Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-11-2021, 11:45 AM   #1
Arizona_Droptop

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Help identifying what's under the floor panel of trunk

Still getting to know/understand my vehicle, so forgive the basic questions please. Anyway, I would like some help in identifying what is under the floor of my trunk.

Locations marked 1 and 2 appear to be missing something. I am guessing this is where the tire inflation kit is supposed to go. I think that is #1. But what is #2? Also, should the dealer provide this tire inflation kit even if the car is used?

As for #3 and #4. What exactly are these components?

Thanks!

Edit: Thanks guys! I appreciate you helping me identify 3 and 4. And looks like 1 and 2 being empty is normal since #1 - I have run flats and for #2 - The fuel funnel is in my glovebox.
Attached Images

Last edited by Arizona_Droptop; 03-11-2021 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Questions Answered
Arizona_Droptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:47 AM   #2
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
#1 is where the inflator air pump goes, if you had one coming to you
#2 is where the gas tank funnel goes, I think.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:02 PM   #3
Arizona_Droptop

Makes sense for 1 and 2. I do have a gas tank funnel in the glove box.

Just going through some teething pains with the dealer right now. I don't have a tire inflation kit (not sure if that is something they are required to supply, it came from a chevy dealer).

I also do not have the key to the lug notes. No idea how the hell I am supposed to get the tires off.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:16 PM   #4
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
They have tools that can get the lugs off but they might get damaged. I would ask them to get you a new set of locks or find the key. As for the inflation kit, do you have the Run on Flats?

My car, 2020, came with nothing for tire repair but it came with Run on Flats

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:27 PM   #5
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
1 is inflator IF car did not come with runflats. I believe 1SS and 2SS were runflats, 1LE is not.
2 is tow hook in my car
3 amplifier
4 fuse box

Fuel funnel was in glove box
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #6
Arizona_Droptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
They have tools that can get the lugs off but they might get damaged. I would ask them to get you a new set of locks or find the key. As for the inflation kit, do you have the Run on Flats?

My car, 2020, came with nothing for tire repair but it came with Run on Flats
I am emailing back and forth with the dealer about the key for the locks...Hopefully they can do something for me there.

As for the tires, the are Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 ROF. So yeah, they are Run on Flats
Old 03-11-2021, 12:34 PM   #7
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
3 is the amp for Bose-equipped cars.
4 is the rear compartment fuse block. there will be a map for fuse locations in the owner's manual.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:46 PM   #8
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
1 is inflator IF car did not come with runflats. I believe 1SS and 2SS were runflats, 1LE is not.
2 is tow hook in my car
3 amplifier
4 fuse box

Fuel funnel was in glove box
oops, tow hook was right where yours is! What was I thinking? LOL!!
I think that was empty on mine too, may have to go look now.

Yes, no air pump for your car.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #9
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
If the car is used the dealer doesn’t have to provide anything, except in case of state or federal law: safe brakes, etc. Look at your contract, probably says as is. Be nice, try to get the locking lug nuts dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2021, 04:33 PM   #10
Arizona_Droptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF8 View Post
If the car is used the dealer doesn’t have to provide anything, except in case of state or federal law: safe brakes, etc. Look at your contract, probably says as is. Be nice, try to get the locking lug nuts dealt with.
Thanks. I figured as much. If the dealer can not find the lock key, what is my next plan of action?

For what its worth, my tires/wheels are fine. I would just like to get this sorted while they are fine as opposed to when I need them removed.
Old 03-11-2021, 05:52 PM   #11
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
My 2ss came with runflats. But I put winter tires on it for the cold which were not. So I bought an aftermarket pump/repair kit and an actual plug type repair kit. Theres a guy in here somewhere that got a really nice air pump that clips to the battery from Harbor frieght and made it fit perfectly in the center.
My pump is in a case. Its supposed to be one used by multiple high end manufacturers.... but it plugs into the lighter. I think Im going to be disapointed. But it fits right into that center slot. I have nothing in slot 2. My filler nozzle was in spot number one. Spot 2 has a velcro belt that looks like its designed to hold something tight.
I also got friends with tow trucks... and I got AAA for when we might be too far. The runflats are gone as soon as I can wear them out. Theres no jack... I cant see being able to really do much on the side of a 2 lane on the shoulder so Im calling for a flat bed if I get a flat.
But the guy who fit the Harbor freight air pump has the best setup. That and a coiled hose that reaches all 4 tires from the trunk would be the cats BLLS!
Old 03-11-2021, 06:01 PM   #12
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
My 2ss came with runflats. But I put winter tires on it for the cold which were not. So I bought an aftermarket pump/repair kit and an actual plug type repair kit. Theres a guy in here somewhere that got a really nice air pump that clips to the battery from Harbor frieght and made it fit perfectly in the center.
My pump is in a case. Its supposed to be one used by multiple high end manufacturers.... but it plugs into the lighter. I think Im going to be disapointed. But it fits right into that center slot. I have nothing in slot 2. My filler nozzle was in spot number one. Spot 2 has a velcro belt that looks like its designed to hold something tight.
I also got friends with tow trucks... and I got AAA for when we might be too far. The runflats are gone as soon as I can wear them out. Theres no jack... I cant see being able to really do much on the side of a 2 lane on the shoulder so Im calling for a flat bed if I get a flat.
But the guy who fit the Harbor freight air pump has the best setup. That and a coiled hose that reaches all 4 tires from the trunk would be the cats BLLS!
You will be there forever with the cigarette lighter pumps. Get a clip on. But AAA is the best option IMHO.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:06 PM   #13
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona_Droptop View Post
Thanks. I figured as much. If the dealer can not find the lock key, what is my next plan of action?

For what its worth, my tires/wheels are fine. I would just like to get this sorted while they are fine as opposed to when I need them removed.
Everyone here has been right. Your avatar says you have a 2SS, which came with RoF's, so you don't get the inflator kit.
My funnel was missing, but I bought my 2SS used. Picked one up at local parts store for a couple bucks. I'd move yours to the trunk as the glovebox is small enough as it is!

As for the wheel locks, the dealer may know where the car came from (trade-in?) so they may be able to contact previous owner who may have put it in his garage and forgot to put it in the car when he/she sold it. You might have to gently prod the dealer to track it down, as they already have their money and aren't much interested in you anymore! I'd also check everywhere in the car for it. Glovebox, center console, under seats, somewhere in the trunk, etc.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:50 AM   #14
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona_Droptop View Post

While those wheel locks are supposed to prevent theft, they largely only slow the thieves down or will get them to grab unlocked wheels first. If you really want them on your car, buy another set and have the dealer remove the ones that are on there and swap the new ones on. There are a number of different 'keys', but dealers and some tire shops generally have master sets for the factory ones.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote