Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Who's attending SEMA 2010
Camaro5 Vendor 18 14.06%
Camaro5 Show Car 32 25.00%
Camaro5 Attending 78 60.94%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #225
Camman475

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT Camaro
I was wondering how you guys go about getting your cars to show in a booth?
does the vendor rent your car or do you donate it for show off purposes? also, do they get cars that are already souped up or do they soup them up with their products for the display?
I've been googling trying to figure out how to get a vendor to put my car on the floor, but haven't found anything!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #226
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camman475 View Post
I was wondering how you guys go about getting your cars to show in a booth?
does the vendor rent your car or do you donate it for show off purposes? also, do they get cars that are already souped up or do they soup them up with their products for the display?
I've been googling trying to figure out how to get a vendor to put my car on the floor, but haven't found anything!
Most of the time a vendor will look for a car who has lots of items (or a car that is sponsored the company in exchange for free parts the person will have to promote the products and agree to let the car be used at shows) from them and see if they would like to have their car on display at SEMA. For a company like myself I would offer a person a custom stand w/ display board in exchange for the use of his or her car for display for the 4 days to show off our product and in return they get a free product plus there car is on stage at SEMA. This year we will not have a booth but I have a few cars that will display our stands w/ their cars in exchange they get a free product all they need to do is hand out business cards and flyers to people who ask about our stands.

Sean
Old 10-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #227
Camman475

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT Camaro
Interesting, Partly why I was asking is because unfortunately I am out of town this year for SEMA for the 1st time, So I thought since I don't need my car that week and since we all know Camaros are the new it car for SEMA that it'd be cool to rent or lend my car out to a booth. I was wondering if the booth did whatever upgrades they wanted to show off their product and then let you keep them on the car. sounds like to some extent thats how it works. If you know of any vendors that are interested or looking, I'd love to give my car a chance for some free upgrades and a little time in the light.. lol.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #228
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Magnuson Products will be there, just down the isle from the GM booth!

Jon & I will be there all week, stop by and say hi!
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #229
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
Interesting, Partly why I was asking is because unfortunately I am out of town this year for SEMA for the 1st time, So I thought since I don't need my car that week and since we all know Camaros are the new it car for SEMA that it'd be cool to rent or lend my car out to a booth. I was wondering if the booth did whatever upgrades they wanted to show off their product and then let you keep them on the car. sounds like to some extent thats how it works. If you know of any vendors that are interested or looking, I'd love to give my car a chance for some free upgrades and a little time in the light.. lol.
Yep pretty much how it works now I have seen some vendors will put stuff on a car and take it off after they use it which IMHO is not right if I am going to use a persons car for display I will give them the product for free.

Not this year but next year we will be looking for some cars to use at SEMA.

Sean
Old 10-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #230
AACstyle

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Most exhibitors are manufacturers, they usually reach out to the shops that sell their products to provide a car for SEMA. They may also have a vehicle built ground-up for SEMA then tour with it for the rest of the year promoting the products. Usually to get your car in a booth you would need to offer it up to the manufacturer around March and they would most likely outfit the vehicle with whatever products they make for that particular model. You keep the parts, I have never heard of anyone asking for the parts back but (in most circumstances) you are responsible for getting the car to SEMA and are contractually obligated to don that company's logo for the next year.

You would need a detailed proposal to get an exhibitors attention and the vehicle would need to be already heavily (and tastefully) modified. In the industry these vehicles are called "booth bait" it gets traffic to your booth weather its because of your products on the vehicle or not, then once people are in the booth the compnay's reps take over with making contacts.

Last edited by AACstyle; 10-16-2010 at 01:44 PM.
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #231
RBD

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Convertible
My Camaro will be on display in the Razzi/AAC booth in the north hall.
I will also have a 2011 SHO in the Ford display.
RBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #232
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltersElklandChevy WEC View Post
We will be there displaying this non GM sponsored custom Camaro. Please check out the real thing at the Heide Performance Products display.
Very cool I cannot wait to see that one
Old 10-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #233
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Most of the time a vendor will look for a car who has lots of items (or a car that is sponsored the company in exchange for free parts the person will have to promote the products and agree to let the car be used at shows) from them and see if they would like to have their car on display at SEMA. For a company like myself I would offer a person a custom stand w/ display board in exchange for the use of his or her car for display for the 4 days to show off our product and in return they get a free product plus there car is on stage at SEMA. This year we will not have a booth but I have a few cars that will display our stands w/ their cars in exchange they get a free product all they need to do is hand out business cards and flyers to people who ask about our stands.

Sean
Let me know if you have a booth next year. =)
Old 10-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #234
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Let me know if you have a booth next year. =)
That is the plan for next year and I will need 4-6 cars
Old 10-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #235
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
That is the plan for next year and I will need 4-6 cars
you can use my car too me and jay will road trip
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #236
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
I will be attending this year. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #237
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGirl View Post
I will be attending this year. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
same here
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #238
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'll call you tomorrow Sean.

Can't wait to meet you SSgirl. =) Missed you somehow at the Stillen meet.