Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 06-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #15
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Thanks for the recommendations on Jessie. I'm getting my new Conti DWS installed on Monday. Got me a great price installed, beating TireRack's pre-shipping cost.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #16
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
hey let us know how they perform haven't heard anything from owners with them, always interested in other options, good luck!
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #17
Misty

Drives: 11 SGM 2LT/RS
Jessie got me a great deal but I made the mistake of having them installed at the Discount Tires in Bellevue instead of Federal Way. BIG MISTAKE They ended up putting scratches in all 4 of my painted wheels. They repainted them but did an awful job. So if you do get them from Jessie be sure to have them installed at Federal Way not Bellevue.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #18
ForgedReality
Envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
hey let us know how they perform haven't heard anything from owners with them, always interested in other options, good luck!
Definitely. I got 275/40-20 in the front and 315/35-20 in the rear. These are not factory rims though. That size will not fit the factory 20" SS wheels, FYI.

The reason I went with that size is I needed wider tires for these wheels and it was the only size that would not change my overall diameter and throw my speedo and odo off. Supposedly, it's not ideal going 315 on a 10" rim, but if there's a little bulge, I don't mind. But I've seen photos of these tires on these wheels, and it looks like damn near a perfect fit so I'm not worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty View Post
Jessie got me a great deal but I made the mistake of having them installed at the Discount Tires in Bellevue instead of Federal Way. BIG MISTAKE They ended up putting scratches in all 4 of my painted wheels. They repainted them but did an awful job. So if you do get them from Jessie be sure to have them installed at Federal Way not Bellevue.
Wow! Yeah, he offered to get them done at Bellevue as then I might not have to wait while the rears were ordered as they didn't have them in stock at Federal Way. Luckily, since you said that, that didn't work out so I'm getting them done at Jessie's shop. I'll be sure to stress that they be careful with my rims. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
Misty

Drives: 11 SGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
I have Conti Extreme Contact DWS on mine. They are great. No problem with them failing to grip the road at all, even in the rain and I get pretty wild in the turns
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #20
ForgedReality
Envy

Yeah I'm getting bald in the back on the factory tires. It was time for new ones before Sturgis. :P Plus the factory tires are just a bit too narrow for 8.5" and 10" rims.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #21
MonsterV6

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
I haven't been on here for a while, and all I can say is WOW!!! Thanks everyone for the positive comments!!!

Misty I'm so sorry that happen there. I didn't expect that at all! Reason I recommended Bellevue because I started my career there and I know the do great work. From now on I'll have everyone come directly to me.
481rwhp 436 rwtq on a Mustang dyno, BTR stage iv comp cam, Stainless power headers w/ highflow cats, G5CR intake, straight pipe, vmax throttle body, 6k hid fog & headlights, BMR strut bar, LG Motorsport coilovers Hurst short shifter, Elite catch can, Stillen splitter,cypher harness bar,
MonsterV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #22
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Jesse, I'll be seeing your shortly for some quotes on the DSW.

Firestone_SS, what does Firestone have for the 2LT/RS that I should be looking at?

I will probably be getting them in October right as the really rainy season starts.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #23
ForgedReality
Envy

^DWS*? I love these tires btw. I might replace my wheels with the Nurburgrings though. Something a little wider than I have now so the DWS fit better.

I spent a lot of time custom painting the Foose rims I have now but I really like the look of the Nurburgring and the Foose Speed that I have are kind of an awkward size. 20x8.5 and 20x10 is hard to find two matching pairs of tires in the correct sizes. :\
Old 08-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #24
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
That is one thing that's handy about having my black rims.. if I scrape it, I can sand the area down and just put satin paint on.

Seems like the 3 tires that are popular is the DWS, Goodyear F1's, and the BFG GeForce Comp2's.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #25
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Michellin Pilot SuperSports
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
keving2873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #26
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I loved my Continental DWS...
Old 08-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #27
firestone_ss

actually putting some 255/45r20 firehawk wide ovals on my wifes 2010 2lt/RS. It should perform way better than the stock Pirellis ill let you guys know how it drives im doing it next week so stay tuned
Old 08-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #28
firestone_ss

im running the generals g-max on mine currently and have no complaints.