Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Walk around and inspect your car after a service at a dealer!

I am so glad that I did a walk around of my vehicle with the service advisor when I picked up my car. Normally, I would not have done it. But this time they had my car for over 3 weeks. I found damage on three sides, plus a wheel and the windshield.

Today, the Service manager signed the "estimate for repair" from my body shop for $3600.00 in repairs, not including the wheel.

If I had not done this walk around, I am sure that my claims of damage would have been denied.

lesson learned, inspect your cars, no one cares about your car like you do.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #2
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I do that after i park anywhere besides the house

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Body-removed stock decals had painted in inferno orange
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
I am so glad that I did a walk around of my vehicle with the service advisor when I picked up my car. Normally, I would not have done it. But this time they had my car for over 3 weeks. I found damage on three sides, plus a wheel and the windshield.

Today, the Service manager signed the "estimate for repair" from my body shop for $3600.00 in repairs, not including the wheel.

If I had not done this walk around, I am sure that my claims of damage would have been denied.

Bad news that it happened.
Good news that you caught it and seems to be minimal hassle to fix.

Did you do anything when you dropped off the car? something on current condition?

How many ZL1s are there in Hawaii? And do you ever take it to other islands? I assume you are on Oahu. Nevermind, it says you are in Honolulu.
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #4
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Good advice,
I would also add to do a function check, right there in the lot before you actually move the car.
check the headlights, radio, A/C, etc.
I had an underdrive pulley installed at Pohanka Chevy in Fairfax late last year.
A day or so later i noticed my A/C did not get cold. i took the car back, and as it turns out the A/C compressor is directly behind the flywheel and the compressor was cracked. They replaced it free of charge, so hats off to them, but make sure you check out your ride before you leave.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohper View Post
I do that after i park anywhere besides the house

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This X 100
Old 01-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #6
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Yeah, so true. I try and make sure mine is spotless if I take it in so I can see everything clearly when they give it back.

The got me on the hood, I didn't notice til I got home, I fixed it, but still, I'll check from now on.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #7
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
Bad news that it happened.
Good news that you caught it and seems to be minimal hassle to fix.

Did you do anything when you dropped off the car? something on current condition?

How many ZL1s are there in Hawaii? And do you ever take it to other islands? I assume you are on Oahu. Nevermind, it says you are in Honolulu.
No checks when I dropped it off. I do feel that it is thier responsibility to cover thier butts, when a car is dropped off - heck, that same dealer runs a car rental place which requires a walk around before giving you a rental car.

Last year, when I was shopping, it seemed all the local dealers had 1 or 2 zl1's for the year. That would put about 6 to 10 ZL1's on this island. I have never seen another one all year long. They must all be stored and unenjoyed somewhere.

Any other ZL1 camaro5 guys in Hawaii reading this forum???
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
Old 01-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #8
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
This X 100

Same here. I just assumed that a dealer, that knows how special a ZL1 is, would take better care of one.

Next time Cadillac dealer, for sure.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Good advice,
I would also add to do a function check, right there in the lot before you actually move the car.
check the headlights, radio, A/C, etc.
I had an underdrive pulley installed at Pohanka Chevy in Fairfax late last year.
A day or so later i noticed my A/C did not get cold. i took the car back, and as it turns out the A/C compressor is directly behind the flywheel and the compressor was cracked. They replaced it free of charge, so hats off to them, but make sure you check out your ride before you leave.
HAh, actually, the heated seats didn't function after that service either. They will have to look at it next time. oh well.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #10
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:

...good advice for any car going to any shop to be left for any service. I have noticed phantom dings and scratches from dropping off cars and then observing them after I got it home. It makes one nutty...was it there before..or did it happen there.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #11
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Last year, when I was shopping, it seemed all the local dealers had 1 or 2 zl1's for the year. That would put about 6 to 10 ZL1's on this island. I have never seen another one all year long. They must all be stored and unenjoyed somewhere.

Any other ZL1 camaro5 guys in Hawaii reading this forum???
Heck, I live in a suburb of Detroit, The Motor City, and my drive to and from work takes me right thu Detroit ever working day.
Mine was delivered 8-27-2012, and during the summer, it's a DD. I've got 13,000 miles on it now, and during that entire time, I haven't seen a single ZL1 on the road or freeway.
None.

Oh they're out there allright, we have several in our cub alone, and see many at the car shows, but ZERO on city streets.
???

We're getting a few inches of snow right now. I wish I was in Hawaii.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #12
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...me neither, theres about three total in my extended area...and I only saw one other at a car show locally. They are Sunday driver, fair weather rides for the most part. A toy..of epic proportions...
Old 01-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #13
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:

Yes, I do it before with the service advisor and the tech and then again when it is returned. I have already had to have a front wheel replaced on my very first oil change and did not see it until I washed the car 4 days later. The dealer had to replace the rim. Was not cheap, but they did it as warranty. The funny thing though was when they told me to bring my car in when the rim got there so they could take the car down the street to have the rim swapped, I was like HELL NO. If you can't pull my car into a service bay without damaging a rim then what makes you think you are going to drive down the street. I just meet the rim at the Discount Tire store when it came in. The nerve of some people. I also have some good stories of service on my wife's car. Like a very small oil leak that took the dealer 6 months to fix. Talking about service stress. I think that most service techs just don't get what it means to actually be in service and actually take pride in your work. And lets not mention the FREAKING greasy had prints that you have to clean off when you get your car back. OK I am done for now.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #14
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I did exactly that when I picked up my car today for a replacement supercharger. No exterior scratches, they did bend some of the fins on the air filter when re installing it onto the Roto-Fab. No worries I can tweak them straight. This dealer does a lot of Corvettes and you know how some Corvette owners can get?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote