Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
FnD

Drives: 2013-SS1-M6-CRT
Jannetty and SCT -X4 - Go for it!!!

As you can see I have a '13 1SS. I recently installed Pfadt Tri-Y headers and hf cats to the already installed CAI and ported throttle body. So after installation of the headers I got the standard check engine light codes.

I decided then that it was time for a tune. I decided to go with Jannetty Racing for my tuning needs. From the start of the order to the end of the tuning process Mr. Jannetty answered all of my questions and treated me with respect. When you receive your SCT-x4 Jannetty Racing includes rock solid instructions on how to download your stock tune, which file to email to Mr. Jannety and how to install the tune. Perfect.

Everybody on the forum always states that the camaro comes to life after a tune and I always said to myself how much? ... Well you will be pleasantly surprised. It's not just power. The throttle response and feel of the engine is awesome.

If you are concerned about tuning your car or the process don't be just Go for it!!!
FnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
ehcsa5

Drives: 2012 camaro 1ss/rs
how much did this cost and how long was the entire process to get it tuned i have the same problem oh the darn cel after headers and needing a tune myself
ehcsa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
FnD

Drives: 2013-SS1-M6-CRT
The price for the SCT -X4 and the tune are under $600 if you have what I have in mods. The day after I got the tuner I downloaded the the stock file to it and sent it to Mr. Jannetty. That same day I had the tune and installed it. My car threw a o2 sensor code a couple days later (Mr. Jannetty said it might). I emailed him what happened and the code and he had another tune to me in 15 minutes.
FnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
While I got mine and the tune elsewhere, I strongly agree. The X4 is a great unit, and JRE has tuning down to a science.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #5
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I've had my JRE tune for over 2 years and 25K miles. Car runs like a champ.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #6
Rdphish73

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey LS-3 RS/2SS Coupe
Ditto. Mad mad props to Jennetty! My car has 40,000 miles on my Jannetty tuned car. I've never had an issue. Plus the service and professionalism Ted puts out is second to none. TJ FTW!
2012 AGM LS-3 RS/SS: Airaid CAI, Ceramic Coated Dynatech SuperMaxx LT Headers, High Flow Cats, Borla "S-Type" Cat-Back Exhaust, Ted Jannetty Tuned, LS-3 Cowl Badging, RS/SS Fender Badging. Custom Bow-Ties by Lupe
Rdphish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Thank you all for the nice write ups and kind words, We will continue to Strive for Excellence in Tuning, parts sales and customer service.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote