Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #71
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed585Lbs View Post
I am saluting GM on this one. (Don't know what I'll use my other 4 fingers for, though!)
Gave me a good laugh
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #72
DaveC

Drives: 2016 LT1 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalmass View Post
My wife's 2012 grocery getter just has a FOB. No key. I don't know why all the manufacturer's haven't gone that route. They had push-button starters in the 30's and 40's on cars and trucks. They should have stuck with them.

We traded in a 2012 Nissan that was keyless, like I said before GM is using up a suppliers obsolete inventory in these cars, we had the EXACT same remote on a VW Beetle we bought new in 2003.... Even my Harley is keyless, guess we'll have to wait for gen 6...
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:34 AM   #73
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Just bought my Camaro however I can't have it until the dealer gets the keys :( I insisted and insisted on signing a waiver but was told that there was a revision saying that I could not sign anything :(. The wait continues....
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:49 AM   #74
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
Just bought my Camaro however I can't have it until the dealer gets the keys :( I insisted and insisted on signing a waiver but was told that there was a revision saying that I could not sign anything :(. The wait continues....
you should have got real real mad and told them you would not take delivery if they did not give you the keys now
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #75
polizzio

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Camaro
I'll keep my original keys. My knees come nowhere close to the ignition switch. This has got to be one of the dumbest recalls I ever heard of. Maybe if you're 7'.
polizzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:37 PM   #76
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Why do we, as owners, have to settle for this mickey mouse fix/repair? We bought our cars based on a higher standard than this. What if GM just wanted to pull two naked wires out of the ignition and told us to just touch them together? Would that be ok?

There is strength in numbers and we should stick together and demand that they fix
the problem without lowering the standards of the car. GM has admitted they installed a dangerous, possibly a life threatening ignition in our cars so I feel that they should be the ones to fix it by changing it over to a push button style. I much prefer a step
up repair than a step down fix. If we simply opt out on this and keep our current key then GM wins.

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #77
dwood

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1975 View Post
Just took delivery a few minutes ago and I was able to sign a waiver to retain the fob
What form did they make you sign? Taking delivery today hoping the let me do the same!
dwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #78
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood View Post
What form did they make you sign? Taking delivery today hoping the let me do the same!
If they did give you a form please tell us what the name is! It's been 3 days and I still don't have the car.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #79
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
If we simply opt out on this and keep our current key then GM wins.
I guess they win by saving the $20 or $30 that the new keys would cost them, but I can't see the point in swapping keys and accepting something I don't like as well just to make sure GM doesn't "win." I'm happy with my car and the folding key and I would get absolutely no satisfaction in sticking GM for the new key. The folding key certainly wasn't a factor in my decision to buy the car, but now that I've got it I've come to like it because it doesn't scratch up things in my pocket like a traditional key. So I guess GM will "win" in my case, because I plan to ignore this recall completely.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #80
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike YBTG View Post
The ignition switch in the Camaro is mechanically dissimilar to the units found in the cars affected by the huge GM ignition switch recall. The Camaro recall has nothing to do with the ignition itself, and everything to do with it being possible to hit the key with your knees.

Here's a video I did showing what it's about.
r u guys dating?
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #81
Mike YBTG

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
r u guys dating?
We most certainly are not.
Mike YBTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #82
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
it's a stupid cheap ass solution, and is pisses me off that GM would take such a cheap route on a one of their higher end vehicles.

the VERY least they could do is provide a whole new fob, not just hack up the exiting fobs..

POORLY decided, and POORLY executed solution.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #83
JDono

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6 Vert - Riptide Blue
I purchased a '14 2SS/RS after the recall and I was given a switchblade key and two independent key setups.
JDono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #84
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
To date we have not received a letter nor any form of communication from GM about the key fob recall on either of the 2014's we purchased.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key, recall