Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
Poconocamaro

Drives: 2011 LT2/RS convertible
Gibson axle back

Put a Gibson axle back on my v6 today and I LOVE IT!... very good sound... still want to add an x-pipe at some point but for now she sounds great!
Poconocamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:40 PM   #2
Blueovalman

Drives: 2012 V6 Camaro 2010 Camaro SS
Congratulations the Gibson axle back exhaust does sound pretty good. I highly recommend doing an x pipe as it will really sound good with your Gibson axle back exhaust.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:14 PM   #3
Poconocamaro

So I totally dig this exhaust, sounds awesome 95% of the time... just a drone at 2,000 rpm which is unfortunate because I commute on the highway and a little bit of rasp... if I put the x-pipe on I know it will eliminate these 2 cons but will it be too quiet? I like the sound level it’s just 2 small gripes. But I don’t want it to quiet down too much
Old 04-23-2018, 07:22 PM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Magnaflow 11386. X muffler. Put it where the stock H is, if you haven't modified anything else, and remove your stock resonators when you do. If you aren't subject to emissions checks, remove your secondary cats also, and you'll gain a little power and a little sound.

Overall it doesn't quiet it down too much, frankly just the right amount imo. Can't really put a percentage to it though. It won't like kill the sound though, you'll still have almost all volume plus a deeper tone
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:25 PM   #5
Poconocamaro

Just realized I posted this in the LFX section... I don’t have an LFX sorry if someone could move it to the LLT section, sorry!
Old 04-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poconocamaro View Post
Just realized I posted this in the LFX section... I don’t have an LFX sorry if someone could move it to the LLT section, sorry!
No worries... fixed
Old 05-04-2018, 01:27 AM   #7
rdanzel

Drives: 2010
I agree that Gibson has a nice sound. I also like the deep tone of Magnaflow.
rdanzel is offline   Reply With Quote