Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-10-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
Chris_Seale

Drives: 2013 A6 LS
Nitto Motivo Tires

Hi, long term stalker here. Finally joined! I have a 2013 Camaro 2LS. With only 20,000 miles on it, I just picked some OEM wheels and tires from a 2012 SS for 500 in great shape. The tires are nitto Motivo I was wondering how these tires were in the summer. In wet and dry conditions I drive spirted sometimes but not too often. I took the car out the other night and the new tires felt like they had a lot less traction then the stock OEM LS steelies. Thank you! Sure does look better with the 20s on it compared to the 18s.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
Chris_Seale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Have them on my SS & love them. During the 'summer' they handle & ride great (it's pretty much summer here all but a couple of months out of the year). As far as in wet weather, they handle fairly well; I've driven through some pretty good rain storms and they held the road just fine. The tread life appears to be fairly good as well, have almost as many miles on them now as I did when I had to replace the original tires and still have plenty of tread left. I will definitely be buying them again when the time comes
Old 02-10-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
blewbyyou

Drives: Dusk SE
I have to disagree with welker2 dry they are just ok wet they suck here in Florida we get a small rain shower and all the oil comes to the surface of the roads we call it black ice and I will not be buying these again I`m going to look at continentals next time around.
blewbyyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #4
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Have had them for 20k. Like em year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #5
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewbyyou View Post
I have to disagree with welker2 dry they are just ok wet they suck here in Florida we get a small rain shower and all the oil comes to the surface of the roads we call it black ice and I will not be buying these again I`m going to look at continentals next time around.
I kind of have to agree with you on this. I ran the Motivos for just over 50k miles - mostly freeway miles. Great treadlife, that's for sure. But traction was always questionable once the roads got wet. Sometimes, it was fine. Other times, I got sick of stability or traction control kicking in for no good reason.

Dry weather was alright.

Having said that, I switched to BFG Comp2 A/S a few thousand miles ago. Vast improvement over the Motivos in every way - especially in the rain. Prices were comparable to the Nittos.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:20 PM   #6
PK Auto Design

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS 1LE
Their a high treadlife A/S tire specifically made for Discount Tires if not mistaken. Their ok not super grippy more for all around driving and high mileage life.

For more grip you have to go for a more high performance A/S or summer tire.
PK Auto Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:28 AM   #7
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
Love my Nitto Motivo tires. Noticed huge difference between them and the stock Pirelli tires. I will def be buying these tires again when needed.
I haven't had any traction issues on wet roads....but lucky for me...rarely rains in Vegas.

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote