Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #43
Barry626

Drives: 2012 Audi A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
Say no to mark up!
Barry626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:02 PM   #44
BigTrap1967

Drives: 1969 396SS yellow w/ black str
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
And you asked, so I will offer my 2 cents on the IOM/IOM package. I wouldn't get the IOM interior. It may look ok, but from what I've seen of it, I don't think the colors will be that close. I'm getting it for my black 2SS/RS though so I do like it. I feel the same way about Hugger Orange 69s with the orange/black houndstooth. It's too much orange. But look, it's your car and your money. Do what YOU want.

Good luck!

This ain't interior decorating 101. If you have an IOM exterior, and the orange accent interior what the heck does it matter if the shade of the orange is off a bit???? The color of the car changes under different light anyway, so what difference does it make?
I don't care if the grey/black part of the interior is titanium, ebony, or black. Its still going to go with the IOM paint exterior just fine. I'm getting painted aftermarket stripes anyway, so I'll match those to whatever the interior color is (the non orange part) and all will be fine.
Go look at the Mustangs and try to match your interior color to the exterior paint color and you'll find thay are all way off (if you can find them on a dealer lot with any interior color other than black).
Geez...this orange accent interior is sweet and goes with the black exterior, cyber grey, IOM, or silver. So whats the problem with getting it with any different exterior than black?[/QUOTE]
you don't think that is too much orange?
BigTrap1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #45
BigTrap1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrap1967 View Post
This ain't interior decorating 101.* If you have an IOM exterior, and the orange accent interior what the heck does it matter if the shade of the orange is off a bit????* The color of the car changes under different light anyway, so what difference does it make?* I don't care if the grey/black part of the interior is titanium, ebony, or black.* Its still going to go with the IOM paint exterior just fine.* I'm getting painted aftermarket stripes anyway, so I'll match those to whatever the interior color is (the non orange part) and all will be fine.* Go look at the Mustangs and try to match your interior color to the exterior paint color and you'll find thay are all way off (if you can find them on a dealer lot with any interior color other than black).* Geez...this orange accent interior is sweet and goes with the black exterior, cyber grey, IOM, or silver.* So whats the problem with getting it with any different exterior than black?
you don't think that is too much orange?[/QUOTEnot realy i am just worried that the colors won't match.I just bought a 2009 Shelby that is vapor mist with black strips.i thought about getting my camaro the opposite black with silver stripes.would make a nice set don't you think.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #46
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
yea i got a little disappointed a the chevy dealership in my town.I asked them about the camaro at first they wouldn't entertain the idea of ordering a camaro but once i told them what i had done they said exactly what you said that there is no way to guarantee a car by a certain delivery time and they were supposed to get 20 cars in the first cars being v6's.They also suggested that they would probably be asking over sticker but if i could get my deposit back they would sell me one for ONLY 2000$ OVER STICKER.Prime example of what's wrong with the auto industry!!:flag2:
If you can get your money back from the ebay dealer, then most definitely we can all help point you towards the right track where you can have it shipped to the closest Chevy dealer at MSRP or below. You should be able to make changes to your order up until mid January at least as has been mentioned on this forum..

It is possible that the company you work for can get you supplier discount as my wife's does which will save you up to $2000 or more below MSRP depending on your order... I would have never known if I hadn't been on this site and checked the link with all the companies involved with supplier discount. $4,000 over and even $2,000 over is still too much extra money you don't have to spend or it can go towards other upgrades later on or during ordering..

As for IOM it does look like Tomato Soup under certain lighting and more orange in other situations. Don't expect it to look like the Dukes of Hazzard Challenger or even the current Dodge Challenger's you see on the roads in Metallic Hugger Orange..
Old 12-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #47
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
I ordered IOM and looked at the interior IOM package. I dislike the two tone seats and thought it was a little too much. I wish they would just do the orange stitching on black seats with IOM accents on the doors. MY 2 cents.

I hope everything works out I just can't stand dealers that jack people around. I would do everything in my power to get the word out on that dealership. Remember the consumer has the power and rights don't be afraid to use them. If they poke you with a stick simile then hit them with a 5 ton tree.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #48
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Why am I not suprised to find out that Maxie Price is the dealer in question? These guys keep about the biggest Vette inventory in the southeast and I expect a big Camaro inventory as well. It's a great dealership to browse but now you know why they are often referred to locally as "Maximum Price".
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #49
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
By the way what should i pay for a 2ss/rs,iom interior package,sunroof,Hurst shifter,and strips.don,t forget the 4000$ beating that i am taking?
The MSRP for this order is $37,630 so with $4,000 extra that is $41,630 plus sales tax, tag and title. Assuming SC's state sales tax of 6%, that adds to $2,257.80 which brings your total to around $43,887.80 without tag and title, that total may be more if that county is one of the 35 that choose to increase the sales tax to 7 or 8 percent but will also vary depending on if that dealer is out of state and if so whether you choose to pay the sales tax of that state or of SC.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #50
BigTrap1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
The MSRP for this order is $37,630 so with $4,000 extra that is $41,630 plus sales tax, tag and title. Assuming SC's state sales tax of 6%, that adds to $2,257.80 which brings your total to around $43,887.80 without tag and title, that total may be more if that county is one of the 35 that choose to increase the sales tax to 7 or 8 percent but will also vary depending on if that dealer is out of state and if so whether you choose to pay the sales tax of that state or of SC.
does that include destination fee?
Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #51
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Yes
Old 12-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #52
garymac
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 1969SS & future C5 Camaro
Sales tax

Quote:
SC Sales tax is limited to a maximum of $300

http://www.scdmvonline.com/DMVNew/de...?n=titleandreg
garymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #53
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymac View Post
SC Sales tax is limited to a maximum of $300

http://www.scdmvonline.com/DMVNew/de...?n=titleandreg
Oh wow. That helps out a lot on the cost of the car. Since I live an hour from the state line and NC gives you a choice of either paying NC tax (3% on new vehicles) or providing proof of payment that you paid another states sales tax I just may drive to SC and buy my car and save $800.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #54
yenkotown

Drives: Hyundai 2.0T 10 former Corvettes
The orange interior was in one of the cars at SEMA and looked great. I would not feel bad about this color combo on an orange car or any contrasting color. The car is so awesome I could hardly believe how nice it was !!! And I've owned 14 of them and worked around 100's of them, and raced them .....back in the day. None of you will be disappointed.
yenkotown is offline   Reply With Quote