Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
TrickracenLS3

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Help Needed - Power Loss, Low Idle, Stutters,

Hi guys, I am in need of some help. Just a few days ago I started having a issue of power loss and a low idle, then it started to really hesitate. So I unplugged the MAF and then it ran fine. So I suspected bad MAf. I replaced with a brand new one, but it seems to be the same. Will it take some time for ECM to re calibrate to new MAF or could it be something else as well?

Thanks,

2010 SS, Vararam CAI, Corsa Catback. 38k miles
TrickracenLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:36 PM   #2
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickracenLS3 View Post
Hi guys, I am in need of some help. Just a few days ago I started having a issue of power loss and a low idle, then it started to really hesitate. So I unplugged the MAF and then it ran fine. So I suspected bad MAf. I replaced with a brand new one, but it seems to be the same. Will it take some time for ECM to re calibrate to new MAF or could it be something else as well?

Thanks,

2010 SS, Vararam CAI, Corsa Catback. 38k miles
I had the same issue when I first baught my car and quickly realized the issue. The air box was not sitting all the way "clicked" into the bottom and it caused the MAF to see WAY to much air and it honestly made the same low idle, huge loss of power (almost undriveable) and didnt throw a CEL right away either.

I pulled Fuses 5 & 20 from the underhood fuseblock, connected the air box properly and all was well.

I see in your SIG you listed you have a Vararam CAI. Hopefully its the NO TUNE version because if its the TUNE REQUIRED version...well...that would probably be exactly why your car is running the way it is.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:57 AM   #3
TrickracenLS3

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Well it was the stupid honeycomb mesh that is on the vararam that came loose and was messing up the airflow.
TrickracenLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote