Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #15
mr_desmo
Banned

Drives: beated up old mini austin
Nice stuff jordan; really nice stuff, can you make packages like engine and overall bushings plus sways and sport springs all dialed together; that would rock my world!!!
mr_desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #16
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
So what speeds were you able to achieve with the sway bars versus stock before encountering understeer? Any numbers you can give us?

Here ya go.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #17
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Sweet!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #18
Croathlete
Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
So what speeds were you able to achieve with the sway bars versus stock before encountering understeer? Any numbers you can give us?

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #19
Aaron Pfadt
Pfadt Race Engineering

Drives: 7.0 Liters of Fury
Quote:
This video was really just a demo to show how much you can affect the balance of the car with swaybar changes. The day we shot this video, we tested a several packages, none of which was our production package. We were able to make some modest increases in performance with the sets of bars we had, but nothing spectacular. After digesting all that data, we made some more bars and went back to test again.

We'll post some documentation of our skid pad numbers in the near future. We'll set up a real comparison test where we run our production bars against stock bars and show the improvements with hard data.

We'll certainly do all of our testing with the stock tire package. This weird thought (that seems to be gaining traction on this forum) that you have to change tires to make the car work is crazy.

Stay tuned.

Aaron Pfadt
Aaron Pfadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #20
PfadtRacing

Pfadt Sport Sways Shipping NOW!

Hi Everyone!

The Pfadt Sport Sway Bar system is in stock and shipping to customers NOW! We've already pre-sold most of our first batch. Please feel free to contact us to find the closest dealer and get a set of these bars. It will be the best $$ you spend on your Camaro in terms of handling!

Kind regards,
Old 09-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #21
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Nice stuff guys!

Any Camaro5 breaks or group buys??

Would like to have on car for meet this month in So.Cal.

Do you have to jack up the engine to get the front bars in and do the rears fit without messing with the exhaust?

Thanks
d69chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #22
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Hi Everyone!

The Pfadt Sport Sway Bar system is in stock and shipping to customers NOW! We've already pre-sold most of our first batch. Please feel free to contact us to find the closest dealer and get a set of these bars. It will be the best $$ you spend on your Camaro in terms of handling!

Kind regards,
Hey Jordan, I'm local, do you guys offer installation. I'm kinda bad with tools....thanks.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #23
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird
Do you have any info on the actual specifications of the bars? Such as over all thickness, are they solid or hollow, what material are they made out of, if they are hollow what is the wall thickness, weight gain or loss over stock, ect?
duder4thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #24
Croathlete
Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Pfadt View Post
This video was really just a demo to show how much you can affect the balance of the car with swaybar changes. The day we shot this video, we tested a several packages, none of which was our production package. We were able to make some modest increases in performance with the sets of bars we had, but nothing spectacular. After digesting all that data, we made some more bars and went back to test again.

We'll post some documentation of our skid pad numbers in the near future. We'll set up a real comparison test where we run our production bars against stock bars and show the improvements with hard data.

We'll certainly do all of our testing with the stock tire package. This weird thought (that seems to be gaining traction on this forum) that you have to change tires to make the car work is crazy.

Stay tuned.

Aaron Pfadt
Still waiting for all this before I order...

Old 09-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #25
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
+1
d69chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #26
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Nice stuff guys!

Any Camaro5 breaks or group buys??

Would like to have on car for meet this month in So.Cal.

Do you have to jack up the engine to get the front bars in and do the rears fit without messing with the exhaust?

Thanks
We don't offer any discounts directly but we do have a Dealer Network and I'm sure they'd be willing to give a Camaro5 discount. Go HERE to find out about discounts.

