Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-15-2011, 02:20 AM   #85
MatchbookSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro
I have no idea what I was talking about.

Last edited by MatchbookSS; 08-06-2018 at 12:50 AM.
MatchbookSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #86
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
I buy my gas in the hood (93 is less expensive). All I see are Homies trying to figure how to fast jack my wheels. Guess I need to expand my horizons.
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:53 AM   #87
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Quote:
Almost every time I stop for gas guys come over to chit-chat. Yeah they like the Camaro and think it's pretty cool a chick's driving it. Thank God none of them are dropping their panties. Not sure I'd like that so much... lol
I've done this before , used the car as an ice breaker, could have cared less about the car, truth be told!! I think some girls do the same thing.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 AM   #88
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Just old ladies...

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #89
WILDRACER
WILDRACER

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs IOM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
And, us crazy old girls too (ya know, the "over 50" crowd) and proud of it!

love you crazy old girls.....
WILDRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 AM   #90
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDRACER View Post
love you crazy old girls.....
OLD isn't a word I'd use for chicks in their 50's. Mature is a bit better.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #91
Cbrenthus

Drives: 2011 VR 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
I've done this before , used the car as an ice breaker, could have cared less about the car, truth be told!! I think some girls do the same thing.
I agree, sometimes it is actually about you and not the vehicle. If you have a nice car, and a girl is interested in you, its easy for her to say "How 'bout taking me for a spin in your car?" rather than flat out asking for your number or something. If you drive a Prius, its not quite as believable

Another point, the Camaro says you are an exciting person who values performance over practicality. Basically, it says you like to have fun and a good time. A Prius does not say that. Someone that is happy and fun is more attractive to most people

And, a last point, even though its a Camaro, its new, there aren't many of them so its an eye catcher. In 2 years, it won't be a big deal at all any more. And, alot of people have no idea what cars cost! Heck, in 2001, my gf at the time's mom though my used '99 Sebring JXi conv was up with porsches and such. She probably thought that car cost $50K+ - She probably never in her life paid more than a few grand for a car, and just didn't even look at anything new or even used above $5K. So, as bad as it sounds, there are people out there that can't tell the difference between a Camaro and a Ferrari!
Cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #92
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSilver5gen View Post
So just because you are 19 and you put a camshaft in your camaro it's "cooler" than most camaros on the road. Sorry bid but don't flatter yourself
It's cool. But theres other camaros with alot cooler
Mods than a cam shaft..
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #93
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
two funny stories:

Coming out of the gym one day getting in my car, and a VERY attractive young lady decked out for yoga class (trying to paint a picture here haha) asked me if the hood could hold two people..... I must have just been staring at her because 1) I couldn't believe she was talking to me (she was that good looking) and 2) I've never been talked to like that before haha. I mean not without a little work put in first. She then asked if we could test it out... which is where I had to say thank you but I'm engaged. Where was this car 5 years ago.... haha

Story #2, I had a buddy in town that I hadn't seen in a long time and he'd never seen my car. So I took him out for a rip in it, and he was asking if it was a chick magnet. It was summer and we were cruising with the windows down. Not 5 seconds after he got the chick magnet question out of his mouth this car full of 16-17 yr old girls pulls up beside us and they're hanging out the windows taking pictures and screaming OMG's at us.

these are two of the funniest of many haha. but the funniest part is my fiancee could care less about the car, in fact, all of the cliche things I do that chicks are supposed to dig. I play guitar in a band, make a better than average living, work out etc etc. she really doesn't care about haha Probably why I'm gonna marry her.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #94
silverbullet10
Ken

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Chicks are always asking who's camaro that is parked outside. I guess the smile I have on my face from driving it to work everyday is a dead give away. lol
silverbullet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #95
Scruffage

Drives: 2011 2ss Rs LS3 manual in black
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
no like 40+ with a family. my dad who is 51 would never be caught in a camaro. not because they are not nice cars, but because he feels hes to old for that "look". he said if he wanted a fast car, it would be a z06 or zr1. thats more of his speed. every notice a lot of older people owning vettes ? thats why.

camaros IMO attract younger adults 20-35. that my look on the topic. and i would never make fun of anybody no matter what age for owning this all some car.
Well I find this a little humorous. I'm over 40 and I bought my Camaro because it reminds me of the muscle cars back in the day that I cut my teeth on. Not because I saw it on Transformers and thought it was cool.
Scruffage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #96
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
I met my fiance 3 days after I picked up my Camaro =)

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #97
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSilver5gen View Post
So just because you are 19 and you put a camshaft in your camaro it's "cooler" than most camaros on the road. Sorry bid but don't flatter yourself
It's cool. But theres other camaros with alot cooler
Mods than a cam shaft..
your right there are A LOT of cooler camaros on the road. i think i am doing pretty good for my age.

i dont have much money to work with compare to other people with jobs. i am jobless at the moment. and focusing on school. sorry if i cant compete with older people.

the OP asked if the girls like the camaro, and i said girls my age like the camaro.( 18-20 ) that all i am trying to say. and people flame me because of my age.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #98
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
I get tons of comments and yes most of them are from chicks! Some even always joke around and say "what are you doing with my car???" LOL....As for guys I get few good comments and some like "Why the V6???" >_> even though they don't own a car or have v8s with just about or less Horsepower than my v6