Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-31-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
bkkendrick

Drives: 2010 camaro 1lt RS Red
tuning question

i see a few people on here are getting a trifecta tune and my qustion is what is that? is there somewhere in particular i have to take my car to get it done? is it a program you buy and hook your laptop to you car and run? is it where you take your control module out and send it away? How do i go about getting it done. i live in sothern pennsylvania near the maryland line and i really know nothing about getting the tune done or even understanding how it works so all info will be appreaciated. i searched for an answer before posting this and kept hitting dead ends. thanks
bkkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Trifecta is my first tune ever to get (will have it on monday), but I'll answer your questions if you were to get a Trifecta tune. Basically they're sending me a cord that hooks my laptop up to my car. According to Vince, they're going to to give me a basic tune (via email) and I will load it in my car. Once the basic tune is loaded in the car I will drive around taking in data on my laptop. Once I've got the data recorded I email it to Vince. They'll look at it and if anything needs to be changed they will fine tune it for you and then email you the update. If you get more upgrades down the road they will tune it for free, unless it is some major change. As for the cord you can either rent it for them or buy it. I opted to buy it because I plan on using more than once or twice.

Hope this helps.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
Matt.M

Drives: 08 Cobalt SS/TC
Here is the link will answer a lot of questions you have- There are also some posts in the v6 section.

http://www.trifectaperformance.com/

Last edited by Matt.M; 04-01-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Matt.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:36 AM   #4
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Also when Vince mentions major changes he pretty much means a turbo or SC package. Otherwise he has no issues to continue supporting you.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:56 AM   #5
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
it's about the only real tune solution available right now.

I really like the diablo predator, but talking with Mike@diablosport a bit, it looks like the predator will NOT become available as it's end of life, they believe they will release it on the trinity initially, then on the newest product lineup coming out soon to support the 5th gen camaro v6.

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote