Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-20-2019, 07:48 PM   #71
Alfdawg

Drives: 2014 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwdan View Post
Those are DVC and with that Amp should definitely be louder than you are describing. I would go through your wiring again including the adapter

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
So I tried something and it worked. I turned the subwoofer level on the radio from 0 to +10 and it made a huge difference. But I'm not sure if that's clipping or damaging the amp.
Alfdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:46 PM   #72
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
people STOP buying the fark harness!!!!! it's a waste....
there is a better way to accomplish what you and most people integrating a factory HU into a "system" you should use this i had 1 of these and it worked great
https://www.ebay.com/p/AudioControl-...xoCtGYQAvD_BwE
i have been a audiocontrol guy for over 25 years. then in my next car i went to a LC7i to have a 4 channel and subwoofer but the LC2i is all most will need.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiocontro...wAAOSwoMddMgkd

Last edited by lemontwist; 07-21-2019 at 07:34 AM.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:14 AM   #73
Ponchonutty

Drives: 2012 SS L99 Converible
/\/\ditto/\/\ I’m amazed at how much people get ripped off with the Fark harnesses. AudioComtrol all day long FTW! The stock radio decreases bass response the louder you turn it up. That’s why trying to tune the aftermarket subs are a pain with regular rca converters or high level inputs. AudioControl keeps the bass from rolling off. People around me can’t believe how awesome I can make a stock system sound with their products. Cool thing is they also offer a bass control knob too!
Old 07-21-2019, 07:41 AM   #74
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchonutty View Post
/\/\ditto/\/\ I’m amazed at how much people get ripped off with the Fark harnesses. AudioComtrol all day long FTW! The stock radio decreases bass response the louder you turn it up. That’s why trying to tune the aftermarket subs are a pain with regular rca converters or high level inputs. AudioControl keeps the bass from rolling off. People around me can’t believe how awesome I can make a stock system sound with their products. Cool thing is they also offer a bass control knob too!
X2 i have the bass knob and my "stock" vw radio sounded amazing.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:40 AM   #75
green69gto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1le
I have my stereo hooked up with the harness, and deal with the falling bass issue. I have a lc7i in transit. What would be the best way to wire the lc7i?
green69gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:38 AM   #76
boomerbsg

Drives: White 2010 Camaro SS Automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by green69gto View Post
I have my stereo hooked up with the harness, and deal with the falling bass issue. I have a lc7i in transit. What would be the best way to wire the lc7i?
Is your head unit the stock one?
I was under the assumption, due to what i've read, the bass roll off was actually the amp rolling the bass off, and not the head unit.

I used the FARK harness myself, and it's been working well, i'm happy with how its coming along, too. But it seems since i replaced my stock amp i dont have an issue with bass roll off like i did before...

Im gonna make due with the stock head unit for a while longer.. but i can see myself changing it down the road..

cheers.
boomerbsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:05 AM   #77
Alfdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
I think it’s that box you have. I had the same one, and it just sounded like the sub couldn’t breath. I also have a Sundown SA 12. I dropped down to one of them, and managed to fix the biggest Turbo Bass box in trunk for it. Got rid of the the prefab camaro box. It hits way harder then my 2 12s kicker CVR I had in that box you have.
I think you are right. I think my problem is the box. Do you have a video of how yours sound with the one sa 12?
Old 07-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #78
green69gto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1le
Yes I am running the stock head unit. Is there a way to incorporate the harness to add the lc7i? Could I use the output wires from the fark to line input on the lc7i?
green69gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:25 AM   #79
DirtyredSS

Drives: 2011 SS A6/ 1994 Pontiac T/A M6
Lemontwist, How do or did you wire the lc7i ?
DirtyredSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:29 AM   #80
DirtyredSS

Quote:
Yes I am running the stock head unit. Is there a way to incorporate the harness to add the lc7i? Could I use the output wires from the fark to line input on the lc7i?
I tried this in my 11SS AND GOT ALOT OF INTERFERENCE FROM ALT WINE AND THROTTLE WIRE.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:38 AM   #81
DirtyredSS

Quote:
Hey man I’m going thru the same shit right now. I’ve tried the fark. I have the lc7i now and I’m trying to figure it all out. And yes I’m keeping the stock hu. Seen that I need to pull from before stock amp. It’s definitely a real pain in the ass. Hope we can figure this out.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:50 PM   #82
Alfdawg

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

A few people on this thread was right. It was the box. The box wasnt giving the subs enough airspace. I couldn't get a big enough box for them subs so I downgraded to two sundown audio sa 10s in a custom box. The subs are hitting how I expect now. But I like the sound of the 12s better. They deeper and hit harder.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #83
c5dreamer

Drives: Tacoma/2LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfdawg View Post
Yes everything is hooked up correctly. I had it double checked. And I am using a bass knob. Can it be a bad ground? Or defective amplifier?
Where did you ground your amp?
c5dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:09 AM   #84
Ashik Rex

Drives: no
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfdawg View Post
I just got my 4 channel and subwoofer amp installed. The 4 channel amp is jl audio xd400/4v2 and the sub amp is sundown audio sae 2000d. I have the fark harness and the sub amp is hooked to the pass thru on the jl audio amp. And I also have 2 sundown sa 12s in a ported box tuned to 33hz. My subwoofers isnt as loud as I expected. But I noticed if I turn the bass amps up on the factory headunit the subwoofers get louder but also does the bass in the speakers and it sound horrible. And also the subs sound good at about 15 but if I go pass that they dont get any louder. So is the factory head unit the problem? Is there a way I can control the subs and speakers separately? Like on an aftermarket radio.
Music is only as great as the sound output it exudes. This statement holds true especially for the parties and other outdoor activities. It is such events that require uncompromised sound quality. The amplifiers are the pieces of equipment which make these possible.
Ashik Rex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio head unit subs, audio upgrade, audio upgrade boston acoustics