Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Pfadt Sport Sway Bar Package

Pfadt Race Engineering is proud to add the Sport Sway Bars to our 2010 Camaro product offering!

Install our Pfadt Sport Bars on your Camaro and you'll immediately feel more planted and in control! We've built our reputation on engineering well-balanced, performance minded suspension products and these sway bars hit the mark.

Made in the USA of high strength steel, our bars provide the proper rate of roll stiffness and balance. Our sway bars will inspire confidence and keep you in control for the ultimate driving experience.

Understeer and the 2010 Camaro

The Pfadt Camaro sway bars required major engineering changes from the factory bar package to eliminate the notorious understeer. Basic vehicle dynamics say in order to eliminate understeer you must increase the roll stiffness in the rear of the car - our rear bar does exactly that. That's how we’ve achieve such great balance. If a sway bar package offers huge increases in the roll stiffness of the front bar, your Camaro is going to suffer from increased understeer compared to the OEM sway bars!

We have developed a package that is the best on the market because we engineer our bars for each specific vehicle application. We start from a blanket sheet of paper for every suspension package and we thoroughly track tested our bars to obtain the ultimate balance.

Our rear bar offers three point of adjustment to allow you to fine tune the balance of your car to your tire package and driving style. Whether you're on the street or at the track, you'll have the adjustment you need to perfect the handling.

We include Graphite-impregnated Greasable Sway Bar Bushings and brackets that include the grease zerks for a complete installation.

• Eliminates understeer by providing proper balance
• Enables fine-tuning with rear adjustment for street or track
• Increases performance by reducing body roll and increasing steering response
• Easy installation with basic hand tools

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 09-03-2009 at 04:15 PM.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
oOoOooo....what kind of price should we expect?
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
oOoOooo....what kind of price should we expect?
Please go HERE for pricing info. If you have any questions please let us know!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
This product advertises reduction of understeer. I would to see some track videos demonstrating this. Not trying to say your product doesn't work, but nothing is more better than seeing the product speak for itself.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
LightningSS

Drives: WAS '10 SS IBM, NOW '14 BRM ZL1
Can we see some installation instructions too? Is it required to unhook the front motor mounts to install the front sway bar like on other vendors setups?
LightningSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
This product advertises reduction of understeer. I would to see some track videos demonstrating this. Not trying to say your product doesn't work, but nothing is more better than seeing the product speak for itself.
I will have some skid pad video shortly. We've been so busy developing and testing the product we haven't even gone through all of our video!

Miller Motorsports Park. We were only beat by a C6 Z06!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningSS View Post
Can we see some installation instructions too? Is it required to unhook the front motor mounts to install the front sway bar like on other vendors setups?
Our front sway doesn't require unhooking the engine mounts. When we were track testing we changed bars in about 15 minutes front and rear on jack stands at the track. It's a very straight forward install.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Old 08-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I have an open spot in my build for when you have your complete lineup ready to ship!

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
LightningSS

Drives: WAS '10 SS IBM, NOW '14 BRM ZL1
I have to say I really like the machined end fittings rather then the mashed tubes others use. When I get my car you're at the top of the list. Keep us informed when you get parts in stock. Thanks.
LightningSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
I have an open spot in my build for when you have your complete lineup ready to ship!

- SK
SK,

Thanks for holding out for our product! It will be worth the wait!!! We could have released product already but we want the product to be dialed in and perform to our standards! I'll let you know when we've got the total package!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningSS View Post
I have to say I really like the machined end fittings rather then the mashed tubes others use. When I get my car you're at the top of the list. Keep us informed when you get parts in stock. Thanks.
The machined ends are much nicer than the pinched set-up and this is another thing that sets us apart from the competition. Based on the published data I've seen from other manufactures we're the only company that will be getting the balance correct.

We will also have a race package that utilizes our Spline Bar Technology. It will have usable front rate adjustments as well as the rear.

Click the Picture for more information!

Please feel free to call or email us anytime! We have a lot of great products that will greatly improve the overall performance on the street as well as the track. We're always happy to answer questions and get the right package for each individual customer.

Kind regards,

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 08-19-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Can't wait to see these videos...

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #11
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
I would like to knwo if you will be offering other suspension upgrades for the Camaro.
I would like to be able to purchase and sell a full kit, coil-overs, sway-bars, end links, bushings, and any type of subframe or stiffening we would need.

Feel free to PM me or e-mail me directly.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #12
PfadtRacing

Pfadt Sport Sways Shipping soon!

We've already sold the majority of our first batch of Sport Sways! They will be shipping the week of September 1st so get your orders in now if you want them. The second batch will be about another 4 weeks after that.

We've had such great responses from everyone I just wanted to say thank you for your interest in Our products and for supporting Pfadt Race Engineering!

Kind regards,
Old 08-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #13
PfadtRacing

Quote:
It's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
I would like to knwo if you will be offering other suspension upgrades for the Camaro.
I would like to be able to purchase and sell a full kit, coil-overs, sway-bars, end links, bushings, and any type of subframe or stiffening we would need.

Feel free to PM me or e-mail me directly.
We develop our products to work in stages or for the ultimate performance we will have a complete systems. We will also offer various stages to suit different customer needs and budgets.

Pfadt Racing believes that the sway bars are the ultimate tuning tool as they provide balance so that is where we started. The Camaro in particular is very unbalanced and by simply changing the bars you can make the car more responsive to steering input. I was amazed at the difference that the bars alone made; it feels like a totally different car. It is important to also understand that simply putting aftermarket bars on isn't going to fix the issues if they haven't been engineering properly. Our package is specific to the Camaro and that is how we do things.

I will post more product very shortly. We have a lot of exciting projects including the Carriage House Customs American Iron car that we will be supporting! We've also been approached by some great organizations to put together packages. Although we appear to be behind on releasing the products we're actually ahead because our systems will work as advertised.

Please feel free to call or email me anytime with your specific goals and we can help you make it happen!

Kind regards,
Old 08-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #14
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Quote:
I wanted to Embed the video but I couldn't so here is a link. This test was completed with sway bars only. Nothing else was done to the car!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Kind regards,