The Pfadt Sport Sways are a bolt-in install and you won't need to remove or do anything other than pull the factory bars and replace them with our bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Hey Jordan, I'm local, do you guys offer installation. I'm kinda bad with tools....thanks.
PM Sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder4thgen View Post
Do you have any info on the actual specifications of the bars? Such as over all thickness, are they solid or hollow, what material are they made out of, if they are hollow what is the wall thickness, weight gain or loss over stock, ect?
The front bar in our system is a solid tubular bar and the O.D. is 15/16", we did this for ultimate performance, packaging space and durability. The rear bar is 1 3/8" and it is a hollow tubular bar with 3 adjustments. They are both made in the USA with high grade Steel and they were designed for ultimate performance and durability. The ends are machined where most bars are pinched and it is a much nicer set up. In terms of weight they add roughly 4 pounds to the overall package, larger bars usually mean more weight. The bars are finished with a silver powder coating and they include front and rear greasable graphite impregnated poly bushings and brackets. We achieved balance and roll reduction by increasing the rate of the rear bar significantly and the front bar moderately. The steering response is greatly improved and the overall fun factor is increased 10 fold. When I drove the Camaro stock it was OK and when we added the bars it was like a totally different car. It felt much smaller and more responsive.

Quote:
Still waiting for all this before I order...
In stock form our SS pulled .87 and with the bar change only we got .93 with factory tires. This was achieved by moving the load from the front outside tire (overloaded causing understeer) to the rear outside tire (neutral balance). These are sustained numbers. I will say there is much more involved in making a car perform than skid pad #'s although we've achieved great #'s. With the addition of our coil over package, Control Arm Bushings, strut tower brace, sub-frame bushings, and other supporting components we're expecting over 1G on stock tires.

We were running our Inverted Adjustable Coil Overs along with our Sport Sway Bar package and we picked up 5.5 seconds a lap over the OEM package on a 2.2 mile course with stock wheels and tires. With the Inverted Coil Over design we've reduced the unsprung mass greatly and this is a feature that is only being offered by Pfadt Racing. The handling was confidence inspiring with the package.

Please feel free to call or email us anytime! We appreciate everyone's interest and have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #27
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Hey Jordan,
can you update me on your sub frame connectors and bushing availability? Sport bars still I/S?
My patience is gone.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #28
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
We don't offer any discounts directly but we do have a Dealer Network and I'm sure they'd be willing to give a Camaro5 discount. Go HERE to find out about discounts.

The Pfadt Sport Sways are a bolt-in install and you won't need to remove or do anything other than pull the factory bars and replace them with our bars.

PM Sent.

The front bar in our system is a solid tubular bar and the O.D. is 15/16", we did this for ultimate performance, packaging space and durability. The rear bar is 1 3/8" and it is a hollow tubular bar with 3 adjustments. They are both made in the USA with high grade Steel and they were designed for ultimate performance and durability. The ends are machined where most bars are pinched and it is a much nicer set up. In terms of weight they add roughly 4 pounds to the overall package, larger bars usually mean more weight. The bars are finished with a silver powder coating and they include front and rear greasable graphite impregnated poly bushings and brackets. We achieved balance and roll reduction by increasing the rate of the rear bar significantly and the front bar moderately. The steering response is greatly improved and the overall fun factor is increased 10 fold. When I drove the Camaro stock it was OK and when we added the bars it was like a totally different car. It felt much smaller and more responsive.

In stock form our SS pulled .87 and with the bar change only we got .93 with factory tires. This was achieved by moving the load from the front outside tire (overloaded causing understeer) to the rear outside tire (neutral balance). These are sustained numbers. I will say there is much more involved in making a car perform than skid pad #'s although we've achieved great #'s. With the addition of our coil over package, Control Arm Bushings, strut tower brace, sub-frame bushings, and other supporting components we're expecting over 1G on stock tires.

We were running our Inverted Adjustable Coil Overs along with our Sport Sway Bar package and we picked up 5.5 seconds a lap over the OEM package on a 2.2 mile course with stock wheels and tires. With the Inverted Coil Over design we've reduced the unsprung mass greatly and this is a feature that is only being offered by Pfadt Racing. The handling was confidence inspiring with the package.

Please feel free to call or email us anytime! We appreciate everyone's interest and have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
What is a solid tubular bar?