Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2016, 11:32 PM   #1
Dvlinnell

Drives: 2010 SS2 RS
Windshield Wiper Issue / Supercharged

Hello everyone. Great forum here with a wealth of information for someone like me new to the Camaro world. So I have a 2010 SS2/RS we purchased a few months ago. It was a family purchase due to an unfortunate death in the family. He was one of the greatest individuals you could ever know so we really wanted to keep this car in the family. So I discovered a few days ago that the wipers do not work. Everything else does, washer etc, but the motor does not work. The fuse is fine as well. Just a little background (unfortunately i don't know all the details as this uncle that passed just went crazy with this car, just a toy he loved fast and loud) The car has had a lot of work done and only has 18k miles on it and its still like brand new. So here's the question for those of you who may know where I might start looking. The car has a magnuson supercharger/blower, cam, long tube headers with duel 3" exhaust, heads....etc. with the tune and increased boost its supposed to make around 750HP. Electric operated dumps, reverse cam.... Just a really nice car with all work very professionally done.
So anyway, I have a feeling that when all the engine work was done that the wiper motor may have been unplugged somewhere possibly? Do any of you think that could have happened with all the under hood work done? If so, does anyone know where I might start to look or find the possible point where it came unplugged? I've tried to search as much as possible but it doesn't appear there's a known problem with the wiper motors on these cars, not to mention that i know this car has very rarely been driven in the rain. So I have to think it just may be unplugged somewhere in the harness under the hood.....hopefully. What do you guys think? I guess I'm just curious for those of you that have done a lot of work on these cars if there's a connector that could or would have had to be unplugged/moved out of the way and just wasn't re-connected.
Sorry for the long post but any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This car will never intentionally see rain, which is why I've had it for 3 months and didn't know they didn't work.
Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it!

Last edited by Dvlinnell; 07-24-2016 at 07:37 AM.
Dvlinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
The easy answer, take a trip to PEP Boys and have them check it for free to see if its the motor or in the wiring.