Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-03-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
Air gap between slave cylinder and pressure plate

So i did a monster lt1-sc clutch in February and didnt think to change the slave cylinder to a billet piece. Well the plastic piece melted last week and destroyed the slave. Now i put in a new slave with billet release bearing support

Now i measured the air gap (measure bell housing point to slave fully depressed and measure bell housing to clutch fingers). The specs ive seen are somewhere between .125” and .375”. I have exactly 0.000”

So id have to shim the transmission away from the engine block somehow. I have the symptoms of this problem (clutch disengages as soon as i press the clutch and i have worn out 2 slaves in 53k miles. And my old ACT clutch slipped at full throttle.

How do you get the gap greater. Tick’s shims would make it even less
Old 09-03-2018, 06:24 PM   #2
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
What flywheel do you have? I would suggest calling monster. I'm not sure if that clutch was designed to be used with the stock flywheel.... or aftermarket. You should find that out. You may need to get a different flywheel...
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:49 PM   #3
flyinglow57

The flywheel came witht the clutch. It is not a stock flywheel. The reason being ACT clutches need a new flywheel and i tossed the OEM. So had to get a new one withh the clutxh package
Old 09-03-2018, 06:58 PM   #4
Clarkstar

Sounds like the monster clutch may have been designed to be used with a monster flywheel... not ACT's. I would call monster...
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #5
Clarkstar

When I was shopping for a clutch I remember a couple companies saying you had to use there flywheel... not the stock one or one from another manufacturer.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:10 PM   #6
flyinglow57

I tossed the oem one to get the act one. Then when i went with the monster lt1-s i tossed the act flywheel and used the monster one. So i hve the whole package from monster
Old 09-05-2018, 03:56 AM   #7
flyinglow57

Anyone have measurements from engine block to pressure plate fingers and from bellhousing to compressed slave cylinder? Im trying to narrow down what side needs to be different
Old 09-05-2018, 05:49 AM   #8
Clarkstar

I'll look tonight. I think I wrote the measurements on the clutch box... I still have it in the basement.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:01 AM   #9
flyinglow57

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
I'll look tonight. I think I wrote the measurements on the clutch box... I still have it in the basement.
Thank you very much.

On a side note tick performance and monster clutch have been very good to deal with and im emailing the two companies back and forth