Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-11-2018, 06:52 AM   #435
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
I warn all "Hot Rodders", make sure your oil changes go as they should! I just changed mine and the dealership forgot my full synthetic oil in the trunk. These tech's are not competent! God, I need a lift!
Old 04-11-2018, 07:08 AM   #436
sgo1960

Drives: Soon to be Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecyclone View Post
I warn all "Hot Rodders", make sure your oil changes go as they should! I just changed mine and the dealership forgot my full synthetic oil in the trunk. These tech's are not competent! God, I need a lift!
My neighbor started up her new Caddy CTS and it was making an awful noise. I happened to be outside and she asked me to take a look. Oil plug fell out and oil drained out into the ground. She had just gotten the oil changed the day before at the dealer during the first service. Bottom line, she got a new engine and quickly sold the car because her feeling was the same dealership who couldn't figure out how to install and tighten a drain plug, doesn't stand a prayer of installing an engine properly.
sgo1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:14 AM   #437
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I know, I was more so asking a rhetorical question. All cars have problems, I just dislike the intentional distortion of facts and circumstances against any manufacturer. It's bullcrap when the Ford guys say the Camaro is a parts bin car, or it's a piece of junk or whatever, and it's bullcrap when the opposite happens.
I 100% agree with you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Doesn't change the fact that Coyotes seem to be failing more than they should. That's hard to ignore. When you have Mustang guys who just bought their brand new 2018s having second thoughts about moding them, you might have a problem. What's concerning is the fact that the symptoms seem to be similar, which points to an underlying issue, not just bad luck. No distortion here.
Extraordinary statements require extraordinary proof. A couple forum complaints aren't that. How many happy owners with working engines post about how flawless their engine is running?
Old 04-11-2018, 09:09 AM   #438
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I 100% agree with you there.

Extraordinary statements require extraordinary proof. A couple forum complaints aren't that. How many happy owners with working engines post about how flawless their engine is running?
99.9 % of owners don't post in the forums at all. But the issues with the 2018 Mustang engines does seem to be more concerning. The problems have been occurring at low speed as well. All cars have their issues of course and in 2015-16 there were some bad LT1 issues as well. What makes this Mustang engine concerning to me is this is yet another issue in what seems to be a sea of problems plaguing the S550 since it launched.

For example: I went down to my local Ford dealer where I bought 2 Mustangs previous to my Camaro. I drove a 2018 GT PP M6. At 25 miles on the odometer it is already experiencing drivetrain vibrations and clunk clunk clunk. Salesman said "All the manuals do it."

Ford has some problems with suppliers and QC issues as well. Go watch the Faster Horse documentary and they even talk about bad driveshafts and vibrations in the S550 preproduction models.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:55 AM   #439
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101416

another one lol
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #440
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post

I get what you're saying and do agree, however, statistically speaking, there aren't that many 2018 GT owners on that forum yet as the car is still new. So to have at least 2 or 3 similar failures at such low miles raises a red flag. Or it should.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #441
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Weren't there a similar number of engine failures with the LT1 at first? along with rear end and transmission failures?

I very distinctly recall people on here screaming about how the Gen 6 was a lemon due to that
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #442
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Weren't there a similar number of engine failures with the LT1 at first? along with rear end and transmission failures?

I very distinctly recall people on here screaming about how the Gen 6 was a lemon due to that
blasphemy, the LT1 was built by the hand of god and has no failures to date lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:29 PM   #443
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
For example: I went down to my local Ford dealer where I bought 2 Mustangs previous to my Camaro. I drove a 2018 GT PP M6. At 25 miles on the odometer it is already experiencing drivetrain vibrations and clunk clunk clunk. Salesman said "All the manuals do it."
****ing hate dealers like that. When I had the A8 vibrations and got it fixed. I was complaining about the resolution time and lack of service car. There was a point where the service guy said 'It's a sports car, it's expected to vibrate'. I lost my shit on him
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #444
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
****ing hate dealers like that. When I had the A8 vibrations and got it fixed. I was complaining about the resolution time and lack of service car. There was a point where the service guy said 'It's a sports car, it's expected to vibrate'. I lost my shit on him
Dealers like that are also the type who try to void warranties for things like catch cans.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #445
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
blasphemy, the LT1 was built by the hand of god and has no failures to date lol
Wrong. That’s the ls1
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #446
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
Yeah that's bullshit.

When I had my 2010 I started experiencing a vibration at moderate speed (30-50 MPH, L99 car). I took it in to the dealer I bought it from "Yeah it's part of the break in process" "No it's not, a car doesn't vibrate at speed until it's broken in..it vibrates at speed until it's broken" "I'll have a tech look at it"

*three hours later*

"Yeah the tech wasn't able to replicate the problem, and I can't spend any more time on this, so if it continues or gets worse or you think it's continuing, bring it back"

Mind you at this point the car only had around 3,000 miles on it (June 2010 so the cars had only been out about two months). I take it to another dealer..within 30 minutes they had determined it was a bad driveshaft and the vibration had already done damage in the rear end. They reported it to regional and the other dealership got their shit kicked in.

I hate the "well it's rough around the edges but it's a sports car so suck it up buttercup I'd rather bob for apples on the crotch of this Corvette asshole" attitude.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #447
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Wrong. That’s the ls1
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #448
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
I see the Coyote defense force is in full swing :P. Hey I could be wrong and only seeing the glass half empty. I tend to do that sometimes. Hopefully I'm wrong or Ford takes heed and get if fixed asap.

Last edited by torqueaddict; 04-11-2018 at 07:01 PM.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote