Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
jkupa10

Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Visited a dealer today with a ZL1 'vert. $64K sticker. Didn't have the 2010 Camaro with me, but just wanted to get info. Found a manual 6 speed. Test drove an auto hardtop before and it was god awful quick, so was anxious to see what a stick would do.

So we took a test drive. OMG that thing shifted like butter and rode almost as good as the CTS wagon. The vert is nice and tight.

They must really want to sell. They had 2 other 'verts and 3 hardtop ZL1s on the lot as well. I told them I probably wasn't going to do anything until next week (after I see what 2014 has to offer). They had a $7500 ADM on it. No wonder all these were sitting. I told them I can simply go elsewhere and pay MSRP max.

Here's where it got interesting. The sales manager was so-so about things until he found out it was a transformers edition and a 2SS/RS. He SAID he has a customer wanting a 2010 transformers but it had to be a 2SS/RS. You know how that goes. Dealership BS I'm sure. I'm still very wary about the whole thing. After some haggling...OTD price offered was my 2010 Camaro and 30K. Got it in writing, too.

Might put a deposit on it and wait until next week....I dunno.

Thoughts?
Don't do a thing until next week. The last thing you want to do is be kicking yourself over a decision made a week too early.

Also if you got that deal in writing from the dealership they think they've got you sold. Don't say anything for a week, then after the 2014 reveal (if you can live with a 2013 over a 2014) call em up and say you'll come in and sign the papers right away... if they take off another $1,000.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #16
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Thanks for the advice. I'm tempted...very tempted...I forgot also that the select-a-ride only as sport and touring on the 'vert. At least that's all I could remember seeing on the console.

Just in case someone shows the "worthless without pics" icons, here's a quick snapshot of the car of interest. Doesn't have the ECF or suede package, but has the 5 spokes and NAV.
Attached Images

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote