Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-19-2018, 07:32 AM   #1
woyster_13ss

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS
Uneven Brake Pad Wear

2013 Camaro SS, ~44,000 miles. I had been noticing some noises and strange feeling in the pedal so I checked my brake pads. On the right front Brembo, the inner pad is worn quite a bit more than the outer pad. Any ideas on what could cause this? Seems like the inner pad was sticking maybe? I'm going to bleed it, but is there anything else I should do as I put everything back together with new front pads and rotor?
Attached Images

6.2L V8, NPP, Manual 6-Speed, GM Performance Shifter, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Bo White's Stage III Ported TB, Sunroof, Window Tint, Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harnesses, 5000k LED DRL Bulbs, APEX Skip Shift Eliminator, Hood Spears / Front & Rear Blackout Panels / Gills from Big Worm Graphix, Gary's Customz Front & Rear Painted Bowties, Powdercoated Wheels & Camaro Badges, Painted Calipers, Plastidipped Taillight Bezels
woyster_13ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
before bleeding do this...http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html
get all that nasty clutch dust fluid out first BEFORE doing a 4 corner bleed....and remember...our cars brake system is setup in x pattern...

so right rear then left front..then left r and r front.....inner pistons first...I use a hand held vac pump and pull at least an oz or more until the new fluid is pulled thru..

now this does not flush the ABS so you can either go out after and do some high speed brake lockups to get the system to pulse or gonna need a tech II...good luck!

peace

btw - have the rotors checked and/or turned...since I use stock type replacement I usually replace the rotors and pads as a set...and when you compress the caliper pistons u can usually tell if it's stickin....l8tr
Old 05-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
The inner pad is receiving more pressure from the pistons as they are being pushed out. I don't think this is very unusual. That said, mine have worn more evenly.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
Clean everything and use a good high temp anti seize to lube the pins when you re assemble. This is not uncommon and is much more likely to be due to dirty pins and contact points than stuck caliper pistons, check for any type of ridge or damage on your sliding points.