Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: If you were buying my Camaro, would you prefer...
New tires of SELLER'S choice for an extra $800-$900 7 15.91%
Save the $800-$900 at time of purchase and buy tires later (soon) 37 84.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Which Would You Prefer? (Poll)

Thinking of selling my Camaro. It so happens I'm about due for a new set of tires and I'm wondering what would a potential buyer prefer. The current original P-Zeros have about 20% life left.

If you were considering buying my car, would you prefer to pay an extra $800-$900 to have new tires or save that $800-$900 and purchase your own tires a little further down the road (so to speak)?

If I buy new ones they will NOT be P-Zeros but a good all-around high performance tire brand like Nitto Motivos or Cooper Zeons.

Thanks for your input/advice.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:01 AM   #2
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
That's a tough one. Id say put the new tires on bc then its just another selling point.. Hey, its got fresh tires. I will say, some potential buyers may not want to buy a car and then immediately have to put money into it, even if its tires. Plus, they might try to use the balding tires to talk the price down.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:12 AM   #3
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
For me I like buying vehicles in a state where it doesn’t need anything. So I say new tires.
Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #4
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I've had the same issue several times when buying cars. I always prefer to buy my own tires, if it's a choice. The last time I bought a car with newer tires they were the crappy Mastercraft (on my Jeep) and I suffered through them for a year because I felt it would be stupid to buy new tires at that point. When I did buy newer tires, they were what I wanted and I regretted dealing with the cheapos.

Having said all that, a used car with bald tires just doesn’t look good. Probably best to buy new tires.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current

Last edited by Cheap Guy; 06-01-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #5
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
How many miles did you get out of the PZeros?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:42 AM   #6
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
If you were considering buying my car, would you prefer to pay an extra $800-$900 .
Nope.

New tires are maintenance, which does not add monetary value to the car.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
The thing is that new tires WILL help sell the car, but you can't expect to recoup the entire cost from the buyer. Keep the old tires and that opens the door for them to argue down the price. Double edged sword, but I would say put on the new tires and your chances of selling quickly will increase.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #8
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
That's a tough one. Id say put the new tires on bc then its just another selling point.. Hey, its got fresh tires. I will say, some potential buyers may not want to buy a car and then immediately have to put money into it, even if its tires. Plus, they might try to use the balding tires to talk the price down.
Thanks. That's a good point I hadn't considered.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 06-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #9
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
How many miles did you get out of the PZeros?
They have 37K on them. They've been cross-rotated every oil change (5k miles) and still have decent tread. They'd probably make it to 40K.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #10
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I'd say put on the tires, de-mod the car & sell those parts as I expect they may hurt the cars value more than help it depending on the buyer and it helps pay the tire cost. A modded car screams its a beaten car to some folks whether its true or not unless its the right kind of buyer who wants them.

Not a knock just a comment on getting the best bucks out of it....
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:16 PM   #11
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
The thing is that new tires WILL help sell the car, but you can't expect to recoup the entire cost from the buyer. Keep the old tires and that opens the door for them to argue down the price. Double edged sword, but I would say put on the new tires and your chances of selling quickly will increase.
Probably so. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #12
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
I'd say put on the tires, de-mod the car & sell those parts as I expect they may hurt the cars value more than help it depending on the buyer and it helps pay the tire cost. A modded car screams its a beaten car to some folks whether its true or not unless its the right kind of buyer who wants them.

Not a knock just a comment on getting the best bucks out of it....
I get ya. Thanks. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it and don't want to mess with a de-mod. If it takes a while to find the right buyer, that's okay.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #13
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
What do you plan to do sell it private or trade it in? Those are nice mods you have if its the right kind of buyer. I know I would be leery if I saw headers etc. under the hood whether that's fair to the owners treatment of the car or not.....
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:15 PM   #14
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Thinking of selling my Camaro. It so happens I'm about due for a new set of tires and I'm wondering what would a potential buyer prefer. The current original P-Zeros have about 20% life left.

If you were considering buying my car, would you prefer to pay an extra $800-$900 to have new tires or save that $800-$900 and purchase your own tires a little further down the road (so to speak)?

If I buy new ones they will NOT be P-Zeros but a good all-around high performance tire brand like Nitto Motivos or Cooper Zeons.

Thanks for your input/advice.

If the tires are done on the car I'm not paying what you're asking for the car . If you want top dollar for your car you put new tires on . Or you better price the car accordingly. My 2cents. Cooper Zeons are great tires by the way.