Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #57
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
just go back from my body guy and he needs to paint the whole panel and blend the door in
Old 08-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #58
KingofBattle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Our friend had a crease type dent with a scratch on his back quarter panel above the side marker from the first night. Another couple we met from Kentucky had a green one that got scratched with a dent. I also witnessed a kid chasing his brother around carrying an ipad and slammed it into one of the vendors camaros. Sorry to hear about the theft and keying! You would think everyone there would have respected all the cars as much as we love them. Unfortunately, there were some non camaro owners.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #59
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
YOu sure it happened at fest? Unless you trailered your car to Indy im sure you stopped several places along the way..
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #60
dfield23

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
Damn that sucks man. I do know that there were a bunch of people from hotels who were just walking around that didnt have a camaro. I saw one guy lean up on a camaro with vertical doors while his buddy took his picture.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #61
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Hate to hear this type of crap. Damage to your and others cars, it's just wrong.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #62
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Personally don't think that's you getting keyed I think it's someone being careless with their keys hanging out of their pocket that walked by your car, as for the shifter did any one put it in a wrong box and got thrown away by accident ?

Could be this. I watched a kid with a very long wallet chain walk down the side of my car with his chain about 1" away from the side of my car. By the time I got to my car from where I was sitting he had walked away from my car so it was pointless to approach him.

I'm going to have to leave my car in a hotel parking lot overnight in Sept when I bring it to Jannetty's. Now i'm scared to leave it there overnight
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #63
camaro2lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall82 View Post
YOu sure it happened at fest? Unless you trailered your car to Indy im sure you stopped several places along the way..
IT happened at fest for sure!!! saturday night to be exact......we would have noticed it and i washed and detailed my car friday and saturday. noticed it sunday when i was cleaning my car
Old 08-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #64
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
This just confirms my fear of large gatherings. The truth is, there ARE those that are hateful and mean and will do this kind of crap even though you would THINK that in a gathering of people that share the same Camaro passion as you, it wouldn't happen! Hope you get it all back right soon brother....I feel ya pain, been there myself.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #65
R Kern
NFRNO SS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS M6
Wow Richie, I'm so sorry to hear this. It seems there are scum people everywhere you go. I know I would be sick about it, also.
I hope the repair comes out good, and will see you at a SEPA 5 get-together soon. Randy.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #66
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
This is a low life no good for nothing A*^%€¥E!!!! That can't stand the jelousy of a sucesfull kid! I'm sorry Richie! What you do here, you pay it here!!! who ever you are buddy if you reading this pray that nobody see you!!!!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #67
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Sucks but I am not 100% convinced it was a key...could have been accidental as some one was walking by...perhaps they didn't notice they came into contact with your car...I'd like to think that the people at fest wouldn't do this intentionally or if they had accidentally scrapped it would step up and pay for it. Most keyings I've seen out of malice usually take up multiple body panels and are much deeper....
Old 08-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #68
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
That has to be from a spectator, no Camaro guy would do that........................... JRJ
Old 08-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #69
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I'd be thinking the Guys who did your Install might have come out of the car with a tool in the front pocket ? I scratched my car MYself on the inside Panel with a knife I carry in the front pocket? trying to squeeze out the door when I'm inclose in my grage! Just a guess it's close to the front of the door and That could be your cause????
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #70
camaro2lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
I'd be thinking the Guys who did your Install might have come out of the car with a tool in the front pocket ? I scratched my car MYself on the inside Panel with a knife I carry in the front pocket? trying to squeeze out the door when I'm inclose in my grage! Just a guess it's close to the front of the door and That could be your cause????

i have pics of my car before and after and during the install and it was not keyed.............i did not do it and alot of people were looking at my car too see the new dash and someone would of noticed that or i would of noticed it for sure....my body shop says its keyed becuase they got down to bare metal at some points