Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #29
Lead Feet Performance

Drives: n/a
CAI is the best in the business folks. From the quality of construction to the look and performance, there just isn't a better cold air intake system out there! You can buy the other air intake systems out there while your buddies with the CAI system blow right past you! I agree with "blackflag", buy the best the first time and you won't be wasting your money!
Lead Feet Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #30
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Before I bought my CAI I read a thread on here (somewhere) that rated all of the ones that are available for the Camaro and Cold Air Inductions came out on top for increased HP. Performance, looks and build quality are top shelf plus they gave me a free T shirt at the last BBOMG.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #31
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumLabowski View Post
So you have to relocate the w/w bottle with the CAI CAI?
No, our CAI requires no further modifications whatsoever.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #32
Drew 2012 RS

Drives: 2012 RS CONVERTIBLE w/IOM stripe
I have the best and it is hands down the CAI...sound is also amazing...but recently installed MRT 2.0's and thats about all you hear now....
Drew 2012 RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #33
bluecam805
Team LFX

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Let me try and clarify a few things:

Not sure what you are reffering to abou the bottom lid?? Our intake box is designed to keep out hot air and suck in cool air. For that reason we put a lid on it so it does not suck in hot engine bay air, and the bottom is open and pulls air from outside of the vehicle where it is coolest.

Your engine is essentially an air pump, and if it is naturally aspirated it is only going to pump or pull in so much air. On a N/A vehicle more important than trying to pull in more air, which isn't going to happen because the KPA will be the same anyways, cooler air will get you more HP and other gains. That is why we focus as much as possible on keeping the IAT low. Afterall, you're spending your hard earned money on a cold air intake....right?
i didnt think you guys would go that far to put a bottom lid. yes all this is true and every company from KNN to Air Aid to roto fab apply the SIMPLE 'ENGINEERING' rules to a COLD air intake system. its the simple rule to block heat soak and keep cool air coming in. as c.i.a asserts "if it is naturally aspirated it is only going to pump or pull in so much air" therefore any intake does the job, only thing is to keep it cool. and only thing seperating C.I.A from the rest of the other intakes is a closed lid and the insaltaion. Even then i dont believe you need so much insalation and protection to block heat from the engine. the other intakes use the hood and works perfectly. If you wana pay 2 hundred more dollars for that, buy c.i.a.

And the SCOOP CAN BE ADDED TO ANY INTAKE .it can be purchased seperatley.

And about the rubbing? my Roto fab sits perfect and im extremely happy with the gains ive recieved with it.

Its hard enough to spend 300 on a plastic tube with a cone that frees up air..going c.a.i would really empty your pockets. i say save the extra hundred or so and intead get a scoop with your intake or invest in the next mod
bluecam805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #34
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Feet Performance View Post
CAI is the best in the business folks. From the quality of construction to the look and performance, there just isn't a better cold air intake system out there! You can buy the other air intake systems out there while your buddies with the CAI system blow right past you! I agree with "blackflag", buy the best the first time and you won't be wasting your money!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN SS View Post
Before I bought my CAI I read a thread on here (somewhere) that rated all of the ones that are available for the Camaro and Cold Air Inductions came out on top for increased HP. Performance, looks and build quality are top shelf plus they gave me a free T shirt at the last BBOMG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew 2012 RS View Post
I have the best and it is hands down the CAI...sound is also amazing...but recently installed MRT 2.0's and thats about all you hear now....
Thanks guys!!! Glad to hear you are happy with our product, we try and put something out there we can be proud to stand behind! Thanks for choosing Cold Air Indutions Inc.!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #35
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
I run the CAI kit... I get a lot of compliments on it every time I'm at a show... (it's even one of the pics on their page).. I have considered getting the washer relo kit and the cold air scoop... Just haven't gotten around to it.

Though, I can say that I've seen the Roto-Fab piece as well and have no complaints on it.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #36
Sales @ CAI Inc

[QUOTE=HumanWiki;5095634]I run the CAI kit... I get a lot of compliments on it every time I'm at a showQUOTE]

I love to hear that!!