Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #309
Malice

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
After Viewing the stock system and installing several cat back systems I Was disappointed but NOT surprised that we did not see any gains on the dyno.

The Restricition in the system is the Cats and Manifolds.

Our Street brawler package uses stock Mufflers.
I can see why you haven't posted a comparisson chart for this like you did for the intakes. It would piss off alot of exhaust makers, and murder exhaust sales.

What is your "brawler package"? I don't see it on your website.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #310
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
If this is true, why are some many companies selling cat back systems for hundreds of dollars and in many cases well over a thousand dollars if it adds no HP gains. Also, many of these companies are claiming anywhere from 10HP to 15HP gains. Are they all lying?
Jannetty sells performance parts, so he has nothing to gain (and actually, money to lose) by saying that, so why would HE lie? Has anyone selling exhaust laid down before/after dyno sheets that prove their exhaust adds any hp?

Quote:
If anyone has put a cat back system on their car and has some proven gains (dyno sheet) please post them.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #311
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Well they sound faster, so they must make more power right Saw the same thing on both V8 & V6 CTS's.
If you do it for the sound fine, but the power increase is zip.

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #312
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
I have a philosophy, Tell the Truth no matter how much it hurts, Trust is earned not bought, Honor is valuable.

I think anyone who spends they're Hard earned cash deserves The Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the truth.

I would install a Corsa on my car in a minute just for the sound and the look.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #313
Malice

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I have a philosophy, Tell the Truth no matter how much it hurts, Trust is earned not bought, Honor is valuable.

I think anyone who spends they're Hard earned cash deserves The Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the truth.

I would install a Corsa on my car in a minute just for the sound and the look.

Ted.
Well, if thats the way you really feel about it..............

Lets see the results!

Alot of people install axle-backs or catbacks just for the sound, but I personally, want extra performance. If there is no performance to be gained, I'd prefer to stay quiet.

I leave for work at 6am everyday. I don't need to wake my neighbors up that early with a rowdy exhaust note if I'm not gaining power. Have you tested the GMPP street axleback?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #314
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
I leave for work at 6am everyday. I don't need to wake my neighbors up that early with a rowdy exhaust note if I'm not gaining power. Have you tested the GMPP street axleback?
Similarly to you, I don't want to plunk down hundreds/thousands of dollars just for sound. If there's no other difference, I'm not getting an exhaust. The car sounds a lot better now at 3200 miles than it did when I bought it, so it may naturally sound meaner and louder anyway the more I drive it.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #315
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered. To what extent can the CAI comparisons for the V8 translate to the V6? I really don't like the loud raspy sound from the v6 exhausts I have heard, so I'm thinking the CAI is going to be the best bet for a mod.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:16 AM   #316
Mzodarg
Remembering those in Blue

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Blk w/IOM Int
You can't convince me that there is no performance gain on the L99 stock exhaust vs. a unrestricted aftermarket (insert brand_______) exhaust. It may be only 5-10 both sides but for those of us who have an L99 and the restricted resonator just after the Cats, and now have an aftermarket Exhaust can attest to what I am talking about. I have no Dyno proof, but my experience in the Harley world is what I base my theory on.

The truth will set you Free :o)

Just my thoughts,
Mike
Old 11-27-2009, 07:29 AM   #317
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachocheese View Post
Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered. To what extent can the CAI comparisons for the V8 translate to the V6? I really don't like the loud raspy sound from the v6 exhausts I have heard, so I'm thinking the CAI is going to be the best bet for a mod.
I am not sure how many choices you have for the V6, but I am sure they are all fine.

A Smaller engine should see a smaller gain but still a gain.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #318
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
Hey I still don't understand your cai chart stuff. It looks like with rot fab the avg gain in hp is actually -.8 which means it lost power. Yet it gains power on the peak numbers and I don't understand the other stuff. So did this intake perform well or same as stock? Does it give you better throttle response? What benefits if any do you gain from buying this instead of leaving it stock? It looks like maybe I should get adm but I like the roto better but, your chart shows no gains for roto fab. If you prefer not to talk on here could you pm with some info about this stuff to better understand it all.
madmaxx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #319
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
Are you saying cat back systems are adding no additional hp to these cars?
MagnaFlow has a chart out that shows a 15hp gain over stock with there 16580 system. 16580 is a 2.5" cat back/muffler delete. Is that hp gain accurate or is it false advertisment??? Please help, I was going to order that system today!!!! Ted, Can you clarify this for us, PLEASE???
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #320
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
Hey I still don't understand your cai chart stuff. It looks like with rot fab the avg gain in hp is actually -.8 which means it lost power. Yet it gains power on the peak numbers and I don't understand the other stuff. So did this intake perform well or same as stock? Does it give you better throttle response? What benefits if any do you gain from buying this instead of leaving it stock? It looks like maybe I should get adm but I like the roto better but, your chart shows no gains for roto fab. If you prefer not to talk on here could you pm with some info about this stuff to better understand it all.
I would like to hear Ted's reply to these questions. Ted, if you prefer not discuss one make over another publicly, I understand. If so, please PM me also. Thank you. I will purchase either CAI or RF from you after I sort out the differences.
Alfie
Old 12-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #321
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
I'm no expert but I just find it soo difficult to believe that there is no HP gain by swapping out the stock cat-back exhaust. My understanding was if you want to change the sound then go with an axle-back exhaust and if you wanted to bump up the performance then go with the cat-back. I'm not in any form or fashion implying that Ted is lying or doesn't know his stuff. It's just a very disappointing thing for most (especially the one's who spent $1200 or more) to hear after spending some good $$$ and being lied to about it's HP gains. That pisses me off.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #322
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
I think that it's also important to note which systems were tested by Ted. As not all exhaust are made the same, this is something that we all can agree on. Ted, i don't know if you care to elaborate on this for us...

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote