Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
footwell lighting question?

I am wanting to install footwell lighting in both the front seats and the backseats so that they both fade in and out with the overhead lighting. I have a decent idea on how to do this with the front lights, but I am not exactly sure how to go about it with the backseat ones. Does anyone know of any good DIY write ups on how to go about this? I have seen a few good ones for the front footwells, but I haven't had any luck finding any for the backseat ones. I think I am gonna go with the oracle footwell kit, so If I am also doing the backseat do I just buy two sets of the kit? Or does the backseat one have to be specifically for the backseat?
Old 09-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Gator6977

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Back and front are the same, just might have to add a little wire. I ran mine under the center console and down under the carpet. You need to remove your seats for this. Relax, it's only two bolts and two nuts and a writing plug in or five. Definitely recommend adding them. And, if you ever add cup holder lighting, equally sweet, your power wire is already right there!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
CaryE1

Drives: Black 2011 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator6977 View Post
Back and front are the same, just might have to add a little wire. I ran mine under the center console and down under the carpet. You need to remove your seats for this. Relax, it's only two bolts and two nuts and a writing plug in or five. Definitely recommend adding them. And, if you ever add cup holder lighting, equally sweet, your power wire is already right there!
Yeah, that's what I did, too. Just ran the wiring through the center console to the rear. Works great and I get a lot of good comments.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator6977 View Post
Thanks for the tips! Why do you have to remove the seats though? Couldn't I wire it through the center console without having to remove the seats?
Old 09-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #5
Gator6977

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Absolutely you could. But if you wanted the wires all the way hid, they would have to go under the carpet. Otherwise about 5-6 inches of the wire can be seen.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #6
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Just grab the front of the rear seat and pull up, it pops right out. Fish the wire under the carpet from the center rear into the center console and run it inside there. You do not need to remove the front seats. You can attach the light strips directly under the rear seat.

Here is Lupe's DIY.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110986

Tags
diy, footwell lighting, led lights, lighting modifications, modifications