Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-01-2022, 06:18 AM   #1
isaiahofficial

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Exclamation Problems with door switch & window indexing

Here's my problem: When I open drivers door, 80% of the time the car doesn't realize the door is open so the window doesn't index, the radio doesn't turn off, interior lights, etc.

I've seen posts regarding this problem before, and some people say its a wiring issue in the door harness, others are saying its a BCM issue... I've pulled back the rubber on the door harness and the wires look fine, and I've also pulled off the trim on the driver side and have found no broken or frayed wires. I even checked BCM connectors and they all seem fine. Already tried cleaning & lubing the door latch assembly where the switch is housed.

Sometimes when the door is open, after about 5-20 seconds, the car will realize and will index the window properly, turn off the radio, etc, and then other times with the door open, I can watch the window index itself then go back up, then back down, over and over again until I close the door. Sometimes it won't ever index or tell the car the door is open until I close it and try to open it again. It's almost like it has a mind of its own.

Biggest problem with the window not indexing properly is that if the door is closed with the window still completely up, the window will sometimes get caught on the top window trim and will actually push the window out of its path and wont seat or seal correctly. I'm tired of looking like a nut job messing with my door everytime I get out of my car somewhere.

I just want to know, for the people who have had similar issues, where is the EXACT location you looked for shorted wires?... I want to say it's a wiring issue but another side of me is leaning towards the door latch assembly itself. How often do these door latches go out on these cars?
isaiahofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:47 AM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Have you disconnected the battery to force the window control module to reset where tells you to reindex the window?
gtstorey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:58 PM   #3
isaiahofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Have you disconnected the battery to force the window control module to reset where tells you to reindex the window?
Yes I’ve also tried that. It has me re-index the window but the problem is the door sensor either the sensor itself or the wiring to the sensor. I’ve seen other people say they’ve fixed it through wiring but never told how exactly they fixed it or where they found their shorted wires.
Old 07-02-2022, 07:39 PM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
#1 cause is a weak battery.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 03:54 PM   #5
isaiahofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
#1 cause is a weak battery.
Nope not the battery. Just put in a brand new battery and it was doing it before that too. It started during the winter.
Old 08-01-2023, 11:09 AM   #6
2010SailorsSS
CamaroInProgress

Drives: 2010 black on black SS
Im having the same issue but my window has completely given up indexing. Radio stays on. Switches dont work.
Dealership has replaced everything but the "discontinued" harness. Has anyone figured out the issue or a solution?
2010SailorsSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch, door switch, window indexing, wiring