctap to seal the circuit and trigger the lnc2000 for rpm control. Releasing the clutch pedal will turn off the output from the ctap, dropping the output to the lnc2000 and power to the ctap. Thus a 1 time operation.
__________________
N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank, progressive, fuel hose upgrade, remote opener, heater, console switches), LNC2000, CTAP, ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers, Jet Hot coated LTs, JRE SCT Tune, CAI, Scoop, Rx Catch Can, Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res, Metco loop, Momentum Tunnel Brace, TSW Nurb 18" 555 & 555R, Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods, Autometer WB, Fesler Pillar Pod, LED strips (int), Lloyds floor & trunk mats, LED DRL/front turn & license plate, DRL harness, VLEDs tail lights, Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:09 PM   #7
@ReaperZL1
 
Drives: 2013 camaro zl1 aka the Reaper
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: North carolina
Posts: 237
drawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
Depends how you wire the circuit for the ctap. I have a momentary pushbutton that will latch the ctap for a 1 time operation. While at a stop, push the clutch pedal down. Then press the momentary pushbutton, this applies power to the ctap. I then use the +12 volt output from the ctap to seal the circuit and trigger the lnc2000 for rpm control. Releasing the clutch pedal will turn off the output from the ctap, dropping the output to the lnc2000 and power to the ctap. Thus a 1 time operation.

you by chance have a wiring diagram of the way you ran it. im still learning with wiring and trying to do as much as i can myself. you have a link to the switch you used? i like the way you have yours setup
@ReaperZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:49 PM   #8
stratman2SSRS

 
stratman2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,108
If you go to Lingenfelter's website they have install instructions and wiring diagrams.
With the CTAP you set where in the travel of the clutch pedal that the launch controller turns off and on.
Only used for drag racing.
And before I leave the track I reset the launch control to a higher rpm so it doesn't come on.
__________________

Last edited by stratman2SSRS; 02-04-2019 at 04:05 PM.
stratman2SSRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:51 PM   #9
str8wick3d
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 115
If you go the CTAP route which is the only CORRECT way to install a 2step on these cars then be prepared to fight the clutch switch connector. Many people will tell you to get under the dash and practice on the gas pedal connector. After getting frustrated with it from crawling in and out the car 10 times I found that what worked for me is to just open your door all the way and kneel on the ground facing the door. I was then able to stick my arm all the way up in the dash and grab the connector and just pulled it off. Hope this helps.
str8wick3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:29 AM   #10
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd
 
Badbubba's Avatar
 
Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ReaperZL1 View Post
you by chance have a wiring diagram of the way you ran it. im still learning with wiring and trying to do as much as i can myself. you have a link to the switch you used? i like the way you have yours setup
Will feed the LNC2001 instead of the LNC2000.
Attached Images
 
__________________
N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank, progressive, fuel hose upgrade, remote opener, heater, console switches), LNC2000, CTAP, ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers, Jet Hot coated LTs, JRE SCT Tune, CAI, Scoop, Rx Catch Can, Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res, Metco loop, Momentum Tunnel Brace, TSW Nurb 18" 555 & 555R, Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods, Autometer WB, Fesler Pillar Pod, LED strips (int), Lloyds floor & trunk mats, LED DRL/front turn & license plate, DRL harness, VLEDs tail lights, Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock

Last edited by Badbubba; 02-05-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:41 AM   #11
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd
 
Badbubba's Avatar
 
Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 894
Attempted to install the wire harness adapter and had no luck. Spliced into the yellow wire from the cpp sensor, center wire on the plug. Small taped bundle by the OBDII connector. The momentary pb I used is just a small pb that came with a set of led strip lights for testing the leds. It was small, convenient and fit a hole already under the dash. But any momentary pb will work.
Attached Images
 
__________________
N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank, progressive, fuel hose upgrade, remote opener, heater, console switches), LNC2000, CTAP, ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers, Jet Hot coated LTs, JRE SCT Tune, CAI, Scoop, Rx Catch Can, Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res, Metco loop, Momentum Tunnel Brace, TSW Nurb 18" 555 & 555R, Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods, Autometer WB, Fesler Pillar Pod, LED strips (int), Lloyds floor & trunk mats, LED DRL/front turn & license plate, DRL harness, VLEDs tail lights, Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:44 AM   #12
str8wick3d
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
Attempted to install the wire harness adapter and had no luck. Spliced into the yellow wire from the cpp sensor, center wire on the plug. Small taped bundle by the OBDII connector. The momentary pb I used is just a small pb that came with a set of led strip lights for testing the leds. It was small, convenient and fit a hole already under the dash. But any momentary pb will work.
It's not that hard to install it if you try my method. Now you got an extra step in your launch.
str8wick3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:14 AM   #13
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd
 
Badbubba's Avatar
 
Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8wick3d View Post
It's not that hard to install it if you try my method. Now you got an extra step in your launch.
Not sure how you just pulled it off. There's a locking clip, that prevents the pushing down of the plug release. Surprised you didn't damage something. By extra step, you mean having to push, not hold, the button to activate the "2 step" when the clutch pedal is depressed? With this wiring, it allows launch control to only be active 1 time. If you flat foot shift and your launch rpm is also your desired rpm for ffs, then wiring would be different. For me if I ffs, I don't want to be spraying in my window, depress the clutch pedal, have the rpm drop due to the CPP output to the LNC cutting spark, while still having the parameters met to continue to spray. Just a level of caution. I can have my master switch activated, heating the bottle, bring the rpm's up to do a burnout, arm the N2O if I want and then activate launch control at the line. Besides, you would still have a step of turning power on to the CPP after a burnout. Unless just doing water box burnouts, then launch rpm may be able to break the tires loose, just depends.
__________________
N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank, progressive, fuel hose upgrade, remote opener, heater, console switches), LNC2000, CTAP, ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers, Jet Hot coated LTs, JRE SCT Tune, CAI, Scoop, Rx Catch Can, Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res, Metco loop, Momentum Tunnel Brace, TSW Nurb 18" 555 & 555R, Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods, Autometer WB, Fesler Pillar Pod, LED strips (int), Lloyds floor & trunk mats, LED DRL/front turn & license plate, DRL harness, VLEDs tail lights, Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:39 AM   #14
str8wick3d
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
Not sure how you just pulled it off. There's a locking clip, that prevents the pushing down of the plug release. Surprised you didn't damage something. By extra step, you mean having to push, not hold, the button to activate the "2 step" when the clutch pedal is depressed? With this wiring, it allows launch control to only be active 1 time. If you flat foot shift and your launch rpm is also your desired rpm for ffs, then wiring would be different. For me if I ffs, I don't want to be spraying in my window, depress the clutch pedal, have the rpm drop due to the CPP output to the LNC cutting spark, while still having the parameters met to continue to spray. Just a level of caution. I can have my master switch activated, heating the bottle, bring the rpm's up to do a burnout, arm the N2O if I want and then activate launch control at the line. Besides, you would still have a step of turning power on to the CPP after a burnout. Unless just doing water box burnouts, then launch rpm may be able to break the tires loose, just depends.
I think I understand. I still think using the CTAP the proper way is the best way. I have a toggle switch that arms the 2 step but the 2step can only be activated when the clutch pedal is pushed in. The 2 step doesn't activate during gear change and wont active again unless rpms drop 1500 below the 2step set point, so no worries there.
str8wick3d is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.