Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-28-2021, 02:54 PM   #1
agt061794

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Helppp misfire!

Car is a 2015 1le LS3 car
Full bolt ons and tuned
Recently got fresh plugs and wires.

So i drove to work last night all was good. Had a fresh tank of fuel it rained all night, i got in it fire it up started driving instantly misfiring, no codes were being thrown except the flashing check engine light, and obviously that disables the trac control and other shit , so i got home unplugged battery and went to sleep so i started it back up after i woke up and ran it , it had Cyl 7 mis fire , and Cyl 7 injector code, so i ran the car unhooked a coil at a time and every coil was firing, then i checked resistance on driver side bank of injectors. All reading around 18 ohms except for injector #7 it has high resistance of like 39 , now usually a shorted injector coil would show no resistance. Soo idk what the **** is going on. I can’t get it to throw a decent code. Attached is a pic of the plug for cylinder #7 the only one that looks like that. All others look good.
I also pulled valve cover and all looks normal there.

Any hell would be appreciated.
agt061794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 04:00 PM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Don't see the pic you attached?

But the poor man mechanic in me says to swap your #7 SP wire with another cylinder and see if the problem follows the wire. If not then try swapping the spark plug to another cylinder as well.

Hopefully this narrows down your issue.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:00 AM   #3
kleanSS

Drives: 2011 SS
I'm in the process of getting a remote tune from PCMNC and after 6-7 tunes, I too am getting misfires on cylinder 7. I hooked up the HPtuner OBD scanner and unable filters for all misfires and history then data logged. I got 6-8 on cylinder 7 but then i see a couple on 2,3 and 8 too. I had done plugs and wires, long tubes and JLT intake then started the tune with them. I checked plugs and wires and they were good. cleaned the MAF sensor while i was looking under there. Now i get 2-3 hits occasionally on the same ones but mostly 0 on the counters. last night threw in some deep fuel cleaner and a fresh tank of 93 as an added measure. these are just some of the things i did to help clear up some. Also, I have not got a CEL which tells me it isn't bad enough yet.
kleanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:23 AM   #4
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1
Coil packs ? Possibly bad ground somewhere .
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote