Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 08-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #239
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post
A great meet. Thanks to everyone for their work putting it together. It was nice to meet everyone.
It was great to finally meet you. Thanks for coming and bumping the green count up one more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat2012 View Post
I feel like crap that I missed it! :( I spent the late morning/early afternoon at Sumner Veterinary Hospital with my dog. He injured his hind leg pretty bad. (doing okay now) home and on a LOT of medications. I am SO SO SOOOOOO sorry guys. It looked like a kick-ass meet up too!
That's okay Shana. We missed you, but I knew it had to be something important. Glad your dog is doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Missed it too. Family obligations got in my way. Damn it. Hopefully get a cruise sometime soon.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
If I know Brengeek, there will be something soon! Maybe MXR has something going on too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNW View Post
Thanks Misty! Appreciate it - I will recap the story I was telling some of the other SG's - The first time I saw the SG online (I even saved the bookmark I was hooked. I immediately saw the inverse color scheme would work as well, and from that point on it was just a matter of having the $$$.

SG's are beautiful - was great fun to be part of the mixed caravan - the SG's really draw the look...

Looking forward to the next meet-up and/or cruise...

Maybe by the next meet-up I will have the AGP TT Kit up and running...
Your car was the talk of the meet! It does look striking. Glad you could make it.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #240
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Well, our second meet at Wally's is in the books, and from all the feedback I've gotten from people, it seems that we can call it a success. With nearly three times the attendance of last year, Thirteen Synergy Green Metallics, and our fundraising goal surpassed for Fisher House; I'd call it good!
Of course I've heard a lot of people already talking about next year. I'm still recovering from this year! I'm not quite ready to jump into planning for next year, but it has been on my mind. I learned a lot this year, and on the day of the event I had already noted some changes I'd have to make next time around. Nothing major, just organizational adjustments: I'm going to need more help. The event is short, and with so many attendees, the people that were helping me out were overwhelmed, and didn't have a chance to move around and enjoy it too. I can only imagine if it grows next year like it did this year.
So I'd appreciate it if you folks could give me suggestions of anything you can think of to make it better for next year. Please keep it respectful and realistic. I also want to state up front that it's not going to become a car-show. As in: No judging, trophies, or sitting with your car for 8 hours. There are too many headaches involved with putting on that kind of thing, and there are a lot of people who would not come if it were a competitive show. I want it to remain accessible and attractive to everyone.

Okay, any suggestions?

Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #241
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
I can help.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #242
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
I can help.
+1
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #243
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Might take a few people, but having people that help direct cars to a parking spot would be cool. With people helping to direct parking, you can squeeze more people in on that grass field, get better lines out of the parking, and possibly even color coordinate the parking. This year the parking was fine, but wasn't very precise. Maybe I am a little OCD, but I think more precise parking looks better in photos.
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
keving2873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #244
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Quote:
I can help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post
+1
I knew that I could count on you, and many others here as well. The hard part for me is asking. I was brought up in an atmosphere of "do it all yourself". The other thing was knowing what jobs I needed to fill. Now, after the fact, it's a lot clearer. I learned a lot. I think I have a pretty good idea of what will be needed next year, and I'll probably be looking for volunteers well in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keving2873 View Post
Might take a few people, but having people that help direct cars to a parking spot would be cool. With people helping to direct parking, you can squeeze more people in on that grass field, get better lines out of the parking, and possibly even color coordinate the parking. This year the parking was fine, but wasn't very precise. Maybe I am a little OCD, but I think more precise parking looks better in photos.
That's a very good point. And I'm glad you mentioned color coordinating too. It wasn't just me. The manager of Wally's told me before the event that she was having her staff park at a business across the street, so that she could have the whole lot filled with Camaros. I didn't want to dissappoint her.
Well I learned something that day: Apparently, punctual people drive dark colored Camaros; black, Cyber Grey, etc. Just one of those goofy things about probability. Even though statistically unlikely, it was bound to happen that the whole front row would be limited to shades of grey and black. You're right. It looks better if we mix them all up.
And yes, they look better if lined up nicely. I hadn't seen the Log Show Grounds full of Camaros to get an idea of how they should be arranged. Now I have. So next year, I think we'll incorporate some guidance where parking is concerned. I think an OCD person would be perfect for that job!...

Old 08-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #245
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Apparently, punctual people drive dark colored Camaros; black, Cyber Grey, etc.
I withdraw my offer of help

Somebody said they only wanted dark ones in front of Wally's, so I went and parked next to Brenda (why she parked away from the other black ones, I do not know).
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #246
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Quote:

Somebody said they only wanted dark ones in front of Wally's, so I went and parked next to Brenda (why she parked away from the other black ones, I do not know).
That's okay. I can always ask your evil twin...the one in the sunglasses!

Old 08-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #247
keving2873

Lol, I guess I could be an OCD person and help people park.
Apex Catch-can
Old 08-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #248
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Quote:

My car isn't black!! LOL

I parked over there cuz I had a trunk full-o-swag and just never bothered moving it. Lazy
Old 08-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #249
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
So as you probaby saw on the front page, a club in Arizona got on the front page with "ABOUT 52" all gen camaros and all they did was cruise a mountain.
We had 67 5th gens in one place and for a good cause and don't even get a look.

Things that make you go, "Hummmmmmmm".

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #250
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 View Post
So as you probaby saw on the front page, a club in Arizona got on the front page with "ABOUT 52" all gen camaros and all they did was cruise a mountain.
We had 67 5th gens in one place and for a good cause and don't even get a look.

Things that make you go, "Hummmmmmmm".
I noticed. Oh, well, I'm proud of our Camaro Community, even if the mods aren't. Ya all rock!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #251
keving2873

One word.... parking.....

Lol, I bet if we were parked better for prettier pictures they would have noticed us. You couldn't tell from any of our pictures that we had 67 cars there. I wonder if we could get a cherry picker for next year so one of our daredevil photographers could get an aerial shot of the group to really show off the turn out.
Apex Catch-can
Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #252
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keving2873 View Post
One word.... parking.....

Lol, I bet if we were parked better for prettier pictures they would have noticed us. You couldn't tell from any of our pictures that we had 67 cars there. I wonder if we could get a cherry picker for next year so one of our daredevil photographers could get an aerial shot of the group to really show off the turn out.
So, I'm taking this as you are volunteering to be our designated lot organizer? Cherry picker....ya I suppose our Chase Vehicle isn't quite high enough.