Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #29
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
Tracy told me the jet MAF is crap
I just spoke with Tracy earlier. Should of asked him about it. Last he told me he was waiting on my test.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #30
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I ordered the Jet MAF but it's on back order as they stopped stocking it. So now I just waiting for it to come back. I warned them of the increase of demand they will get if this works like they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
Tracy told me the jet MAF is crap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I just spoke with Tracy earlier. Should of asked him about it. Last he told me he was waiting on my test.

What was their response when you told them of an inc in supply IF it works like they say? If there was a pause then we might be screwed lol
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #31
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

I was just talking to one of my friends who is a real car nut and does a lot of his own tuning, both on cars and jet ski's. His comment about the MAF sensor being maxed out:

"Since your MAF was maxing out at that point I bet that the engine just gets a fixed amount of fuel afterwards. Which is why it runs lean. MAF sensors typically aren't designed to be used under pressure which is why on most supercharged engines they put them on the intake side of the carger. With the addition of pressure the readings can vary more based on temp and boost level."

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Old 07-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #32
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
I was just talking to one of my friends who is a real car nut and does a lot of his own tuning, both on cars and jet ski's. His comment about the MAF sensor being maxed out:

"Since your MAF was maxing out at that point I bet that the engine just gets a fixed amount of fuel afterwards. Which is why it runs lean. MAF sensors typically aren't designed to be used under pressure which is why on most supercharged engines they put them on the intake side of the carger. With the addition of pressure the readings can vary more based on temp and boost level."

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Old argument: pull through vs blow by the MAF. Adjusting the PE table is an the way a lot of people seem to handle the issue with blow by.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #33
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Update(s)?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #34
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
^
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #35
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Well I did find something out after talking to Tracy last week. I had asked him is it possible that Steve at RDP may have found a work around the MAF issue. Since they managed to get 460 or 470rwhp when tuning last week. He said Steve is very smart and that they may have used a 2 bar MAP sensor for the MAF. I've been researching it and seems like A LOT of cars like the Vette even have this issue. And they use the 2-3 bar MAP sensor to tune around the MAF.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #36
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Well the ecoboost doesn't use a MAF and just appears to use a MAP sensor(s) and has factory widebands so it does a bit of self tuning... So what your saying makes a lot of sense, sense the ecoboost is fairly similar to the LLT.
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #37
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
A Map sensor has always been a great way to get around a maf sensor issue, you can combine both units to do the tuning however you do need to provide a voltage lock to the maf sensor at a lower point (voltage) to where the maf faults out and then continue tuning using a map sensor above this point
THANK YOU STEVE, you are the man for putting this out there. Is this a time consuming and difficult task? Use LLT owners needed this break to solve this issue we have when boosting over 6psi.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #38
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
A Map sensor has always been a great way to get around a maf sensor issue, you can combine both units to do the tuning however you do need to provide a voltage lock to the maf sensor at a lower point (voltage) to where the maf faults out and then continue tuning using a map sensor above this point
Old 08-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #39
NightRiderRS

Drives: Black RS
I know comming from import cars, Hondas specifically, they dont mess around with the stock MAP sensor. Once they start boosting past 5-8 PSI, it's an automatic change of the map sensor. They like to use this one specifically.
http://www.hondata.com/4barmap.html
I've scene people boost upto 22.5 lbs with this sensor.
NightRiderRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #40
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
It seems like a lot if ppl have a piece or even a few pieces to this whole FI LLT DI puzzle. If we could ever get them all together in the same room or at the same fest I bet we might have all the pieces of the puzzle or a very close to having them all.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #41
Willt1984
Bowtie 'til I Die!

Drives: 2011 Camaro CGM LS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Willt1984
updates?
Willt1984 is offline   Reply With Quote