Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #71
T D C

Drives: hurst m6 V8 BLK 2SS vin 375
well one thing is for sure 2010 belongs to the camaro 2011 we will find out soon
T D C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #72
PHEOX

Drives: '06 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
The dyno, nor the numbers, don't care what gear the car is in.

And if you want to get technical usually dynoing in a different gear, not 1:1, will result in slightly less power shown.
You just contradicted yourself very badly.
PHEOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #73
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
When are people going to realize dynos are tuning tools more than measuring tools. 50 bucks says they could have driven that stang to another dyno on the same day and gotten piss poor numbers. Different dynos read all sorts of numbers.

We have to remember this is the same dyno they used when the GT500 read high as well. I'm tired of everyone basing numbers off this ONE 5.0 dyno. When 50 of them dyno those numbers.. ok, I'll believe it. But I bet most will not.

There's probably a few LS3's on here pumping out huge stock freak dyno numbers...We don't go and say we make more than 426 though now do we? Food for thought.
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #74
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHEOX View Post
You just contradicted yourself very badly.
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #75
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Right or wrong? Ford Confirmed the 5.0 to have 412hp. I would really like to know.

<Start Motor Trend Article>

(http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html)

Well, for all those "5.0" owners who over the last five decades have felt a little embarrassed or deceitful -- and by all means to those who don't even care and simply love their 302s -- it is time to rejoice. After a 16-year hiatus, the 5.0 has returned in the 2011 Mustang GT and, yes, at 4951cc, it now officially displaces five full liters. Better yet, thanks to all-aluminum construction, twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT), and a 6800-rpm redline, this don't-ever-call-me-a-4.9, 32-valve 5.0 liter cranks out 412 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 390 pound-feet of torque at 4250. (A run on the dyno at K&N Air Filters in Riverside, CA, suggests actual output to be around 435 horsepower and 404 pound-feet.)

<End Article>

They have a full page of their testing results somewhere on the Motor Trend website but I cant find it at the moment, that mention will have to suffice for now.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #76
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
I agree with what some have said that I'm just glas the muscle's are all back in full force and are doing battle...

Nobody knows "who's is faster" yet for 2011 so lets all sit back and wait for the write up on it or to hear the real facts but until then lets enjoy this year on top and also celebrate Chevy's greatest comeback ever with the Gen 5's!!

I'd actually be excited if Ford came out on top to be faster in 2011 for the simple fact that GM will fire back with something faster until we start bringing back the big old motors of days past.

So will Chevy strike back? HELL YES IN FULL FORCE!! But the only thing saying the Mustang will be faster is a piece of paper...sorry guys but doesn't mean s**t to me until you run them side by side...I'll be awaiting that day eagerly...
Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #77
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar View Post
False accusations, lol, like i said you robbed somebody. OK fine you arent a mustang fan just a s**t disturber. Nothing about most of what youve said has left any room for anything other than "mustang wins and everyone loves mustangs". You even used the governme welfare line.

If you dont like being called a duck...stop quacking like one.
Dude. This is the general discussion area of a forum. Nothing disturbing about a Camaro fan/owner asking people's opinion on what Chevy may do about the 2011 mustang. Now please either join the discussion in a meaningful way or dont take part at all. Thanks.

Semper Fi!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #78
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
I agree with what some have said that I'm just glas the muscle's are all back in full force and are doing battle...

Nobody knows "who's is faster" yet for 2011 so lets all sit back and wait for the write up on it or to hear the real facts but until then lets enjoy this year on top and also celebrate Chevy's greatest comeback ever with the Gen 5's!!

I'd actually be excited if Ford came out on top to be faster in 2011 for the simple fact that GM will fire back with something faster until we start bringing back the big old motors of days past.

So will Chevy strike back? HELL YES IN FULL FORCE!! But the only thing saying the Mustang will be faster is a piece of paper...sorry guys but doesn't mean s**t to me until you run them side by side...I'll be awaiting that day eagerly...
Not quite true.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html

Check out the video at the bottom and read the article if you're still interested after that.
I hope they will soon! and in a meaningful way! I fear that because the mustang surpassed the new engine in the Camaro so quickly, itl be a while before chevy updates the engine. :(

Semper Fi!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #79
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post

Well at least one V6 comparison was done by Insideline.com. Mustang won the 0 - 60.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #80
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I really don't give a flip what Chevy or Ford do. I don't care if I have the fastest car in it's class.

I bought a '10 Camaro because it's (like me) dead sexy.
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #81
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
<Start Motor Trend Article>

(http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html)

Well, for all those "5.0" owners who over the last five decades have felt a little embarrassed or deceitful -- and by all means to those who don't even care and simply love their 302s -- it is time to rejoice. After a 16-year hiatus, the 5.0 has returned in the 2011 Mustang GT and, yes, at 4951cc, it now officially displaces five full liters. Better yet, thanks to all-aluminum construction, twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT), and a 6800-rpm redline, this don't-ever-call-me-a-4.9, 32-valve 5.0 liter cranks out 412 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 390 pound-feet of torque at 4250. (A run on the dyno at K&N Air Filters in Riverside, CA, suggests actual output to be around 435 horsepower and 404 pound-feet.)

<End Article>

They have a full page of their testing results somewhere on the Motor Trend website but I cant find it at the moment, that mention will have to suffice for now.
Ford officially says 412hp that's it. So on paper Chevy is on top. Now, when they start going to the track we shall see who is on top there. Ought to be fun.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #82
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
I'd be hard pressed to argue that the 2011 Mustang GT isn't the better value this year: it looks like it's faster, definitely more nimble and the interior is a bit more refined. However, if Chevy does anything further for 2011 than it could swing the other way, but it doesn't appear that is going to happen.

I have to agree with Semper Fi that the buying public will see it that way as well; Chevy wants to spend time working on a niche vehicle at the expense of a mass market vehicle while Ford is focusing on the latter.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #83
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
I wanna see what a run of the mill production GT will do, not a specially supplied by Ford for testing purposes car. We will have to wait until they are actually released and see.
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #84
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr1950 View Post
I envy you. If I could just be satisfied with that I would still have tens of thousands of dollars that I have instead put into having the fastest car I can afford!! Oh well. Im a speed demon.

Semper Fi!

Tags
2011, 5.0, mustang gt