Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #43
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
You did not pay for a GM marketing Study -- we DID want to see where peoples' thoughts were so that we can adjust supply to demand.
Yet the build ratio is still 50/50 even though the "marketing study" told you the ratio is 80/20 in favor of the V8. I'm not seeing where the adjustment is...
Old 01-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #44
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
They can build them at the pl;ant they have now at a rate reasonable to everyone. The trouble is that they are hell-bent on making V-6 lot cars instead of V-8 ordered cars.

In spite of all the soothing comments and calming of nerves goimng on around here, I can assure you that the "Allocation Lottery" is DEFINITELY AND WITH NO DOUBT going to BURN quite a few of the enthusiasts because of their geographic location and proximity of competent dealerships and population density.

Many of you are going to be pleasantly surprised how fast your car comes... but I'm sure that 25-35% of you are going to have to swallow a bitter pill. At that point you're going to be outnumbered and beaten down for complaining about it by those lucky ones who got theirs.

It happened with the 4th gens and it will happen again. I am speaking from personal experience with the idiotic order process.
For a better overall production proccess they need to make V6s as well. The people on this board do not represent the average person buying a car. The people on this board all want to be the first one on the block with a V8. some people are going to get frustrated that they dont get theres FIRST. But realize that its nothing against you. Its not because GM doesnt care. Its because its not practical. If GM wanted to they could set production to be only V8s for MY 2010 and set MSRP at 60k then drop MY2011 and go.

I am not sure what you think GM doesnt care. They are trying to bring the car to market considering a host of factors. And customer satisfaction is one (if not the most important).
Old 01-10-2009, 12:43 AM   #45
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Don't repost a link to the IDL Vid again. Anyone that does so will be banned. We will respect GM's request.
I hear you and I'll be on for quite a while tonight.

GM does not want it. We will NOT post it. End of story. We appreciate everyone's cooperation in this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Yet the build ratio is still 50/50 even though the "marketing study" told you the ratio is 80/20 in favor of the V8. I'm not seeing where the adjustment is...
Didn't that go up from the previous 30% V8's and 70% V6's? Just with the new "test to see where everyone is at," I'd say GM quickly saw that there was going to be a higher demand for V8's....hence the higher 50/50 ratio. What you have to remember is that there's going to be thousands of people who want V6's but aren't as die hards as us who join Camaro enthusiast boards to discuss this stuff everyday. They WILL eventually buy the car, but their vote has not been cast yet. So far, I've seen a ratio flip flop...the previous majority being V6's with little V8's...(AND THE SKY FELL AND THE WORLD STOPPED TURNING) and now we see they've adjusted.

The simple truth is we can't let ourselves go nuts w/out having hard, factual information in front of us. I see no point. There will be so many more orders placed as we get closer to production.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #46
Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Because the initial order does not reprsent steady state which is what you design a line around.

Because it is not practical to retool, rebalance, and ramp a SC up.

Why do people think GM is out to get them or screw them? It seriously baffles me how a company that has been as enganged with the customer base as GM lately could be construded as agains the customer?

I just think that you people are destined to think negatively and assume that things are the worst.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:54 AM   #47
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
The simple truth is we can't let ourselves go nuts w/out having hard, factual information in front of us.
I'll take your advice and sit out for a while. Just very dissapointed right now.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:54 AM   #48
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Censoring the IDL video, ending the thread on the delay/allocation...are we Americans or not?
Old 01-10-2009, 01:00 AM   #49
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Censoring the IDL video, ending the thread on the delay/allocation...are we Americans or not?
You weren't meant to see that video. Too much misinformation in the IDL thread. And I am not American
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #50
Cleric

http://www.franchisedistriblaw.net/

This website lists lawsuits between franchise and franchisers. Now realize that each state has its own law and GM must adbide by all of it.

If you dont like then get your state to get ride of it.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #51
Stevo

Yeah, yo right dat mus be way too much fo me to knowed bout down here South of South!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:14 AM   #52
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Yeah, yo right dat mus be way too much fo me to knowed bout down here South of South!
Hey, a Cajun is just the great great great great great grandkid of a Canadian who was smart enough to head south
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-10-2009, 01:15 AM   #53
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Sure, we are americans!

But,

IDL video is never intended for the public...hence why only ONE dealer put it out there. We were asked to take it down. We did.

As nicely as I can remind everyone, we do have the freedom of speech...but this is a privately owned website (notice no sponsors telling US what to do!!!) which means if we, the mods and admins, want to do something, we can. We don't like to do that (since it can upset a few people), but we have no problem in doing so (for the betterment of the community). But, to keep in the good graces of GM and have their employees keep coming here (and to keep the information they want private, held private) we will abide by their wishes (or most of them...*poke, poke*)
Old 01-10-2009, 01:17 AM   #54
Stevo

Bye DGthe3/Fbodfather/etc.

I have seen da light.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:24 AM   #55
VICTORY RED 1SS
booyaah

Drives: VICTORY RED 1SS
Quote:

I have seen da light.
on the switch, up=on

Last edited by VICTORY RED 1SS; 01-10-2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: old post was too harsh
Old 01-10-2009, 01:28 AM   #56
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:

I have seen da light.
Light? Who turned on the lights?!?! I'm going to bed, it's late and too much fun today. Being a V6 pre-order guy, at no time did I feel different from Friday morning to Saturday morning about the Camaro.

Only that the Door sills are a option.... gotta add those to my Camaro!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!

Closed Thread