Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #29
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Schedule of upcoming events:

February 16th, 2009
Start of Coupe Production

First Quarter 2009
Start of Sale

FEEL THE LOVE PEOPLE, FEEL THE CAMARO LOVE! :patriot:
OK the end of the first quarter is the end of March, how can they get the cars made (enough to ship out) in just over a month? What some of us been hearing the car should be in Dealerships by Feb. the production starts like oct.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #30
Kelton00912

Drives: Blue 2005 gmc sierra denali
Thats whats up! i cant wait to order my new camaro! i hope the pricing isnt that out of wack! im speaking for everyone lol
Old 07-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #31
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
my guess

V6
LS $21,000
LT $23,000
LT2 $24,000
RS package $2500

V8
base $28,000
SS2 $31,000
RS package $2000
I believe your #'s are more realistic (if you listen to what Scott has hinted).

The only thing I have a hard time agreeing with is the price of the RS package on the SS. It's only giving HID/Halo Healights, DarkerTinted Taillights, and specially coated wheels (no change in size). $1500 is the most I can see that costing.

On the V6, yes I can agree around $2500. The V6 RS gets HID/Halo Headlights, DarkerTinted Taillights, Specially coated 20" Wheels and a Spoiler.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #32
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I believe your #'s are more realistic (if you listen to what Scott has hinted).

The only thing I have a hard time agreeing with is the price of the RS package on the SS. It's only giving HID/Halo Healights, DarkerTinted Taillights, and specially coated wheels (no change in size). $1500 is the most I can see that costing.

On the V6, yes I can agree around $2500. The V6 RS gets HID/Halo Headlights, DarkerTinted Taillights, Specially coated 20" Wheels and a Spoiler.
yeah i was just thinking that maybe there were extra options for the SS RS package that you couldnt get on the V6. probably wrong though.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #33
K-soldier

Drives: mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Nissan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Indeed you are right. They will leave the ass raping for us Canadians. Probably a solid 10-20% over USD. Like every other manufacturer out there, with every other vehicle.

I know M$#@er F$#@%Rs they rape Canadians with every car. its funny how Canadians have to pay 20% more for no reason while the car is actually built here.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #34
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
Pink. I hope your right about the prices as my wife has now decided she wants a Blue w/White stripe LT/RS. I would rather spend 50K instead of 60K. And one again I'll say to whoever is in the Cleveland area go to Dick Bigelow Chevrolet in Parma Hts. I've spoken with the sales manager many times and he has told me that the have never charged a "Market Adjustment" for any vehicle inc. the Vette and never will! Just FYI.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #35
lakers

Drives: cars
anyone else notice the rs package in the survey was between $1100-1600? i think thats a pretty good indication of what we can expect
Old 08-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #36
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
I'm thinking it will be $20,000. But hey, anyone can throw numbers out there, because Chevy hasn't released any information yet. No, there isn't a dealer with an "inside track" on the pricing.

I'm getting PM's already asking why I can't mark cars up so "we" can make a buck on the most anticipated car ever.....Well, because we have decided "we" are MSRP or LESS on the Camaro......THAT'S WHY!

Go ahead - MARK THEM UP - post them up here.....Let's see the ANTICIPATION you get!
So Scotty from the perspective of a dealer how much do you see you guys priceing the LT/RS w/ the sound system? I just want to know what SCOTTY thinks not everyone's speculation.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #37
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post
So Scotty from the perspective of a dealer how much do you see you guys priceing the LT/RS w/ the sound system? I just want to know what SCOTTY thinks not everyone's speculation.
I don't even want to become one of those speculating dealers. I like presenting facts, as fast as I can (or rumors if they came from a reliable source).

What will I speculate on? ok, here I go. The 2010 will be less than the 2011.

The 2008's have been creeping up throughout the year. Now the 2009 Malibu's base price is even more. How do I get around this? I'll just do a locate for a car that is equipped the way a customer wants it, then sort by price. It will be an older unit in terms of days, but hey, it's the same car. That's been a deal maker for me (and I'm sure a few other sales staff lurking here).

That's the other nice thing - I don't see a Camaro being on our lot for quite some time. I think if I have an spot for an order, it will be filled by a customer (thanks to those I've talked to). Some will wait, some will be right away. But I think the dealers who "don't know anything about the Camaro" will have a hard time selling it ( as any dealership who has people who don't know their product )...When their offered a Malibu in trade, or if they have a customer that wants another chevy car in OUR inventory to sell their customers, we'll ask for a Camaro in trade. We won't always get one, but it does get us cars. Just another way to make our customers happy.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #38
RadarJammer

Drives: 06 Mustang GT
Dang, I kinda wish I was in Camaro Scotty's area. If I was, come February I would be ordering from you Scotty, but alas I have to find a dealer around the DFW area that will be as honest and dedicated as yourself.

Keep up the good work
Old 08-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #39
John FInley

Drives: 2004 Kia Spectra
I went to Graff Chevrolet in Grand Prairie, TX last Friday. The manager on duty said that they will not mark up their Camaros. I think his name was Grover.... Anyway, I went there to drive a Cobalt ss for the heck of it. They didn't have any, but we talked about the new Camaro. I actually believe him! He said that while he was at Steakly Chevrolet, they wouldn't do that either. Sadly, Steakly was bought out by Autonation, turned into a Bankston franchise, and shut down not too long ago. Now, Steakly is slated for demo....There goes a Dallas racing legend down the tubes.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #40
John FInley

Drives: 2004 Kia Spectra
I think I'd buy from Graff anyway. They've treated my dad nicely for years, and he's a big time haggler when it comes to cars! I may have to take him with me!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #41
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
I think I represent most on here when I say I wished I lived in Cedarburg Wisconsin just so I could buy the car from Newman. It would be so cool if all dealerships cared and new about what they were selling like you. Though my local dealership is on the list for selling at or under msrp (whatever thats going to be). Definitely getting a V8 pricing is going to determine the options.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #42
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestwilliams View Post
I think I represent most on here when I say I wished I lived in Cedarburg Wisconsin just so I could buy the car from Newman. It would be so cool if all dealerships cared and new about what they were selling like you. Though my local dealership is on the list for selling at or under msrp (whatever thats going to be). Definitely getting a V8 pricing is going to determine the options.
THANKS! I'll help who I can, and I'm sure we'll have the CAMAROSCOTTY LOVE rubbing off on a few other dealers......I can't do this alone.....But I can make it fun & different! Providing what info I can and when I can is the BEST part! I'm just as eager as anyone!

Closed Thread