Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-30-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
Alena

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT/RS
Robo-Fab CAI + Phastek Air Scoop/WW Kit install pics/concept

Hey all, had a beautiful morning working on my baby today - in the beginning of the week I rebuilt entire exhaust line so it only made sense to help her breath also by installing a cold air intake. I chose the Robo-Fab CAI and Phastek Performance Air Scoop and Window Washer bottle kit. Both came really well packaged (Thanks Phastekperformance.com and fit my '15 Camaro like a glove. Install wasn't that complicated - I'm a newbie at cars and a girl and had no issues - didn't even break a nail :P. (Preparing all necessary tool in advance helped big time!) Below are the links to the parts and photos with the concept for air flow arrows in case you're new also and want to understand how the air flows to the engine after installation. enjoy <3

Alena

PS.: Send me please some ideas what I should install next!

Links:
ROBO-FAB COLD AIR INTAKE
PHASTEK PERFORMANCE Air Scoop/WWB KIT

PICS:
Air is flowing from the front grille of the bumper directed by the scoop back and up. The new washer bottle attached to the scoop safely and out of the way.

After installing the Robo_fab Engine compartment segregator, air can flow untouched by hot engine air from front bumper up into your new Cold air intake. Im sure this would work amazing for any CAI

After full install, it should look like this Notice the rubber seal between hood and your intake on top of the engine compartment segregator. Loved working on this upgrade

Alena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:12 AM   #2
stlsv6

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alena View Post
Hey all, had a beautiful morning working on my baby today - in the beginning of the week I rebuilt entire exhaust line so it only made sense to help her breath also by installing a cold air intake. I chose the Robo-Fab CAI and Phastek Performance Air Scoop and Window Washer bottle kit. Both came really well packaged (Thanks Phastekperformance.com and fit my '15 Camaro like a glove. Install wasn't that complicated - I'm a newbie at cars and a girl and had no issues - didn't even break a nail :P. (Preparing all necessary tool in advance helped big time!) Below are the links to the parts and photos with the concept for air flow arrows in case you're new also and want to understand how the air flows to the engine after installation. enjoy <3

Alena

PS.: Send me please some ideas what I should install next!

Links:
ROBO-FAB COLD AIR INTAKE
PHASTEK PERFORMANCE Air Scoop/WWB KIT

PICS:
Air is flowing from the front grille of the bumper directed by the scoop back and up. The new washer bottle attached to the scoop safely and out of the way.

After installing the Robo_fab Engine compartment segregator, air can flow untouched by hot engine air from front bumper up into your new Cold air intake. Im sure this would work amazing for any CAI

After full install, it should look like this Notice the rubber seal between hood and your intake on top of the engine compartment segregator. Loved working on this upgrade

Looks good and glad you didn't break a nail

Maybe high flow cats, a TB, tune would be my guess
stlsv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
Xell

Drives: 2013 2SS RS Convertible
Does it feel any different on the butt dyno?

Catch can and ported tb are prettu good options next.
Xell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:46 PM   #4
awdmofo
V6 banger

Drives: 2016 Lexus CT200H
Good Job! Yea a ported throttle body would help, and I liked how my car runs and sounds with an intake manifold spacer (Jacfab)
Elite E2 catch can, CAI intake, 2.5" SLP Loudmouth II mufflers with no resonators with an X pipe, Kenny Racing ported TB, Jacfab spacer and ported manifold and Accelerated Racing E85 octane dyno tune = 300WHP

Special Thanks to... Jason@JacFab, ChibBlackSheep, Kenny Racing & Accelerated Racing (use to be in) Rancho Cucamonga CA.
awdmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:44 PM   #5
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdmofo View Post
Good Job! Yea a ported throttle body would help, and I liked how my car runs and sounds with an intake manifold spacer (Jacfab)
Sell her your ported TB when you get your ported 80 Brian!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:08 PM   #6
Alena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xell View Post

All i can talk is my own experience for now. One immediate change was that with just exhaust rebuilt it sounded amazing and responsive, but pressing on gas felt like vehicle was moving a bit sluggish in correspondence to sound- this feeling was completely gone after the installation above. Now if the foot is touching the gas pedal both sound and performance feels like youre sucking and spiting air in one motion - if that description makes sense. It even sounds better, id say it went from deep older car sound more towards a performance car sound you'd hear on the track on both acceleration and deceleration.

Watched an educational video about what catch can does and are convinced that is definitely the next upgrade.

Can someone explain what a ported throttle does and how it works ? Ive seen people with 72 mm and 80 mm listed - whats the difference?

Thank you,
A
Old 03-31-2018, 08:14 PM   #7
Alena

Quote:

Btw Xell, I see you're from Colorado Springs, which is interesting because i was stationed in Ft. Carson a while ago AND although i live in Hawaii and bought my car here it's original and only owner before me bought it also in Colorado Springs Fun Coincidences!
Old 04-01-2018, 07:28 AM   #8
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Porting is a proven performance gain modification. It allows more air to pass through the throttlebody and into the intake manifold with less turbulence and greater velocity in the air charge. This is highly beneficial,especially in a normally aspirated engine. You will receive a increase in rear wheel horsepower ,between 5-10, depending on if you have a tune and what other mods you have. You also will get much better throttle response. 72 mm is the size of a stock TB on the 3.6 V-6 Camaro. The 80 mm is an upgraded larger throttlebody available through Overkill Motorsports.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:50 PM   #9
Xell

Drives: 2013 2SS RS Convertible
Haha that is an awesome coincidence! I lurk on here a lot, and kenny is super informative on our v6 motors. If you can hold out on upgrading the tb there are talks about a ported 80mm tb in the works.
Xell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:36 AM   #10
Alena

Quote:
Haha that is an awesome coincidence! I lurk on here a lot, and kenny is super informative on our v6 motors. If you can hold out on upgrading the tb there are talks about a ported 80mm tb in the works.
I am most definitely a patient one looking forward to hear the news
Old 04-04-2018, 04:37 AM   #11
Alena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Porting is a proven performance gain modification. It allows more air to pass through the throttlebody and into the intake manifold with less turbulence and greater velocity in the air charge. This is highly beneficial,especially in a normally aspirated engine. You will receive a increase in rear wheel horsepower ,between 5-10, depending on if you have a tune and what other mods you have. You also will get much better throttle response. 72 mm is the size of a stock TB on the 3.6 V-6 Camaro. The 80 mm is an upgraded larger throttlebody available through Overkill Motorsports.
Thank you for a better explanation, it really helps!

A.