Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-20-2021, 11:47 PM   #1
Eguash610

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro RS
2015 camaro LT no vacuum suction after spark plug change.

This past Tuesday I changed my spark plugs cause my gas mileage was getting ridiculous. While I was working on plug 3 and 5 they broke 3 was a clean break only the copper thread was left in the well and 5 was a more disaster break but me and my friend made sure we got all the pieces out of any piece was in there. So we get everything back together and start it up. It’s misfiring to all help and would turn off after a couple minutes or even after a couple seconds. We check the packs and the plugs we put in both are good we also checked the wiring going in the packs. All is good. I just bought a different brand of plugs than the ones that were in there. For some reason the plugs I put in weren’t reading well they were but just barely on the tester. So I get new plugs basically the same as the ones I took out ACDelco 41-109. Checked the car again it stays on but it sounds like poop misfires and popping in throttle. So we check the hows from the break vacuum pump I believe that’s what it is it’s a little solanoid looking thing to the left of the throttle body by plug number 1. There’s no suction at all so we trace the hoes and there’s barely any suction at all. I’m just at a stand still cause it was just a simple spark plug change and all this happened. Please if anyone has any advice I’d appreciate it. Sounds ridiculous but this has me stressed to all hell.
Eguash610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Fake AC Delco plugs maybe?
I think there is a pic floating around the net on what the fakes look like.

Damn Chinese fake everything.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 09:41 AM   #3
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Running super rich is a bigger problem than just spark plugs. I had a similar issue when I had my LFX and the high pressure fuel pump inside the engine broke and the charge pipe was leaking fuel all over instead of pressurizing it correctly.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:09 PM   #4
Eguash610

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
Running super rich is a bigger problem than just spark plugs. I had a similar issue when I had my LFX and the high pressure fuel pump inside the engine broke and the charge pipe was leaking fuel all over instead of pressurizing it correctly.
Did you ever get to fix it? And do you remember how much it cost to get it looked at?
Old 08-21-2021, 04:37 PM   #5
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Yeah I fixed it all up and then sold the car.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=26

That's my post of everything done, plus the cost. You can read through that thread too if you want, some info there.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 05:50 PM   #6
Eguash610

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
Yeah I fixed it all up and then sold the car.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=26

That's my post of everything done, plus the cost. You can read through that thread too if you want, some info there.
Okay cool I appreciate it I’ll give it a read!!

Tags
2015 camaro, spark plug, vacuum line